SaltCritters.com

Nano reef contest notification

seabass

I like where this is going.  How about two UNISEAL bulkheads with an acrylic tube going through the entire tank.  It could be like those walk through aquariums.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.4xgh-XM0n08oZ_2WURI7OQAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Except maybe for hamsters.

Hamster Tube Stock-Videos und B-Roll-Filmmaterial - Getty ...

In theory, you could have fish from another system swimming through the acrylic tube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 2
5 minutes ago, seabass said:

I like where this is going.  How about two UNISEAL bulkheads with an acrylic tube going through the entire tank.  It could be like those walk through aquariums.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.4xgh-XM0n08oZ_2WURI7OQAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Except maybe for hamsters.

Hamster Tube Stock-Videos und B-Roll-Filmmaterial - Getty ...

In theory, you could have fish from another system swimming through the acrylic tube.

just don’t drown the hammies! 🐹 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, FishI said:

OK what if you divided the 20 gallon long into 3 tanks and triple your entries!!!!! Is that allowed? 

Can you compete against yourself with more than one entry?  IDK, I suppose.  If they are different enough, maybe people would find it interesting.  They couldn't be connected in any way (so no shared sump or filtration).  Obviously, they could share lighting.

But remember, people can only vote for one entry per category.  So a vote for one, means the other(s) would not get any votes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, seabass said:

Can you compete against yourself with more than one entry?  IDK, I suppose.  If they are different enough, maybe people would find it interesting.  They couldn't be connected in any way (so no shared sump or filtration).  Obviously, they could share lighting.

But remember, people can only vote for one entry per category.  So a vote for one, means the other(s) would not get any votes.

Ha! So you are saying id be splitting the vote...... probably not a good idea. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For those trying to displace a little more water, you could seal some acrylic pillars into the bottom of the tank.  You could use them to hold something above, at, or just below the waterline (like a planter).

Actually, there are some really cool effects you can achieve with acrylic pillars (for example: floating live rock).

• Like 1

I think I am leaning towards an empty salt bucket I have and place it in the summerhouse, so top down view only. Reason being is that I can't find anything that would look good in the space I have in the kitchen.. 

Challenges ahead if I go with this....

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, seabass said:

How about two UNISEAL bulkheads with an acrylic tube going through the entire tank.

It'd make for a heck of a holder for a light saber, seeing it pierced through a reef tank.

Image result for star wars light saber
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Seriously?!?!? I had my main tank crash, got a new job, moved and have made a deal with the husband that I won't have a tank in the brand new house so I was just contemplating something for my new office and ran into this thread...a sign or something?!?!?!?!

Haven't been online in forever.  Hope you all are doing well!

Best,

Denise

• Like 8
NoOneLikesADryTang
3 hours ago, dmw913 said:

Seriously?!?!? I had my main tank crash, got a new job, moved and have made a deal with the husband that I won't have a tank in the brand new house so I was just contemplating something for my new office and ran into this thread...a sign or something?!?!?!?!

Best,

Denise

Definitely a sign, Denise! 😁

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dmw913 said:

Best,

Denise

image.gif.ab3508b234e2fdeca28216c2a377148b.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, dmw913 said:

Best,

Denise

It's not a sign..... It's a legal requirement 🧐

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Me making sure I don’t miss the official kickoff announcement from SeaBass.

:smilie:  While it's now technically 10/1/21 in my time zone, the contest thread (with secret item) won't be posted for about 7 hours (9 AM CDT).

I figured that if I gave you a clue, you'd just figure it out. :wink:  It's actually not that hard to guess.  Oops, I probably just said too much.  Good thing the contest starts today.  However, I'm not confirming or denying any guesses until then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, seabass said:

:smilie:  While it's now technically 10/1/21 in my time zone, the contest thread (with secret item) won't be posted for about 7 hours (9 AM CDT).

I figured that if I gave you a clue, you'd just figure it out. :wink:  It's actually not that hard to guess.  Oops, I probably just said too much.  Good thing the contest starts today.  However, I'm not confirming or denying any guesses until then.

Well i'm not taking any chances and robbing the office of any stationary items that could possibly be the secret item for the contest 

• Haha 5