Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks!  I was pretty stoked when they reached out to me.  My job is done, I can finally take this tank down now.  LOL.

only downhill from here...take the tank down while it's famous !!!

But really, congrats!  it's been a fun tank to watch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

only downhill from here...take the tank down while it's famous !!!

My thoughts exactly!  Goodbye, 20g!  I can take it down when I take down my volcano pico after the voting is done for that.    

57 minutes ago, Jim_i said:

At least they used the older pic.  Now you don't have to stress about the fungia!  😛

I offered a more recent one with the aqua blue backlighting, but they wanted pink.  So I had to dig further back to the pre-fungia days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 11/2/2019 at 3:01 AM, Tigahboy said:

Another Reefcleaners order!  Thanks, @johnmaloney!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a72cef6f73776f2bIMG_20191101_195701_745.thumb.jpg.db3f1a1764cff5ea38564d65ede6fa56.jpg

Oh that is some nice algae, love the shaving brushes

17 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Oooh.  Very nice.

Unfortunately, none of the new macroalgae look that great.  For whatever reason shipping took extra long and the box was all beat up, so things started to decline.  Thanks, USPS!  Hopefully some will pull through tho.

I've had mine delayed 2 days with no heat pack in 30F weather. Looked crap for a few days but have pulled through now. 

How are the Fungia's getting on? Mine has caused no amount of amusement lately squishing Leather Corals on the sandbed 🙄

3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Congratulations! World Wide Fame and Recognition. 

Thank you!  :smilie:

4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Oh that is some nice algae, love the shaving brushes

I've had mine delayed 2 days with no heat pack in 30F weather. Looked crap for a few days but have pulled through now. 

How are the Fungia's getting on? Mine has caused no amount of amusement lately squishing Leather Corals on the sandbed 🙄

Fungia are fine.  The red one seems to move about a little.  My cactus caulerpa looks almost all gone and the shaving brush are turning more and more white.  So we shall see.

• Like 1

Y'all think I'm joking, but I may actually have to take this tank and my other tanks down.  😭😭

Going to be moving out of state (very last minute) and I don't know how to get these tanks to where I'm going.  I'm majorly bummed.  I love this tank.  So so sad right now.

• Sad 6
  • Wow 3
14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Y'all think I'm joking, but I may actually have to take this tank and my other tanks down.  😭😭

Going to be moving out of state (very last minute) and I don't know how to get these tanks to where I'm going.  I'm majorly bummed.  I love this tank.  So so sad right now.

Ouch, that's really rough, these glass boxes are tough to move, the animals inside them even harder... especially on short-notice. Damn man, I hope you can figure something out for your favorites, maybe a glass jug with a small heater or battery-bubbler?
No clue, no real tips, just hope the move goes well and things settle-down quickly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Ouch, that's really rough, these glass boxes are tough to move, the animals inside them even harder... especially on short-notice. Damn man, I hope you can figure something out for your favorites, maybe a glass jug with a small heater or battery-bubbler?
No clue, no real tips, just hope the move goes well and things settle-down quickly.

We have to fly to our new destination and movers will move stuff in trucks (probably take days), so I don't think either would work for transporting tank inhabitants.  We may have to move a couple times when we get there as well, so trying to move the tanks will be hard.  Ugh.  This really sucks. 

Will have to probably sell off everything.  Ideally find someone to buy the whole set-up and continue to post photos on Instagram or Nano-reef.com.  LOL.  Or I could sell off just the livestock and maybe move my tank and live rock (dry) and start all over from scratch when things have settled for me.  Either way, pretty stressful.  omgomgomg  

• Sad 6
  • Wow 2

You've got awesome livestock, hopefully it won't be too hard to find some interested locals. Crazy how much harder it can be for individuals to make sales compared to retailers sometimes though.

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
50 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

We have to fly to our new destination and movers will move stuff in trucks (probably take days), so I don't think either would work for transporting tank inhabitants.  We may have to move a couple times when we get there as well, so trying to move the tanks will be hard.  Ugh.  This really sucks. 

