inTank Media Baskets

Official Lifegard Aquatics Crystal (AIO) Aquarium Club!!

ReefahBarra84

Guess I need to do a water change! Ammonia is at zero now but NO3 is at 100 plus. No Nitrite tests and I don't want to buy an API master test kit just for the Nitrite test. On a side note the water is back to crystal clear again.

image.thumb.jpg.4bea63e3fcf2496bdf107cdcb41d0a3b.jpg3CAB3D3D-79E7-449E-9751-42F607453589.thumb.jpeg.45d4a99426753c3e3e199d7e0550fd51.jpeg

• Like 1

Got a question for y'all. Are you testing the majors Ca. Mg. and Alk in your tanks? How often? Correct me if I am wrong here but if we are doing 50% water changes weekly with a quality salt that has the parameters that we want testing should be a moot point. Not trying to get out of testing the water but if, we are religious about the water changes with quality salt then everything should be stable without testing.

Daniel92481
3 hours ago, dwdenny said:

Got a question for y'all. Are you testing the majors Ca. Mg. and Alk in your tanks? How often? Correct me if I am wrong here but if we are doing 50% water changes weekly with a quality salt that has the parameters that we want testing should be a moot point. Not trying to get out of testing the water but if, we are religious about the water changes with quality salt then everything should be stable without testing.

I would say it is important to start off testing for the first 3 months or so, testing ALK, phosphates, nitrates, Mg, and Ca to make sure your levels are in the range for the types of corals you want to keep. I usually test major parameters once a week, or two.  Salinity/temp daily. I feel like the benefit of testing is that it really keeps you in tune with your tank/feeding habits/nutrient export methods. After about 3 months, you should feel a rhythm with how things are going and can afford to cut down testing to once or twice per month.

Th am you very much RDA the basket is awesome. Arrived a day early as well. well packaged so it didn’t break cause we all the postal service is gentle with our items. And fits like a glove. Now time to get some items in there to cut these nitrates down a little. Also received the hydor 260 fit perfectly as well. Have it going full tilt and the back chambers are keeping up. Might have to slow it down when I fill up this basket though. Thanks again RDA it’s perfect. 

3B276E8A-3A7E-4C1E-A1E7-4735C3B8513B.thumb.jpeg.625cbabdba1d0ba72080d8eece542b1d.jpeg2A69DD85-6D05-4543-9A7B-834D7FD727EA.thumb.jpeg.f481fbc20149a1345f6ccfe80b4cc05b.jpeg747CD670-9ABF-4781-9FC5-2B86BB69A135.thumb.jpeg.3ecd43b858f969a08904376cc34c1df5.jpeg

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
Daniel92481

Keep it minimal! Like you mentioned before, most of the trace elements and export are done with water changes. I would start with some filter floss and maybe some carbon. 

• Like 2

This is my Lifegard aquatics 24G. Some corals are not open because I took these pics early in morning before light schedules to come on. 

- Skimmer

- Jebao slw20 Powerhead

- Filter floss

- heater

- Jebao doser 

- ATO

- HD prime light

Livestock

- 2 clowns

- 1 Bangai Cardinal

- 1 Royal Gramma

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.30.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.31.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.31.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.31.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.37.29 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
Kraken Reef
On 2/11/2021 at 8:59 AM, DaveDe said:

Lid/cover for the 14.26 - has anyone found one or made one yet? Thinking of adding a dartfish so it would be wise for me to have one. 

We have them.

Retrograde_i486

Hope I'm allowed to post on this site since I don't have a salt water tank! I picked up my 24 gallon Lifegard aquarium on Sunday and have started the cycle process. So far the tank is great except for one thing. The OEM pump that comes with this thing SUCKS (Quiet One 800). And not in a good way lol. It is super loud to the point of obnoxiousness and the name is just the worst they could have called this thing. My local store where I purchased it is researching some other options and I am as well. My biggest problem is that the chamber the pump goes in is not very big (~4.5 inches by ~2.6) so it's limited my options. I've got one coming from Amazon tomorrow (Boxtech Submersible Water Pump, Fountain Pump, Ultra Quiet Water Pump for Fish Tank, Aquarium, Pond, Fountain, Hydroponics and Statuary(265 GHP, 25W) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JB8Z7QF/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to see if I can get this thing any quieter and will report back with the results. If anyone has this tank and has found a pump they're happy with I'm all ears.

PXL_20210309_190656904.jpg

PXL_20210309_190712799.jpg

PXL_20210309_190802755.jpg

PXL_20210309_191002525.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 10:11 PM, ReefahBarra84 said:

Keep it Alive! Let's do something fun! 

Competition time? Open to suggestions! 

That'd be fun.  I have my decommissioned tank sitting empty just waiting for a fun idea to pop in my head.  

• Like 1

Ok been out for work this past week so finally got a chance to check parameters. Still nothing in the tank but I am trying to find a chunk or a couple of pieces of liverock to redo the aquascape. I like the stax rocks but in such a small tank they don't look natural. LFS doesn't have cured liverock only dry Marco rock so I might have to order online or possibly when I'm in San Antonio week after next I can possibly stop and get some then and just keep it in a bucket with water and a small pump. Any way here at this week parameters

Ammonia 0
Nitrates between 2-5
Alk 9.3
Mag 1410
Cal 300
pH 8.2
Salinity 35ppt

Little confused on the calcium dropping since there is nothing in the tank to use it up. Only explanation that I can think of is precipitation but I don't have any buildup on the glass or in any of the chambers.
  • Like 1
Daniel92481

Could be testing error. Try testing again with some freshly mixed water to compare. Try the caribsea life rock if you can find some. Looks nice and easy to bust down into smaller chunks.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Daniel92481 said:

Could be testing error. Try testing again with some freshly mixed water to compare. Try the caribsea life rock if you can find some. Looks nice and easy to bust down into smaller chunks.

Man I am a weakling... I love Liferock but I feel like I need a jackhammer to break it. 😂

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Daniel92481 said:

I am looking for cured rock so it’s ready to go. I can order 4 pounds from pacific east aquaculture but dang the shipping is the killer. 

• Like 1
Daniel92481
1 hour ago, banasophia said:

Man I am a weakling... I love Liferock but I feel like I need a jackhammer to break it. 😂

Haha I think I just heard a jackhammer start up! 

• Haha 3
56 minutes ago, Daniel92481 said:

I really like the life rock. It’s already purple and loaded with bacteria. Works great on start ups. I would do it! 

Just bought 6lbs will use what I need and I guess sell or store the rest. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel92481 said:

Yes it could be will retest tomorrow morning still considering a switch to aquaforest as I can get it locally or if I decide to order online the Red Sea just don’t want to dose anything is all and the aquaforest reef salt has the elevated Ca and Mg along with 8.2-8.9 Alk. 

• Like 1