ReefCleaners.org

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

1 hour ago, billygoat said:

Gorgeous GSP! I love the Sinularia too. That's going to look super choice once it grows in and starts to surround the crown of the top rock there. 👌

Really though we need to get a catchy title up in this business. You've been up and running for what, like four months now? 😂

😅. This shall be the thread with no name. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

I added A LOT of new stuff to this tank yesterday (from various sources). 

But I'm most happy with my order from @Aquarium Care Center.  This was my first time ordering from them and I was super pleased with how responsive they were with questions and requests.  They even found a pom pom crab for me for my pico (evening tho it wasn't on their site).  Packaging was also top notch.  Everything arrived safely and opened up quickly. 

I'm super stoked about this Black Phantom torch tho.  Looks just as good as the photos on their website.  And for some reason it's a really good deal on their site rn.

IMG_20191004_225122_173.thumb.jpg.9d64b32f969eb35470bf5d4b986d1160.jpg

Also picked up this tube anemone.  Been wanting one for awhile now. 

IMG_20191004_225033_488.thumb.jpg.af617384c6ac0df1f0aa3a7ca88f1143.jpg

And check out this freebie chalice.  OG Mummy Eye??  Dang!!

IMG_20191004_225528_918.thumb.jpg.4a34240d3032d55d99edf4fe938d95da.jpg

Will definitely be ordering from them again.  Thanks again, @Aquarium Care Center!

• Like 11
  • Wow 1
ReefahBarra84
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I added A LOT of new stuff to this tank yesterday (from various sources). 

But I'm most happy with my order from @Aquarium Care Center.  This was my first time ordering from them and I was super pleased with how responsive they were with questions and requests.  They even found a pom pom crab for me for my pico (evening tho it wasn't on their site).  Packaging was also top notch.  Everything arrived safely and opened up quickly. 

I'm super stoked about this Black Phantom torch tho.  Looks just as good as the photos on their website.  And for some reason it's a really good deal on their site rn.

IMG_20191004_225122_173.thumb.jpg.9d64b32f969eb35470bf5d4b986d1160.jpg

Also picked up this tube anemone.  Been wanting one for awhile now. 

IMG_20191004_225033_488.thumb.jpg.af617384c6ac0df1f0aa3a7ca88f1143.jpg

And check out this freebie chalice.  OG Mummy Eye??  Dang!!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a72cef6f73776f2bIMG_20191004_225528_918.thumb.jpg.4a34240d3032d55d99edf4fe938d95da.jpg

Will definitely be ordering from them again.  Thanks again, @Aquarium Care Center!

Woohoo. chalice time!

Guess what ? I copied you and I'm getting my nuvo 20 peninsula on Tuesday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, ReefahBarra84 said:

Woohoo. chalice time!

Guess what ? I copied you and I'm getting my nuvo 20 peninsula on Tuesday!

Nice!  Looking forward to seeing it.

4 hours ago, Amphrites said:

I love alveopora, such an awesome coral. Is that pink or blue, or a combination?

Very subtle light blue.  Under less blue light it's not as blue of course. 

Here's a shot of them under more white lights (with Nemo photobombing).

IMG_20191006_084700_611.thumb.jpg.f7b04129856b033c7290225e0c6649cb.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful additions Tigah! I love the Alveopora too. That's one of my favorite corals. 😊

The tube anemone is also super awesome. I would love to have one of those! I feel in my bones that sooner or later I am going to have to start myself a good old mixed reef... 🤔

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Beautiful additions Tigah! I love the Alveopora too. That's one of my favorite corals. 😊

The tube anemone is also super awesome. I would love to have one of those! I feel in my bones that sooner or later I am going to have to start myself a good old mixed reef... 🤔

Thanks!  Yah, it's hard not to do a mixed reef with all the options out there.  I give it up to you biotope folks for your restraint.  Lol.

I still have a few more new additions from Friday to photograph.  Hopefully I can get around to it today and post em up.  It was a busy Friday for this tank.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Really cool new additions to the reef, that tube anemone is mesmerizing! That black phantom torch too 😵

@Aquarium Care Center is top notch! ❤️ 

Thanks!  That tube anemone has lost quite a bit of color due to shipping stress I think.  Seems OK otherwise though.  So hopefully it will color back up with some TLC.  🤞

• Like 1

Love the new additions. I had 2 beautiful tube anemones at one time and really loved them, but lost them both when things went awry a few years ago. Also tried Alevapora in my early days and they did not fare so well. Maybe it's time to try them again now that I'm a "seasoned" reefer (cough cough).

