• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• William

• ef4life

• Pjanssen

• Matteo

This tank is going to be really cool once you get your eel in there. I’ve always thought eels were cool and I would like to getone myself, but then reality kicks in and I remember I dislike snakes and eels remind me of snakes too much for me to actually buy one.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, ef4life said:

This tank is going to be really cool once you get your eel in there. I’ve always thought eels were cool and I would like to getone myself, but then reality kicks in and I remember I dislike snakes and eels remind me of snakes too much for me to actually buy one.

I already have one eel in it already (golden dwarf moray eel). But yes, it will be great when I get the other one in it. 

• Like 3

Tank is looking nice! I originally planned to make my waterbox a dwarf lionfish tank after seeing FeliciaLynns 40 breeder.  Now I have no clue. Still early in the build tho. 

Stinks about the shipment. Good thing they are aware about it and already showing that they will work it out if theres an issue. 

• Like 1

I will have the following fish additions coming tomorrow and next week.

• Antennata Lionfish 
  • Snowflake Eel 
  • Small Foxface Rabbitfish
  • Small Biota captive raised yellow tang 

please don’t call the Tang police, I’m well aware of the size it gets and have a plan for it when it out grows the tank 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Tank is looking nice! I originally planned to make my waterbox a dwarf lionfish tank after seeing FeliciaLynns 40 breeder.  Now I have no clue. Still early in the build tho. 

Stinks about the shipment. Good thing they are aware about it and already showing that they will work it out if theres an issue. 

Her tank was an inspiration for my Red Sea Reefer Nano, and is an inspiration for my current one. 

5 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

You are building my dream tank. Thanks

I’m trying to do it right, I wish I could have gone for a larger aquarium, but this is going to be a fun build. 

• Like 2

I also went ahead and bought another Reef LED 90 while they were on sale. I will probably mount both and cut the intensity on each. This really wasn’t needed, but I’m going to try and go heavier on SPS, and I think the added light will help with possible shading. 

• Like 4

Shipment update: 

foxface: Dead on arrival 

my friend also bought some stuff in the same order and the two bubble tip anemones he ordered were DOA

• Sad 7

My friend Michael’s IM14, the long tentacle and clownfish are doing well in it. His tank has been set up for about a month with only Dragons Breath macro algae in it 

E74F948D-2256-43BD-B162-5E42597DAD9E.jpeg

• Like 2
12 hours ago, William said:

My friend Michael’s IM14, the long tentacle and clownfish are doing well in it. His tank has been set up for about a month with only Dragons Breath macro algae in it 

E74F948D-2256-43BD-B162-5E42597DAD9E.jpeg

Nice. He should have his own thread 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here are some updates picture, no filter at all, just whites at 100, blues at 40. I normally run my lights 2:1 blue to white, but the above mix works best for my iPhone 11. 

B171A817-E117-484F-AE28-72BE122A6525.jpeg

DB9EB0D6-95CF-415C-B280-AB031DB318FB.jpeg

B6D80F67-ABE2-467C-AB2B-2E727AC4AD69.jpeg

A7F715B3-17D4-4CB7-8AF0-D2E7726E3450.jpeg

B8AE9612-5F5E-4CD0-804B-3A090DF61FF7.jpeg

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I see the lion fish arrived alive. What about the eel? And what’s going on with the birds nest? Seems like it’s all coming along nicely. I’m sure you’ll manage the diatoms just fine

The eel is alive and well 

4 hours ago, William said:

Stopped by my LFS (Manhattan Aquariums) for their 40% off sale....

my partner told me I need to slow down. 

What did you get?👀

• Like 1