ReefCleaners.org

Official Lifegard Aquatics Crystal (AIO) Aquarium Club!!

ReefahBarra84

Tank and light came in today yeah!!!!! And it wasn't cracked. I have the crushed coral, rigid light bracket, and salt. Just waiting on the stax rocks and when I get back next Thursday from work travel I will start setting it up to get it cycling. Going to get some microbacter 7 to jump start the cycle and a small piece of live rock from the LFS as well.

AIPrime.jpg

LifeGard4.1.jpeg

• Like 3

Celebrating 2 weeks. Doing great. 
the clown will go into the bigger tank once it grows some. 
I’m looking to add something on the right, with some movement. Any thoughts?  

this was just after a water change (1gal). So everything is angry at me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
The Rainy Day Aquarium
3 hours ago, manda12981 said:

Celebrating 2 weeks. Doing great. 
the clown will go into the bigger tank once it grows some. 
I’m looking to add something on the right, with some movement. Any thoughts?  

this was just after a water change (1gal). So everything is angry at me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like this.

I miss my baby clowns in my 4.1, haha but they do grow fast!

My 14.2 is up and running. Transfered rock from my 5 gallon so it looks lost in there. Added a Royal Gamma, a Mocha ocellaris Clownfish, a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and a Rock Flower Anenome. Two left over scarlet hermit crabs. I need my coral to take off now but with the recent addition of a Kessil A160we Tuna Blue i think that wont be a problem.

20210213_183533_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

question for the those with the 4.1 looking for a nightstand preferably with a cabinet to put this little tank on I guestimated about 50 pounds total weight when full. Was thinking a nightstand would work perfectly but what do you think?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dwdenny said:

question for the those with the 4.1 looking for a nightstand preferably with a cabinet to put this little tank on I guestimated about 50 pounds total weight when full. Was thinking a nightstand would work perfectly but what do you think?

Perfect idea. I have mine on a small end table that I was able to refinish. Cool options at Hobby Lobby for small tables and such. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dwdenny said:

Night stand or diy.  I made a pedestal for my 14.26 last month using 2 X 3's and a handsaw. Made it to exactly the height I wanted it etc. The biggest drawback to a nightstand in my opinion is that they are low, usually 26-30 inches off the ground. My diy I built was at 40". 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, DaveDe said:

Night stand or diy.  I made a pedestal for my 14.26 last month using 2 X 3's and a handsaw. Made it to exactly the height I wanted it etc. The biggest drawback to a nightstand in my opinion is that they are low, usually 26-30 inches off the ground. My diy I built was at 40". 

Mine will be between the couch and the chair I sit in so if it 24"-30" that would be about right and the light wont be so blinding when you look at it I hope.

9 minutes ago, dwdenny said:

Mine will be between the couch and the chair I sit in so if it 24"-30" that would be about right and the light wont be so blinding when you look at it I hope.

That makes sense. Makes things a lot easier. FB marketplace and other places have lots of options for night stands, etc. 

• Like 1

Was looking at something like this says top can hold up to 66 pounds and cabinet inside 25 pounds( for ATO tank).  With have to put a good coat of clear coat protectant on it as well. Amazon has it for $69 bucks

nightstand.jpg

1 hour ago, Dpatron1977 said:

My 10g is sitting  arround that high.....I wish now it was higher. Even sitting it seems low🤔

Ugh now you have me thinking hahahaha. Saw a Pemberton stand on wayfair that sits 28.75" high versus 24". at about the same price.

Edit: Boss lady likes the other one better matches our furniture better. If momma ain't happy nobody's happy.

Pemberton+Rectangle+Aquarium+Stand.jpg

Edited by dwdenny
additional information.
  • Like 1

Yeah the other end table is nicer! I agree with the happy Wife. Mine has commented that it needs to be higher as well I say set up some boxes with the tank and light. Adjust till happy and take a measurement.

• Like 1
On 1/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, shaner014 said:

Just getting started with my 3.8. Cycled for 2 months.

NanoBox Mini Tide

Duetto ATO

Stock return, RFG output

Hygger Mini wavemaker 

35419FD1-4118-4F53-BADA-88A9E4AE6207.thumb.jpeg.a2749671e42dc0065cdbb0cc26f5127d.jpeg

63F04903-A5B4-4669-9B29-8EE909C0ACD1.thumb.jpeg.3cb812e4e2c9e5e6b959acb7150a0a08.jpeg

Tank looks awesome! How does the RFG work on this tank? 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
9 hours ago, itsamaybe said:

Tank looks awesome! How does the RFG work on this tank? 

Thanks!

it seems to be working well enough, I did supplement flow with the hygger mini wavemaker now. I have the water level set so the RFG just draws a bubble or two every few minutes which in my head helps keep the surface cleaner and helps oxygenate the water by keeping it moving. If the stock pump was upgraded it would likely do even more. 

I’m happy with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, shaner014 said:

Just getting started with my 3.8. Cycled for 2 months.

NanoBox Mini Tide

Duetto ATO

Stock return, RFG output

Hygger Mini wavemaker 

35419FD1-4118-4F53-BADA-88A9E4AE6207.thumb.jpeg.a2749671e42dc0065cdbb0cc26f5127d.jpeg

63F04903-A5B4-4669-9B29-8EE909C0ACD1.thumb.jpeg.3cb812e4e2c9e5e6b959acb7150a0a08.jpeg

Awesome looking tank

• Thanks 1
On 2/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, dwdenny said:

Was looking at something like this says top can hold up to 66 pounds and cabinet inside 25 pounds( for ATO tank).  With have to put a good coat of clear coat protectant on it as well. Amazon has it for $69 bucks

nightstand.jpg

Have the Amazon link?