Pod Your Reef

20 minutes ago, I'm Batman said:

What photo gear captures that? If yellow filter what brand?

Lumix GX85 shot in manual mode with a custom white balance setting. No filters or anything 

1 minute ago, I'm Batman said:

Nice.. I have a Panasonic, I’ll have to work on the white balance. Are you zeroing in with printer paper for your calibration?

Nah nothing fancy like that. Just set up the white balance adjusted to the particular tank I'm shooting. For example I have different custom presets I use for my FW tanks. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Any concern regarding the toadstool growing and then shadowing out the corals below it?  I'd like to put one in my tank but I'm concerned it'll shade out too much in less than 6 months. 

30 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Any concern regarding the toadstool growing and then shadowing out the corals below it?  I'd like to put one in my tank but I'm concerned it'll shade out too much in less than 6 months. 

Not really. It's above my nem garden. Once it gets too big its really easy to pluck from where it's mounted. Might be happening soon anyway as I maybe want to add more torches there 

6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

r u becoming a torch name expert yet?  cuz they're confusing the hell out of me.  

Working on it! Names are slippery slopes! 

• Haha 1

Picked up another torch today! Last torch on the list is an Aussie Gold (used to have one, sold it, regret it you get the story) 

Anyway this one has some potential! 

IMG_20201219_132052_493.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Swapped a blue + out for an actinic bulb. I feel like I was lacking some uv pop and the it was a smidge too blue for me so now it's perfect. Combo goes B+, Act, C+, B+ and of course my two led strips attached (thinking of upgrading those soon..) 

Another fun fact well not so fun is my harliquins released fry last night. Unfortunately all my Corals were super open and my cleaner was going crazy so I doubt I'll have any survivors 😬

Will get a nice FTS posted later! 

• Like 4