Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Looks stunning. I've probably missed reading it but are you using serene? Or how are you getting those colors on the back wall. Thanks

Thanks!  I basically did my own version of Serene (though I didn't know Serene even existed when I initially set up my pico with the same backlights) with cheapo LED lights from Amazon (the brand is called S Smiful).  A cheaper option than Serene (but with no music or cool transitions).  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks!  I basically did my own version of Serene (though I didn't know Serene even existed when I initially set up my pico with the same backlights) with cheapo LED lights from Amazon (the brand is called S Smiful).  A cheaper option than Serene (but with no music or cool transitions).  

I get it! Back when I set up my Cadlight Artisan I had them put low iron glass on the back panel also. My intent was to have the tank back lit. I researched back lighting panels to death but didn't pull the trigger. Then I saw serene when it came out and thought that's it! 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, metrokat said:

I get it! Back when I set up my Cadlight Artisan I had them put low iron glass on the back panel also. My intent was to have the tank back lit. I researched back lighting panels to death but didn't pull the trigger. Then I saw serene when it came out and thought that's it! 

Nice.  It's definitely more of a thing in FW world, but thought I'd give it a try since I had clear back tanks. 

I think the Serene kit does look pretty cool tho.  I'm just too cheap to try it.  :lol:

I got all excited when I saw your post to see whatever big item you were teasing us with unveiling today 😞.  I mean I love a full tank shot but where is our big surprise ?!?

3 hours ago, Opotter said:

I got all excited when I saw your post to see whatever big item you were teasing us with unveiling today 😞.  I mean I love a full tank shot but where is our big surprise ?!?

LOL.  I will try to post photos tonight (but might be late night).  

3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

And doodle...

I should be able to get some nice doodles out of my new addition.  

• Like 1

Pretty excited about my new additions!  Here's a couple quick pics. 

This super cool Truncatoflabellum veroni.

IMG_20191018_180613_500.thumb.jpg.1433c1a32a15261b80b6af85d312667a.jpg

And this crazy red baby fungia.

IMG_20191018_180653_332.thumb.jpg.6247c5e70ed41c491f24235bfbf228a2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 4
8 minutes ago, caas1496 said:

Where did you find that crazy red fungia?? Its awesome!

I ordered both at Austin Aqua Farms.  My first time ordering, but had a good experience and happy with what I got (true to the photos on the site).

• Like 4
3 hours ago, choconut74 said:

This tank looks awesome and your pictures are amazing! Did you ever push through with adding the kamoer dosers? 

Thank you!  Unfortunately, not yet. Lol.  I still need some stuff to complete the auto dosing set-up and haven't gotten around to getting them.  But high on my to-do list.  

• Like 2

Looking absolutely stunning Tigah! I feel like this tank went from being full of rocks and sand to being a gorgeous reef practically overnight. 🤔 Has it really been that long? Time flies!

I can't wait to see what it looks like six months down the line. This setup already looks awesome but I have a feeling that with time it's going to be truly choice. 👌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Not entirely sure if the red fungia fits in with the rest of this tank.  Maybe it has too much color.  😅

IMG_20191023_223846_389.thumb.jpg.99bd52b8d75688bdbd74adcb3c8c1d4a.jpg

It's like an accent couch, it looks out of place sure, but it looks good where it is.

Plus cacti have some of the most absurdly colorful and beautiful flowers out there.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

You need more to balance the colours out 😄

LOL.  Maybe like 3 more red fungias???  

1 hour ago, billygoat said:

Looking absolutely stunning Tigah! I feel like this tank went from being full of rocks and sand to being a gorgeous reef practically overnight. 🤔 Has it really been that long? Time flies!

I can't wait to see what it looks like six months down the line. This setup already looks awesome but I have a feeling that with time it's going to be truly choice. 👌

Thank you!  It's only been about 5 months now, so definitely still a newish tank.  I'm so looking forward to seeing what this looks like after it matures a bit.

1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

It's like an accent couch, it looks out of place sure, but it looks good where it is.

Plus cacti have some of the most absurdly colorful and beautiful flowers out there.

Good analogy.  I guess this accent pouf can stay for now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1