SaltCritters.com

Sharbuckles IM Fusion 15 Cube

Sharbuckle

1 hour ago, Lebowski_ said:

Is this the light you are using? If so, I am impressed by how beautiful your tank looks, that light has got more juice than I expected.

Well done.

Not the same light, I’ll post the link to the one I’m using. I hope it’s still impressive and beautiful lol 

https://www.amazon.ca/NICREW-HyperReef-Aquarium-Dimmable-Saltwater/dp/B08D7D4DN8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=17FCLEJHBB9PU&keywords=nicrew%2Bhyperreef&qid=1680653441&sprefix=nicrew%2Bhy%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thanks and yes it still looks great 🙂

• Thanks 1

Crazy ice storm has caused widespread power outages in my city…. We are plagued by power outages, drives me insane.

Luckily I have two battery powered air bubblers. Been 12 hours so far, will most likely be out for days. Hopefully temperatures don’t drop too much…….

16D7E96A-32B5-4192-81CE-429E5797A890.jpeg

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Oh no… I hope the power comes back on soon!

Me too! Lol… still out at the moment, fish look okay. Getting cold though, only 5C(41F) outside… argh 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

How is everything doing?

Looks like everything is happy as can be other than my red and white discosoma, they look pissed off.

also, the feather caulerpa has freakin exploded! Whoa, time to trim 

• Like 2

Update time.

I feel like I’m really lacking flow and it’s time to add a powerhead or upgrade the return pump. Noticed some spots of green cyano near the front left of the tank. I also feel like the toadstools would be happier with some more flow.

Feather caulerpa is absolutely exploding in growth and I love the natural look it’s giving the tank, two other macros in the tank are also doing well, but the one growing out of the overflow has snotty green algae growing on it, I also suspect flow is an issue there.

Unfortunately haven’t seen the goby in 2 days but it’s tiny so there’s a chance it was just hiding in plain sight.

Im weeks behind on a water change so that’s going to get done this weekend, as well as change the socks and filter media!

01D59968-15D0-4DF9-A380-79180487A89D.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Update time.

I feel like I’m really lacking flow and it’s time to add a powerhead or upgrade the return pump. Noticed some spots of green cyano near the front left of the tank. I also feel like the toadstools would be happier with some more flow.

Feather caulerpa is absolutely exploding in growth and I love the natural look it’s giving the tank, two other macros in the tank are also doing well, but the one growing out of the overflow has snotty green algae growing on it, I also suspect flow is an issue there.

Unfortunately haven’t seen the goby in 2 days but it’s tiny so there’s a chance it was just hiding in plain sight.

Im weeks behind on a water change so that’s going to get done this weekend, as well as change the socks and filter media!

01D59968-15D0-4DF9-A380-79180487A89D.jpeg

Looking beautiful as always. I really like the plants next to the tank too. I hope your goby shows back up! So what are the options you’re considering for increasing the flow? 

8 hours ago, banasophia said:

Looking beautiful as always. I really like the plants next to the tank too. I hope your goby shows back up! So what are the options you’re considering for increasing the flow? 

To stick with the simple and cheap theme I’m looking at adding a sicce return with a random flow nozzle, or finding a cheap powerhead on Amazon. The hygger powerheads are tiny tiny and only $100 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

The hygger powerheads are tiny tiny and only $100 

Yes, I love my hygger powerheads… definitely recommend! 

2 hours ago, banasophia said:

Yes, I love my hygger powerheads… definitely recommend! 

Well this is awesome news, I don’t know anything about them other than they’re small! Thanks for the recommendation’ 

5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

You know for only being about 3 months old. This tank knock’s it out of the park.

Thanks Deb! I appreciate your kind words, always. 

• Like 1

Helping a friend rehome some livestock, naked cinnamon clown and a flame top anemone are going to live beside the tank temporarily. 

6A34E06E-C9AA-4603-BBED-76C26DB266CE.jpeg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

Those are sweet!

Right? I’m hoping they open up a bit more and spread out, still a little pissed off. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ml86743 said:

you are CRUSHINGGGGGG IT!

Thank you!!! 

Added some purple rhodactis mushrooms today. They’re on a rock covered in vermetid snails however… so I may chop them off and glue them in various places… we shall see