ReefCleaners.org

Sharbuckles IM Fusion 15 Cube

Sharbuckle

Gorgeous! Can you tell us more about the clavularua? I don’t think that coral typically spawns; it usually spreads by stolons, but it would be interesting if it’s spawning like sansibia does.

4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Gorgeous! Can you tell us more about the clavularua? I don’t think that coral typically spawns; it usually spreads by stolons, but it would be interesting if it’s spawning like sansibia does.

K thats what I was thinking too until a friend of mine told me they spawned in his sump. 

here’s a picture of one of the tiny heads. You can see the size in relation to the zoanthids.

DDF6FDD2-92B7-419D-8DD3-3D30613D416A.jpeg

That rock is on the opposite side of the tank from the clavularia colony. 

• Like 1

Interesting, a quick search on the internet found that clavularia are one of a few brooding coral species and produce coral planulae on their surface. 

• Like 1

Yes, interesting!! I had a tiny clavularia or knopia polyp on my sand bed the other day and wondered if it may have dropped dropped a baby, but then I decided it probably just got pulled off by a crab. 

In my previous tank I was always astounded by the way cloves can spread over long distances through holes in the rock with their stolons. 

• Like 1

A few observations today.

1. My hermits have decided to move into some new homes…. Hermit 1 Nerite 0

2. I had noticed some flatworms on my discosoma mushrooms a couple weeks back, since adding the kuekenthali shrimp they seem to have disappeared 

3. Coraline starting to form on the back wall. I like the clean black look but no way am I scraping it clean all the time.

C2953745-352C-4D21-ACFA-D9606150B471.jpeg

508037DD-50EC-4914-BE4D-71C337CCE4DC.jpeg

A3DE89DC-B213-444A-985D-CAB60C8066D7.jpeg

• Like 5

Added five zoanthid frags the other day. Just on the sandbed for now. Not many places left to mount them so they’re probably going to be hiding behind the large toadstool somewhere. 

41027CDF-A440-4575-BE14-17940176DE96.jpeg

955EDA27-CC5F-4422-A58F-99470FE79F62.jpeg

03E5AD82-63BB-4BA0-A704-1C73C658B745.jpeg

• Like 2

Exciting news! A fish I asked for is being shipped to me tomorrow! Should arrive Thursday!! Captive bred from biota, any guesses? 

Bad news. FedEx decided the weather wasn’t good enough to deliver the package today…. Poor fish, I hope it makes it one more night. 

by the way it snowed for about an hour today, and it’s super warm out and nice, so I have NO IDEA what they’re talking about. 

• Sad 1

Unfortunately the fish I bought hasn’t been seen since putting it in, it was breathing pretty heavy so I assume it’s gone… it was a biota court jester goby…. Poor thing 

• Sad 2
On 3/19/2023 at 7:46 PM, debbeach13 said:

So sorry. Feels like a lot of fish loss the last couple weeks on here.

Such a bummer, I know this was out of my hands and really just came down to FedEx being awful as per usual. I still feel awful though.

I tried to go the captive bred route as to not make an impact on the ocean… will definitely try again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
Snow_Phoenix
9 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Such a bummer, I know this was out of my hands and really just came down to FedEx being awful as per usual. I still feel awful though.

I tried to go the captive bred route as to not make an impact on the ocean… will definitely try again.

Sorry for the loss. Court Jesters are adorable though. 🌺

Well new Dawn aquaculture sent me a replacement fish. This time it was held for pickup at the depot and I was able to pick it up at 8:30am. 

Never trusting FedEx to deliver on time ever again.

anyway this fish is much more active and already picking away at the sand and rocks.

252C6078-F61D-4853-BF84-5797AEA20241.jpeg

5BF96F52-345A-4BB8-BB5E-46681BB1A1FE.jpeg

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

All of them look nice. The front view is my pick.

Definitely hard to beat that view! But I really love looking through the side when the sun comes through the window. It’s a beautiful sight. 

• Like 2
On 2/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, Sharbuckle said:

Really impressed with the mini q skimmer so far. Took a while to break in but now it’s working like a charm!

894DC775-8EAD-4D08-8F62-7D195E0FAB06.jpeg

I'm curious, where did you put your skimmer at on the tank?  The second chamber?  I'm looking for a good skimmer for my IM 15 Cube.

1 hour ago, j.falk said:

I'm curious, where did you put your skimmer at on the tank?  The second chamber?  I'm looking for a good skimmer for my IM 15 Cube.

Yep I used the second chamber just after the filter sock. The bubble magus mini q works perfectly for this tank.

Spent some time recording some close up shots today. Made for a fun video.

I want a lid like yours for my tank.  I bought one of the mesh ones and I don't think it's going to cut it.  I need something that will keep the tank from evaporating gallons of water every week.

Also picked up the MiniQ skimmer.  Was curious...how long did it take yours to break in?

11 minutes ago, j.falk said:

I want a lid like yours for my tank.  I bought one of the mesh ones and I don't think it's going to cut it.  I need something that will keep the tank from evaporating gallons of water every week.

Also picked up the MiniQ skimmer.  Was curious...how long did it take yours to break in?

Took a while, but mostly because I didn’t have to low enough in the water lol 

26 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Took a while, but mostly because I didn’t have to low enough in the water lol 

Did you have any problems with micro bubbles when you first started it?  My last skimmer spit micro bubbles for two weeks before it finally broke in and worked right.