Top Shelf Aquatics

Official Lifegard Aquatics Crystal (AIO) Aquarium Club!!

ReefahBarra84

Took a picture of the tank with lights on for just second. Going to put in a raw shrimp for three days then add half bottle of Bio-Spira. Trying to find a piece of cycle livestock to add as well. Still going to rearrange the rock work 

495AE424-9748-4B2F-BEE3-F7664A062801.jpeg

• Like 2
The Rainy Day Aquarium
5 hours ago, Daniel92481 said:

So cool RDA! Is that your new 1.2 pico? That basket has to be so tiny! Haha

Thank you! This one is actually an "updated" version of the 4.1 media basket. I REALLY want to put a basket in the 1.2, but it's just too cramped with everything in one chamber 😞

• Like 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
24 minutes ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

You're making them for us,  more mainstream  now?

I think I have a solid media basket design now, so if anyone is looking for one....😁 

Fingers crossed I can get a laser cutter here soon, then we'll be off to the races 🏁

• Like 1
ReefahBarra84
2 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

I think I have a solid media basket design now, so if anyone is looking for one....😁 

Fingers crossed I can get a laser cutter here soon, then we'll be off to the races 🏁

That's awesome! Well, I'm gonna need one for my 14.26 peninsula 🤣

• Like 1
Daniel92481
3 hours ago, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Dude, they’re top notch quality. Mine has been flawless. And that’s version 1! You’re the man RDA!👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RDA just finished mine can't wait to get it. I have a lot of rubble for an old tank that I have been hoarding and my wife has been trying to throw away lol. It would also make great plugs for fragging when I get to that pint as well.

• Like 2

Debating about an upgrade for the 14.26G return pump. The stock pump pushes 159 gallons per hour while the Sicce 1.0 is at 251 gph. Might be a tight fit though. Has anyone upgraded? Recommendations? 

5 hours ago, DaveDe said:

Debating about an upgrade for the 14.26G return pump. The stock pump pushes 159 gallons per hour while the Sicce 1.0 is at 251 gph. Might be a tight fit though. Has anyone upgraded? Recommendations? 

Not sure which pump mine has in it. All day sunday it was quiet couldn't even hear it over the TV. This morning its rattling not bad but just a hum that is a tad annoying. So i went onto Amazon and bought the Hydor Pico Evolution 260. I know it will fit from Gravity's post about the chamber sizes and its adjustable nearly 0-260gph. we will see come saturday when it arrives. Will use the stock pump to mix salt.

Daniel92481
5 minutes ago, dwdenny said:

Not sure which pump mine has in it. All day sunday it was quiet couldn't even hear it over the TV. This morning its rattling not bad but just a hum that is a tad annoying. So i went onto Amazon and bought the Hydor Pico Evolution 260. I know it will fit from Gravity's post about the chamber sizes and its adjustable nearly 0-260gph. we will see come saturday when it arrives. Will use the stock pump to mix salt.

That’s a great idea with the stock pump. The 4.1 comes stock with the Quiet one 200 making 87gph. I upgraded to the Quiet one 400, same size, but produces 103gph. Not much of a difference. I had to install it because my 200 burnt out during the Texas freeze. After realizing the sub par quality of the quiet one pumps, I went ahead and ordered the Sicce micra plus for it, producing 159gph. I plan to install it soon. I think it’s neat that some of us have different pumps running our setups. The Newa 606 is another option that would be perfect for this tank. 

• Like 1

I did look at both of those the Sicce and Newa pumps. Heck I still have a 22 year old Maxijet that runs like a champ and I have an extra impeller for it hahahaha.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
On 2/25/2021 at 2:24 PM, TatorTaco said:

@itsamaybe do you have a build thread?  I really like that aquscape and would like to see more of your tank. 

The tank in the post I made isn't mine. I was just asking about the random flow generator. You'll have to ask @shaner014 about the build thread.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone ever moved a tank half way across the country? I have a 7.4g that will be going from NY to TX. Realistically it should take about 2 days. I'm thinking if I put everything in a 5 gallon bucket w a pump and a heater everything should be fine, albeit if a little stressed. The mangroves will remain in the tank w the sand and a little bit of water. 

Any thoughts/advice? What could go wrong? 

IMG_1200.png

First off welcome to Texas Mitch. I think if you can get a 12v to 120 converter and able to run the pumps and heats you should be fine. Think I would go with a rubber made tub rather than a bucket personally. I picked up a 400w converter at Walmart for like 20 bucks and it works great. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

This is sick.  Straight up!

Cant wait to get mine should be here Saturday according the tracking.  Won’t put anything in right off as I am still cycling but I really can’t wait to see it in person. 

• Like 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
On 2/28/2021 at 5:45 PM, ReefahBarra84 said:

That's awesome! Well, I'm gonna need one for my 14.26 peninsula 🤣

Let me know if you want one 😁 (all the cool kids are doing it 😂)

• Haha 2

Supposed to have my inkbird on Saturday. Right now I have my thermometer probe in the overflow chamber and it is working great but with basket the RDA made me don't think I can squeeze the inkbird probe in there as well. Would it be fine in the return chamber?

Daniel92481
1 hour ago, dwdenny said:

Supposed to have my inkbird on Saturday. Right now I have my thermometer probe in the overflow chamber and it is working great but with basket the RDA made me don't think I can squeeze the inkbird probe in there as well. Would it be fine in the return chamber?

Yea, you’ll be good. You should do an unboxing video of the basket when you get it! I wish I would have done one looking back. You will be amazed when you open it.🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1