Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sharbuckles IM Fusion 15 Cube

Sharbuckle

Time for a water change! Noticed today the clowns are starting to get curious about the toadstool. It would be cool if they hosted it as I’m trying to avoid anemones in this tank.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, PJPS said:

My clowns host, anything that I stick in their corner.  GSP, goni, leather… if it is wavy, they dig it.

Haha that’s awesome! 

24 minutes ago, PJPS said:

My clowns host, anything that I stick in their corner.  GSP, goni, leather… if it is wavy, they dig it.

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

It is a good possibility. My clowns love the toadstool in their tank.

I’ve had some also host and some that won’t host a damn thing, fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Everything is quite happy after this mornings water change. Sort of letting the random strands of feather caulerpa float until they find their happy place. Will most likely regret later but oh well.

3B968958-B3A1-47DF-8CE8-C41421B3DD4B.jpeg

• Like 3

Mangroves aren’t doing all that well, probably because they’re not getting direct light. Going to have to fix that this week. 

All the corals are doing AMAZING however. Going to add a few inverts next week, a blood shrimp and maybe a porcelain crab.

FCF3960B-6BBF-42CD-B05A-E5FADD331557.jpeg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Was looking at the tank with mostly white light and realized how beautiful this rhodactis is! Wow, think I may lighten up on the blues.

0FA25F0C-3377-4F0C-8B84-7BADB829F527.jpeg

Do you run blues all 100?  I’m using some BRS (is the his messenger, there is No god but god) spectrum data and tuning down the royals,

i wonder how my coral wiil do, i’ll run their lates xr15 pro spectrum for months, unless it”s frying stuff.  Fair?

Looks amazing!!!!!  So how long were you absent from nano reef?  You sound like me when I finally got a tank again after a 3 year hiatus.  It feels so good to have a tank again after not having one for awhile!

Love the tank and the inhabitants!!!!  Especially that big green toad 🐸 💚

11 hours ago, PJPS said:

Do you run blues all 100?  I’m using some BRS (is the his messenger, there is No god but god) spectrum data and tuning down the royals,

i wonder how my coral wiil do, i’ll run their lates xr15 pro spectrum for months, unless it”s frying stuff.  Fair?

I generally run blues 100% and whites 60%. My fixture is just a cheap Amazon special so there’s not much room for messing with it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

Looks amazing!!!!!  So how long were you absent from nano reef?  You sound like me when I finally got a tank again after a 3 year hiatus.  It feels so good to have a tank again after not having one for awhile!

Love the tank and the inhabitants!!!!  Especially that big green toad 🐸 💚

Thanks gena! I suppose I havent been gone that long, but I haven’t posted all that regularly since early 2021. Only survived 4 months without a reef though lol! I can’t stay away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thanks gena! I suppose I havent been gone that long, but I haven’t posted all that regularly since early 2021. Only survived 4 months without a reef though lol! I can’t stay away. 

Haha 4 months!!!!  Sometimes circumstances are the deciding factor.  I probably could have only lasted 4 months too lol, but moving two times during my 3 year hiatus was the deciding factor 😊.

• Like 1
On 2/13/2023 at 8:08 PM, gena said:

Haha 4 months!!!!  Sometimes circumstances are the deciding factor.  I probably could have only lasted 4 months too lol, but moving two times during my 3 year hiatus was the deciding factor 😊.

Either way we’re both back at it with similar tanks and corals! Life couldn’t be better ❤️ 

Added two new zoanthid frags today from my pal reefyreef. 

773EEB56-E985-4584-99A5-3ED903775CE2.jpeg

• Like 2

Awesome!  Being on camera, getting your face out there, makes a huge difference!

ok this video is so timely for me.  I’ve been thinking about adding a protein skimmer.  Gonna check that one out. 

no ATO?  The trouble I may have is trying to squeeze a skimmer in because I have an ato float switch in the back chamber.

wish I knew about your light before I spent the money on my AI prime.  You’re right, unneeded. 

thanks for the video!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

Awesome!  Being on camera, getting your face out there, makes a huge difference!

ok this video is so timely for me.  I’ve been thinking about adding a protein skimmer.  Gonna check that one out. 

no ATO?  The trouble I may have is trying to squeeze a skimmer in because I have an ato float switch in the back chamber.

wish I knew about your light before I spent the money on my AI prime.  You’re right, unneeded. 

thanks for the video!!!!

Thanks for watching gena. That skimmer would be perfect for a 10g I think. I don’t see why you would have any trouble fitting it in there. 

as far as ATO I’m probably still going to add one of the new Kamoer ATO’s as they use two optical sensors and take up no room at all. 

AI primes are great lights too. I just really wanted this tank to be cheap and easy to show others it’s possible to have a beautiful nano without all the bells and whistles. 

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I recommend watching that video over on facebook. The nano group had a post that it fit right into.

Which video is that Deb? 

• Like 1