Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

14 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

just rip the bandaid already, stop teasing us!!!!  🤣

How do you even make "breaking down a tank" look so damn good???

LOL.  For my next photo, I will be moving everything in the pico into this 20g and watch things grow out for like 2 days.  

Been waiting for people to pick up stuff and hopefully sell the tank by this Friday so I can move on to actually packing the rest of the house.  Haha.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
14 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  For my next photo, I will be moving everything in the pico into this 20g and watch things grow out for like 2 days.  

Been waiting for people to pick up stuff and hopefully sell the tank by this Friday so I can move on to actually packing the rest of the house.  Haha.  

@Christopher Marks Someone needs their account disabled!  Two weeks should be good.  😀

• Haha 3
On 11/12/2019 at 8:32 AM, Tigahboy said:

If I can't do a water change with one 5-gallon bucket, forget it.

I can't sleep and I think it's because this comment is keeping me up. 🤔

I have a 40g and do 5g water changes weekly. Now I'm no math wizard but that's a healthy 12.5% water change. Realistically more since your water volume is more like 33ish gallons after rock and sand etc. 

SOOOOOOOOOOOO...... 

You coooooould get a 40 gallon..... It's still nano 😉 just saying but if you had this much fun with the 20g then 40g you'll have twice the fun 😁 now that's simple math right there 😎👉

Low key (HIGH key) if this comment gets more than like idk 7 likes/reactions I think that means you have to do it. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, Matteo said:

I can't sleep and I think it's because this comment is keeping me up. 🤔

I have a 40g and do 5g water changes weekly. Now I'm no math wizard but that's a healthy 12.5% water change. Realistically more since your water volume is more like 33ish gallons after rock and sand etc. 

SOOOOOOOOOOOO...... 

You coooooould get a 40 gallon..... It's still nano 😉 just saying but if you had this much fun with the 20g then 40g you'll have twice the fun 😁 now that's simple math right there 😎👉

Low key (HIGH key) if this comment gets more than like idk 7 likes/reactions I think that means you have to do it. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers! 

😄  Everyone wants me to go bigger.  I am definitely a fan of 40g breeder dimensions tho.  That would probably be my absolute upper limit if I did go bigger. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Matteo said:

I was the 7th one. Engage the Upgrade Protocol. 😎

Seriously though I'd love to see what you'd put into a 40b. It has such sweet dimensions! I was thinking about upgrading myself for awhile, until I realized that I am way too broke to go there. 😂

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Seriously though I'd love to see what you'd put into a 40b. It has such sweet dimensions! I was thinking about upgrading myself for awhile, until I realized that I am way too broke to go there. 😂

Welp I guess I have to now.  Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I want to see you do a non standard tank size next

Hehe, glasscages does half-height tanks of just about every size, could go for a half-height 90-gallon (50 long), or their 30-square.
They also do a 33 gallon-long which is 4 foot by 12 by 12, crazy bloody size there, talk about space to work with!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
52 minutes ago, billygoat said:

I was the 8th... he did say if he gets more than 7 :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Go halvsies and grab a 30-long, it's a less common tank size but it's essentially a shorter, more-lagoon-esque variant of the 40 breeder.

Very true. 

Or maybe he should do a drop off tank? 

Oooooh drop off tank do that! 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Already threw it in a shopping cart for ya. 

Just gonna need your credit card info and address 🙂

#urwelcome

Screenshot_20191115-091950.png

Just DMed you my CC info and address.  I included my SSN as well just in case you needed that to open a new credit card for me.

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Go halvsies and grab a 30-long, it's a less common tank size but it's essentially a shorter, more-lagoon-esque variant of the 40 breeder.

30g is my jam.  Love that size.  

3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I want to see you do a non standard tank size next

Hmmmmm.  How about 3.14159265359....... gallons?

1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Very true. 

Or maybe he should do a drop off tank? 

Oooooh drop off tank do that! 

I will do anything for nano-reef.com, but I won't do that.  Just can't bring myself to do a drop off.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Just DMed you my CC info and address.  I included my SSN as well just in case you needed that to open a new credit card for me.

Points or miles preferred? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That would be an interestung idea for the next contest... 

Everyone gets assigned a randim partner, and your partner decides your tank and equipment. But to make sure they don't screw with you too much, there's also a prize for the partner of the 1st place winner... 🤔

• Like 1