Will have to probably sell off everything.  Ideally find someone to buy the whole set-up and continue to post photos on Instagram or Nano-reef.com.  LOL.  Or I could sell off just the livestock and maybe move my tank and live rock (dry) and start all over from scratch when things have settled for me.  Either way, pretty stressful.  omgomgomg  

Shit man that sucks. Hopefully the move is for the better though.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NaturallyKait said:

That’s so sad, this is one of my favourite tanks. I hope you can find a solution that works for you. 

Definitely sad.  I was looking forward to seeing this tank grow out.  And it definitely is one of my favorites out of all the tanks I've set up over the years.

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Shit man that sucks. Hopefully the move is for the better though.

Definitely a good move for me and my family.  Just no good for the tank.  Farewell, 20g with no catchy name. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
12 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Definitely sad.  I was looking forward to seeing this tank grow out.  And it definitely is one of my favorites out of all the tanks I've set up over the years.

Definitely a good move for me and my family.  Just no good for the tank.  Farewell, 20g with no catchy name. 

Glad to hear it's going to be a good move. You'll be back with an even better tank I'm sure. When's the move happening?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Glad to hear it's going to be a good move. You'll be back with an even better tank I'm sure. When's the move happening?

Moving last week of this month.  Happening real fast.  Hopefully my next tank will happen sooner than later tho.

12 minutes ago, MaxxII said:

Ugh.....

Obviously you're moving for work and it's a benefit to your family...but I'm sorry to hear you need to take down your tanks.

Where are you moving to?

Thanks.  Yah, the only sad part about the move is taking down my tanks.  But excited for the relocation otherwise.  Moving to Seattle from Southern California.

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

Certainly a bit-more Mediterranean in climate, oregan and washington are both interesting states, SoCal can be blistering at times. The further-up along the westcoast you go the more out-of-place the weather feels XD Last-week of this month is insanely-short notice though, yikes.

• Like 2

Tigah no! The poor 20g cactus tank! I was so excited to see it grow in and thrive. 😭

I understand though... sometimes life just throws you a curve ball like that. And I'm happy to hear that the move will be a net positive for you and your family! Do you think you'd bring the tank along and set it up anew in your new home? Or will you sell everything off and... upgrade!? 😍

11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

My cactus caulerpa looks almost all gone and the shaving brush are turning more and more white.  So we shall see.

Not sure about the Caulerpa as I have not kept those myself, but the shaving brush will likely "die" and drop all its bristles, then resprout from its rhizome a few days later. They do this very frequently after shipping and replanting.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, William said:

Sadly i think it would be easier to start from scratch, you could keep the lights for sure, but the tanks may be difficult to pack 

I agree.  I think I'm going to sell off all livestock and maybe the LR too, but keep lights and all the equipment except for the tank itself.  Then when I settle, I'll get another tank and start over from scratch.  What a bummer for this tank tho.  😭

1 hour ago, billygoat said:

Tigah no! The poor 20g cactus tank! I was so excited to see it grow in and thrive. 😭

I understand though... sometimes life just throws you a curve ball like that. And I'm happy to hear that the move will be a net positive for you and your family! Do you think you'd bring the tank along and set it up anew in your new home? Or will you sell everything off and... upgrade!? 😍

Not sure about the Caulerpa as I have not kept those myself, but the shaving brush will likely "die" and drop all its bristles, then resprout from its rhizome a few days later. They do this very frequently after shipping and replanting.

I'm tempted to just buy a new IM 20g Peninsula.  😂  But we'll see.  I could go a different route.  Hopefully I'll be settled down in a couple months and I can start over.  

Anyway, I'll work on getting the last couple FTSs for this tank before I sell off.

• Like 6

Ahh man, sucks about the move bud. Me and my other half are moving in a few weeks and it's going to be a real pain. Could you ask a local reefer to look after the tank or a few favourite pieces until you're settled? 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I will miss this fun tank. I hope the move goes well and doesn't cause to much stress for you and the family. Wishing you all the best. I will look forward to your next tank. 

Thank you!  Appreciate that. 😊

2 hours ago, Azur said:

Ahh man, sucks about the move bud. Me and my other half are moving in a few weeks and it's going to be a real pain. Could you ask a local reefer to look after the tank or a few favourite pieces until you're settled? 

Not a bad idea.  May have to find someone willing to hold stuff for me in Seattle.  Could ship some coral up there. But I think easier for me to just set up a new tank when I get up there. 

• Like 1