Cultivated Reef

1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Totally! I just buy ro water for ato and simply dose with my stuff and so far so good! Just checked the fuge and there's like no cheato 👀 not sure why. 

Guess I gotta re-up!

I basically use the same. Carbon and phosguard (occasionally) I also run purigen love that stuff. 

I was just thinking I need to get a huge wad of chaeto ☹️ Today is testing day and my phosphates are no bueno. I quit using purigen a year ago because I was always afraid my regenerating skills weren’t good and I was killing my corals. I try using more bacteria, stirring sand and basting rocks. Plus I let the nitrates hang out higher than most.

• Like 1
On 12/29/2020 at 10:52 PM, Matteo said:

Latest additions. I think the torch has a lot of potential to color up.

IMG_20201228_154527_511.jpg

IMG_20201228_154719_728.jpg

What do you use for photography? DSLR and or phone and lens kit?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Skittles Torch again

InShot_20210117_093652237.jpg

Really cool colors on that one, like the peach-tips, but with purple-blue tentacles and way more color variation on the tips, what an awesome torch.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

Really cool colors on that one, like the peach-tips, but with purple-blue tentacles and way more color variation on the tips, what an awesome torch.

Basically why I liked it! 

1 minute ago, Matteo said:

Indo Hellfire. Purple and gold tenticals with green mouths 

Hmmm. I’ll have to look again but I swear that’s exactly what mine looks like. Maybe it was mislabeled when I bought it. 

10 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Hmmm. I’ll have to look again but I swear that’s exactly what mine looks like. Maybe it was mislabeled when I bought it. 

Aussies and indos are very different. I don't think aussie golds have green mouths either. 

3 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Aussies and indos are very different. I don't think aussie golds have green mouths either. 

I guess it’s just an Aussie gold. Looked back and it has a purple/gold mouth. Rarely seen unless I climb on a ladder. 

• Haha 1
On 1/17/2021 at 9:57 PM, Matteo said:

InShot_20210117_143925416.jpg

InShot_20210117_185640443.jpg

InShot_20210117_185812774.jpg

InShot_20210117_185950521.jpg

The top two look like they have good potentials.  with all the hypes around all the gold variants, I think that solid neon green is way better than some of the low-grade gold....

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

The top two look like they have good potentials.  with all the hypes around all the gold variants, I think that solid neon green is way better than some of the low-grade gold....

I do love the neon green as well!

• Like 1

Same it’s so eye catching. I’m eyeballing one of those and a hellfire as my next two torches. I’m hoping to add two more clowns to my harem and want to make sure they have plenty of coral to play in. But that it’s gorgeous too! 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Absolutely Stunning. Why would you frag it? (unless it's to send me a couple of heads! :flower:)

Frag to make money to buy more frags of course haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...