inTank Media Baskets

Nano reef contest notification

seabass

The secret item being a coffee mug, or coffee cup, or tumbler:

mugsandcups.jpg.caa6c00ba5abecec9bae56e4199d2460.jpg

An entry photo MUST be posted in your contest tank journal, taken of your empty/dry tank or container, containing: a coffee mug, cup, or tumbler (for example: a novelty ceramic mug, travel mug, paper Starbucks to go cup, insulated cup, or tumbler).  Post of picture of your mug/cup/tumbler inside of your empty/dry tank or container; if it doesn't fit, post of pic of your mug/cup/tumbler in front of your empty/dry container.

thatd_be_great.jpg.d6ad99e74630280a18de574bc7d2c213.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

in regards to the template you made for the journals, is it a copy and paste job to get it across with all the images and placeholders etc?

I wish that I could create such an intricate template in a forum post.  However, it's more of an example where you replace the wording, and place markers for pics, and links with your own.

• Thanks 1

I just found out there are some cool gobies and blennies where we fish in The Chesapeake bay. I wish that I'd have found out about the cool critters sooner, a brackish setup with them would be cool..

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I wish that I'd have found out about the cool critters sooner, a brackish setup with them would be cool

I'd allow a brackish setup, just not freshwater.  It's not too late, Nov 30th is the cut off for a valid entry.

15 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'd allow a brackish setup, just not freshwater.  It's not too late, Nov 30th is the cut off for a valid entry.

The problem is they're all heading out to deeper waters now. The water in the bay has cooled almost 15 degrees and they're not easy to access. I'll be hunting them down this summer, we bought a place on The Eastern Shore of Md so I'll be able to poke around next summer.

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
On 10/2/2021 at 5:18 AM, seabass said:

Brackish? So like a figure 8 puffer setup, or maybe some bumblee bee gobies in a nano, or even a kitang is okay? 🤔

(No, not entering, just curious)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Brackish? So like a figure 8 puffer setup, or maybe some bumblee bee gobies in a nano, or even a kitang is okay? 🤔  (No, not entering, just curious)

Ultimately this is an office nano reef contest.  However, a FOWLR, or macroalgae, or another non-coral entry (like seagrass or a mangrove tree) will also be accepted.  Freshwater entries will NOT be permitted, but I'll allow a brackish tank (with one or more brackish fish that are suitable for a 5 to 9 gallon display).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

For anyone that likes debauchery and nonsense, feel free to follow along for my contest tank!

Ha! I love those cups 

• Like 2
On 9/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, PeterU said:

Obviously try at your own risk.

Tank, glass cutter, work gloves and safety goggles acquired.  Picking up blowtorch and silicon today. Planning on a peninsula lagoon. Will update.

Wish me luck!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
14 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

Tank, glass cutter, work gloves and safety goggles acquired.  Picking up blowtorch and silicon today. Planning on a peninsula lagoon. Will update.

Wish me luck!  

Good luck, i've always wanted a shallow tank and if this works, could be my answer

Epic fail!!!! My original score was wonky since I tried to follow the carpenter swuare and took my eye off the scoring tool. I rescored lower but it still failed. Not sure if the score wasn’t deep enough or too deep but it cracked all over the place with enough deviation the trim wouldn’t have sit level and hid/covered the exposed glass. Back to the drawing board. I may buy a second 10 gallon and just completely disassemble it or just stick with a 5.5 gallon standard. 

C0BFDC20-97E8-486D-8286-8613E69C733F.jpeg

735BA003-670A-4BA2-9722-98121D54AC4A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
53 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

Epic fail!!!! My original score was wonky since I tried to follow the carpenter swuare and took my eye off the scoring tool. I rescored lower but it still failed. Not sure if the score wasn’t deep enough or too deep but it cracked all over the place with enough deviation the trim wouldn’t have sit level and hid/covered the exposed glass. Back to the drawing board. I may buy a second 10 gallon and just completely disassemble it or just stick with a 5.5 gallon standard. 

C0BFDC20-97E8-486D-8286-8613E69C733F.jpeg

735BA003-670A-4BA2-9722-98121D54AC4A.jpeg

Fair play for going for it though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Fair play for going for it though.

After dollar per gallon sale and rewards it only cost $5. So worth the experiment. Definitely would not recommend though. Way too many variables out of your control when it’s siliconed. No way to tell exactly where the heat will cause the glass to stress. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

After dollar per gallon sale and rewards it only cost $5. So worth the experiment. Definitely would not recommend though. Way too many variables out of your control when it’s siliconed. No way to tell exactly where the heat will cause the glass to stress. 

Is that sale happening right now?

• 1 month later...