Cultivated Reef

9 hours ago, William said:

Why did you stop using it? 

I wasn't terribly concerned with nutrient reduction, and wanted to minimize the number of stuff in my sump lol.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• William

• ef4life

• Pjanssen

• Matteo

I went ahead and added a DIY Kalk reactor, which doses 220ml of saturated solution from the hours of 1am to 11am. It seems to

be working fairly well, as my nightly Ph drop has been significantly blunted. My all and Ca are also stable. 

• Like 1

So I have set up my new lights. I will test it for a few days before I make my final verdict. I am so far very happy with the Greater color rendition and lower light spill. However there are corners of the tank that are shadowed that we’re not under the two Red Sea reef LED 90s. 

AC621627-AD1E-40E3-81E5-17141771CFA2.png

09A28881-374F-4785-9D0E-EB373CF6D0D7.jpeg

• Like 1

BRS par meter will be here next week.

will post par specs of the new light then. Will also run par numbers on my mantis nano

• 2 weeks later...

Jsut went to Manhattan Aquariums, they had another browned out acro colony (5”x7”) for $40 so I picked it up. They also sold me an orange BTA (not sure what type) for $75 (the guy was new). 

• Wow 1

I may end up fragging this up as I don’t think I have room for the whole colony, still can’t believe they sold me this for $40

BB25272F-A75A-4337-BB6D-B5DDD9DA4FF1.jpeg

0C7EDC7F-14FD-4DEA-9C5D-167543D1E65B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

The anemone is still pretty pissed off... I may end up putting this in the mantis Nano, but for now it will stay in the anemone  box in the main tank. 

54E89736-B1E9-4EEE-ACBE-84656506FEED.jpeg

122E0719-B5E9-4409-87D1-98A1688E157E.jpeg

4C57439D-FA4A-4CC1-834B-31BE319EBC2F.jpeg

• Like 2
coryscritch
58 minutes ago, William said:

The anemone is still pretty pissed off... I may end up putting this in the mantis Nano, but for now it will stay in the anemone  box in the main tank. 

54E89736-B1E9-4EEE-ACBE-84656506FEED.jpeg

122E0719-B5E9-4409-87D1-98A1688E157E.jpeg

4C57439D-FA4A-4CC1-834B-31BE319EBC2F.jpeg

Looks awesome! I would buy a piece, I’m local 

That's a nice mariculture acro! Looks like a millepora. I'd recommend keeping it for a couple months and making sure it grows & has good PE before fragging it. Mariculture/Aquacultured milles can be touchy at times.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

That's a nice mariculture acro! Looks like a millepora. I'd recommend keeping it for a couple months and making sure it grows & has good PE before fragging it. Mariculture/Aquacultured milles can be touchy at times.

Thanks, and I agree, the only issue is that I’m not sure I have room for it, and I dont

want to leave it on the

bottom of my tank 

• 1 month later...

Everything is going well, even with me going out of town for 15 days.  I did pick up a CSB a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be doing well after wandering for a bit .

931BF309-B580-45E8-9088-8370F7CF0E67.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I also got a notification from live aquaria that they have a Mombasa lionfish in stock, so I went ahead and ordered it. It will be here on Tuesday 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, William said:

I also got a notification from live aquaria that they have a Mombasa lionfish in stock, so I went ahead and ordered it. It will be here on Tuesday 

Dope dude. 

On 7/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, Matteo said:

Dope dude. 

Well I got an email from live aquaria that it didn’t ship..... not sure what happened. 

• Sad 3
21 minutes ago, William said:

Well I got an email from live aquaria that it didn’t ship..... not sure what happened. 

That seems to have happened to several people last week....

27 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

That seems to have happened to several people last week....

Yea, i was pretty upset about it, the fish was supposed to ship out yesterday and I did not get an email about it until today. When i called, they just said that the fish was unavailable ..... 

• 3 months later...

The tank has had a troubled couple of weeks, my trident was poorly calibrated and read my CA as 300 when it was 600, so I way overdosed my Ca  and killed most of my SPS. 

• Sad 3