On 10/2/2019 at 11:36 AM, Ratvan said:

I can't be arsed to sit and faff around with it

Spoken like a true Brit!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Love the new additions. I had 2 beautiful tube anemones at one time and really loved them, but lost them both when things went awry a few years ago. Also tried Alevapora in my early days and they did not fare so well. Maybe it's time to try them again now that I'm a "seasoned" reefer (cough cough).

Thanks!  I'm lovin' the Alveopora as well!  Like tiny, chubby flowers.

Honestly, I ended up with coral that I probably wouldn't have thought of adding to this tank by way of freebies and impulse buys.  Still trying to sort through what I should keep and where they should go.  Already a little anxious with how cluttered things look.  Messing with my clean/minimalist vibes!  I may move some things behind the scape for now until I figure out what to do with them.  😁

Still have a few more photos of the new additions to post!  How tiring!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still haven't posted all the new stuff, but just took this shot of the tube nem.  Looks pretty sweet under blues.  If it colors back up, should be more intense with a bright green center. 

IMG_20191006_230602_025.thumb.jpg.acd6bc0c788754eaa41b1178a9206e53.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 3

This was sold to me as a Japanese deepwater toadstool.  The polyps don't look like a typical Japanese deepwater, but it does have a nice green base and long stalk.  What do you think?  

IMG_20191007_062846_509.thumb.jpg.b977d6345925de88a033163d6f8a16f8.jpg

I'm still on the hunt for the other Japanese deepwater tho.  

• Like 5

This 20g has been sexualized!  Cactus caulerpa went sexual!! omgomgomg

IMG_20191007_211932_957.thumb.jpg.d509f42bda1a930de2c7016dc01d9cc4.jpg

Water was super cloudy so I did a water change and added carbon.  Is this tank going to become a cactus caulerpa biotope now??

• Sad 1
  • Wow 4

My purple plume gorg looks a little pissed, but the rest are OK tho.  If this tank turns into a caulerpa farm, so be it. I had a good run while it lasted.  😅

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

My purple plume gorg looks a little pissed, but the rest are OK tho.  If this tank turns into a caulerpa farm, so be it. I had a good run while it lasted.  😅

It's alright! It's very unlikely that your caulerpa will actually proliferate through the tank as a result of going sexual. The primary concern in that situation is the huge amount of nutrients that get dumped into your system from the event, but it sounds like you've got that under control. Kind of a shame that you've got to toss the caulerpa now though! 😞

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, billygoat said:

It's alright! It's very unlikely that your caulerpa will actually proliferate through the tank as a result of going sexual. The primary concern in that situation is the huge amount of nutrients that get dumped into your system from the event, but it sounds like you've got that under control. Kind of a shame that you've got to toss the caulerpa now though! 😞

It is a shame. It was so lush!  Fortunately I still have a piece of that caulerpa that survived so the circle of life continues!

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

This was sold to me as a Japanese deepwater toadstool.  The polyps don't look like a typical Japanese deepwater, but it does have a nice green base and long stalk.  What do you think?  

IMG_20191007_062846_509.thumb.jpg.b977d6345925de88a033163d6f8a16f8.jpg

I'm still on the hunt for the other Japanese deepwater tho.  

You and your beautiful Japanese corals!

7 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

This 20g has been sexualized!  Cactus caulerpa went sexual!! omgomgomg

IMG_20191007_211932_957.thumb.jpg.d509f42bda1a930de2c7016dc01d9cc4.jpg

Water was super cloudy so I did a water change and added carbon.  Is this tank going to become a cactus caulerpa biotope now??

You can't just remove it and be done with it (the caulerpa, that is, not the tank!)?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

You and your beautiful Japanese corals!

You can't just remove it and be done with it (the caulerpa, that is, not the tank!)?

I like to live on the edge!  If it happens to me again, then I guess I'll remove all of it. 😅

• Like 2