Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

37 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I'm curious, what settings did you end up settling on for your kps duo? If I recall correctly did you just throw them on the 200L sps preset or did you end up making your own all-wave program, as I recall you were a fan of that mode lol.

I have one on 100L and the other on 200L SPS preset.  I initially had both on 200L, but reduced one when I added the clowns.   But I am tempted to beef up the wave modes b/c I like that mode the best.  Just gotta remember how to work the app (I have a terrible time with it).  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

I have one on 100L and the other on 200L SPS preset.  I initially had both on 200L, but reduced one when I added the clowns.   But I am tempted to beef up the wave modes b/c I like that mode the best.  Just gotta remember how to work the app (I have a terrible time with it).  

It is pretty awkward, their presets are really awkward too lol. I'm amazed your animals put up with that much flow though, that's pretty remarkable, I guess most just blows around the rockwork and the livestock is concentrated around the island?

8 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

It is pretty awkward, their presets are really awkward too lol. I'm amazed your animals put up with that much flow though, that's pretty remarkable, I guess most just blows around the rockwork and the livestock is concentrated around the island?

Totally awkward.  Really hate the app.  I was actually thinking about bumping both up to 200l recently . But if you recall, I had one of the Aqamais in my pico.  😄

Things seem fine, but yeah I don't really have low flow areas and a baby OG bounce mushroom did float away to who knows where.  😢

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Find your way again. Trim the fields. Mow the desert. 

put those ceramic squash in your tank and go pumpkin patch themed. 

Pumpkin patch theme.  🤔  Sounds so weird that I might have to do it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Halloween!!

IMG_20191031_054605_709.thumb.jpg.725a18999111d635aeb634b19a5fbe2a.jpg

Also does anyone else think my fungia plates look out of place in this tank?  Or if you have a suggestion on where to place them in here, I'm all ears.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Jim_i said:

It sure does seem to be bothering you.  What's up with that?

I demand perfection damnit!  Lol.  I dunno, just can't seem to get them to feel fully integrated with the rest of the tank. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Put it in the back, behind the rock, and let it live it's life away from your judging eyes! 

LOL.  I already have like 3 frags back there away from my "judging eyes".

40 minutes ago, caas1496 said:

I think the solution is even more of them! A fungia garden

That could be a solution.  Repeating pattern of red and orange.  I just need to win the lottery now.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would be more than happy to relieve you of it as an act of charity if need be, it is very bright though... Why not try putting it near the rock-overhang and the branching gsp? Could also work well underneath the duncans, to the left of the alveopora. Fungia are so difficult since you can't plop them onto rockwork like litho's or chalices...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  I already have like 3 frags back there away from my "judging eyes".

That could be a solution.  Repeating pattern of red and orange.  I just need to win the lottery now.  

Add more orange and call it the pumpkin patch 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ooh, Bryothamnion! That's a good one. It's super hardy, but prone to being covered in epiphytes. If too much hair algae starts to grow on it you can put it in a dark area (like your rear chambers) for a couple of days to kill off the pests that grow on it.

Can't wait to see them in the tank! 😊

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Ooh, Bryothamnion! That's a good one. It's super hardy, but prone to being covered in epiphytes. If too much hair algae starts to grow on it you can put it in a dark area (like your rear chambers) for a couple of days to kill off the pests that grow on it.

Can't wait to see them in the tank! 😊

The Bryothamnion is very cool!  Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 2
On 11/4/2019 at 3:48 AM, Ratvan said:

Found something else Cactus related the prickly pear Macro Algae - Halimeda Opuntia

https://www.marinelifephotography.com/marine/seaweeds/halimeda-opuntia.htm

Oooh.  Very nice.

Unfortunately, none of the new macroalgae look that great.  For whatever reason shipping took extra long and the box was all beat up, so things started to decline.  Thanks, USPS!  Hopefully some will pull through tho.

• Sad 2
40 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

@Tibgahboy
Damn, congrats man that's awesome!

16 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

oh wow, that's awesome man:happydance:

Thanks!  I was pretty stoked when they reached out to me.  My job is done, I can finally take this tank down now.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6