Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sharbuckles IM Fusion 15 Cube

Sharbuckle

34 minutes ago, Lebowski_ said:

What level do you keep your pump chamber?

Ummm I’ll take a picture in a bit. I’m pretty high. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Ummm I’ll take a picture in a bit. I’m pretty high. 

Hahaha I have no idea why it autocorrected to I’m . I am definitely not high lololol…..

what I meant to say was “it’s pretty high”. As in the water level. 

• Haha 2

Water change done today, I’ve been slacking. I also noticed my red macro algae that’s growing out of the overflow is dying off even faster. Need more flow ASAP. 

Added a new fish to my temporary tank beside the cube. It’s a naked cinnamon clown. Very shy for the moment, but I foresee it being a terror down the road lol. I have a heart for these big nasty clowns for some reason. 

D866DC96-CD5D-46E4-9B79-47848F137DFE.jpeg

61B0ADFC-9027-4B20-B8FA-42F5ABE285EB.jpeg

C3A52620-BDFE-4A6A-B9B9-451AB3FC6CC0.jpeg

• Like 3

Not much to talk about this week, other than I left my skimmer off for a week.... 

Added a new frag of blue hornets. Pretty excited to get my hands on one of my all time favourite zoanthids. 

DSC07201-2.jpg

DSC07203.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Sharbuckle

Caulerpa is exploding and sort of taking over, I moved some coral over to my temporary tank as this one was getting overcrowded and some corals are being shaded out. 

going to remove some big chunks of caulerpa today and take some more coral out and put it in the temporary tank. Worried about moving my yellow fiji though as it’s my prize possession, but it’s just sort of floating around the sandbed, I’ll see how the other corals react to being moved first. 

B4D345E6-B092-402B-8F25-AFDF843E01EB.jpeg

• Like 1
banasophia

Looks beautiful! You could just send that Fiji yellow to me… I can take care of it for you if you’re running out of room 😁🤗  … those are my favorites too! Did you end up taking the mangrove out? 

Wow, looks great!

I just started planning my build (going with the 15 fusion as well) after being out of the scene for 9years!

• Like 1
Sharbuckle
35 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Looks beautiful! You could just send that Fiji yellow to me… I can take care of it for you if you’re running out of room 😁🤗  … those are my favorites too! Did you end up taking the mangrove out? 

I did, I noticed it dropped two leaves and wasn’t looking good, I moved it to the other tank, hoping it bounces back. 

28 minutes ago, kevin_f said:

Wow, looks great!

I just started planning my build (going with the 15 fusion as well) after being out of the scene for 9years!

Welcome back! Excited to see your fusion 15 come to life, I’ll keep an eye out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am doing something a bit similar - my tank was always meant to be about getting my foot back in the reef water. Now that I am fully in, I can already see not all my corals will coexist in this system so I am planning a living room display, and moving all the softies and Zoa's over so they have some room.

I ripped my Caulepra out after 2 weeks, it was truly insane how fast it spread.

BTW, do you have a sponsorship with Aquarium Depot?

I dig the art above the tank, didn't notice that before.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle
5 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

I am doing something a bit similar - my tank was always meant to be about getting my foot back in the reef water. Now that I am fully in, I can already see not all my corals will coexist in this system so I am planning a living room display, and moving all the softies and Zoa's over so they have some room.

I ripped my Caulepra out after 2 weeks, it was truly insane how fast it spread.

BTW, do you have a sponsorship with Aquarium Depot?

I dig the art above the tank, didn't notice that before.

I do not have a sponsorship I just love their customer service and they’re incredibly kind people. They sent me this aquarium to get me back in the hobby out of the kindness of their hearts. Will forever love AD! 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Nice!

I use them often too, although now that my tank is set up I am trying to spend more time at the local shops. We have a lot of real good small shops in my area down here south of Toronto.

Sharbuckle
14 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

Nice!

I use them often too, although now that my tank is set up I am trying to spend more time at the local shops. We have a lot of real good small shops in my area down here south of Toronto.

Aren’t they also technically a small shop in Toronto? Their online presence is great but they still need the local support. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Aren’t they also technically a small shop in Toronto? Their online presence is great but they still need the local support. 

Yep, I think in Mississauga somewhere. Hoping to see it in person soon, there's a bunch of quality reef shops in that area. A couple hours drive in the World's worst highways to get there, though.

Down here in Niagara we've got Little shop of Coral, Under the Sea, Blue Water all for coral, then Sammy's for fish. Hobby seems to be as vibrant as ever.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Sharbuckle
4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Your tank is so gorgeous! Always makes me happy to see your updates. 

Thank you so much. I’m so happy it makes you happy 😃 I’m going to film an in depth YouTube update this week.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle

Tried some macro photography tonight with my new lens. It’s more difficult than I first imagined but I got a few good shots.

For some reason I have trouble uploading high quality images from my phone. Will update from computer! 

• Like 1
banasophia

Very nicely done! The tank looks great and it’s cool you have that nanoreef.com sticker on your tank so your videos are getting the word out about the forum. 

• Thanks 1
Sharbuckle
On 5/28/2023 at 12:13 PM, banasophia said:

Very nicely done! The tank looks great and it’s cool you have that nanoreef.com sticker on your tank so your videos are getting the word out about the forum. 

I’ll forever love this forum. Was doing some cleaning and found the sticker and thought it was only right to put it on the tank.

• Like 2

Your toadstool collection is so great, and the video turned out very nice.

I got my first toadstool frag in over a decade yesterday, this little guy was looking a little rough in the frag tank but I think he has potential:

IMG_4358.thumb.jpeg.758d48d6e7bfac46f8e79c30f388b241.jpeg

I was taking a look at your equipment list - did you ever end up upgrading your flow? Or are you just running the stock up on the default nozzle? I see you switched to slipstream but it was too loud.

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
7 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

I got my first toadstool frag in over a decade yesterday, this little guy was looking a little rough in the frag tank but I think he has potential:

I was taking a look at your equipment list - did you ever end up upgrading your flow? Or are you just running the stock up on the default nozzle? I see you switched to slipstream but it was too loud.

Hey thanks! I love making the videos. I actually never ended up upgrading the flow. Just left it as is and sort of letting this deal with it. 

7 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

Also your toadstool looks like it has huge potential, it’s a real beauty. 

• Like 3