Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 20g Project - Still No Catchy Title Yet

Tigahboy

13 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Not yet.  Still using Fritz.

I'm more than likely switching over to Brightwell NeoMarine once the bucket of Reef Crystals is done. Clarity and consistency are probably biggest selling points for me.

I'm trying to run parameters similar to natural seawater and it hits the mark. Batch to batch consistency is on point from what I have read. I don't want to spend more time than I have to adjusting a batch of saltwater to match what's in the tank. I figure doing weekly 2g water changes should keep levels from fluctuating much, if any, at this point. When the need for dosing comes into play I'm sure I wont have to do much.

Tropic Marin Pro Reef and Fritz Reef Pro would be my second and third choices.

• Like 3

It really depends on livestock, in my nano I started out having to dose CAL, then ALK usage exploded, now I have to dose a fair bit of both (but I started out with a maxima clam so that makes a difference lol...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

🎶 Gimme a break. Gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that Japanese Pink Nephthea bar (and some Green Sinularia too). 

IMG_20190830_055606_541.thumb.jpg.be62693a950ebf29fab228590bc3203a.jpg

Picked these beauties up yesterday.  🥰

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

🎶 Gimme a break. Gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that Japanese Pink Nephthea bar (and some Green Sinularia too). 

IMG_20190830_055606_541.thumb.jpg.be62693a950ebf29fab228590bc3203a.jpg

Picked these beauties up yesterday.  🥰

Could not be more jealous lol, must be nice to live close to a source for that nepthea =p Going to look amazing in the tank!
I also never realized how much sinularia resembles a cactus, holy cow...

• Like 2

Thanks, guys!  

I'm still on the fence as to whether I should try to peel the softies off the bricks and have them re-attach to rock rubble or just leave them be and then try to break up the bricks into smaller bases.  Don't really like the brick look.  

I'd break up the bricks, shoving softies on skewers always seemed wrong if they were already attached to something. Just get them small enough that they're indistinguishable from your rockwork, bricks are soft, especially when wet, a hammer for the "coarse adjustment" and some wire-snipes and pliers will easily take care of the rest.

• Like 1

Are you running any kind of media? I feel like I'd want to get some carbon in there with all these crazy softies going on! The coral warfare is real. 😁

• Like 3
1 hour ago, billygoat said:

Are you running any kind of media? I feel like I'd want to get some carbon in there with all these crazy softies going on! The coral warfare is real. 😁

Yeah I didn't think I was gonna end up with this many softies.  Lol.  Good call tho.  I have chemipure and polyfilter handy but no actual activated carbon.  May look into getting some. 

Also went ahead and ditched the bricks since they weren't even attached to it yet.

IMG_20190830_175456_654.thumb.jpg.e203ad386847dbcb9a89701670e947a5.jpg

• Like 4

It looks like a little terrarium now... I'm sorry lol, I don't know why I'm so stuck on it, but I somehow never realized sinularia looks EXACTLY like a cactus until this thread... Well that or horseradish/ginger/wasabi root...

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Amphrites said:

It looks like a little terrarium now... I'm sorry lol, I don't know why I'm so stuck on it, but I somehow never realized sinularia looks EXACTLY like a cactus until this thread... Well that or horseradish/ginger/wasabi root...

Should I just add this to the tank as well??

IMG_20190831_124327_513.thumb.jpg.a2495767203806b2057646d7580762f9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The sinularia kept floating around so decided to fasten them to the rock rubble.

IMG_20190831_125347_928.thumb.jpg.0566733f3fbbc44c4f4316e16ca932a4.jpg

One managed to float up to the overflow.  At least it finally stayed put there.  😅

IMG_20190831_125303_835.thumb.jpg.24320c10512caab9e03c12856d3cd894.jpg

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Should I just add this to the tank as well??

IMG_20190831_124327_513.thumb.jpg.a2495767203806b2057646d7580762f9.jpg

I have proof that I'm not insane, though at this point it seems your clowns might be more inclined to host it if you left it outside the tank.

1562fe-250.jpgMini-Cinnamon-Cactus-Small-Opuntia-Rufida-Minima-Montrose.jpgeuphorbia_inermis.jpgwasabi-root-for-sale-in-a-typical-stock-photograph_csp34327795.jpg

• Like 2
Frag Factory

Get some netting over the little tub and use an elastic band to keep it tight.

It's also easier to get them to attach with gravel than LR rubble and then glue the gravel to where you want it.

Tank looks fantastic, I also LOVE the singularia. I have one in my cube that's about the size of a hand now. I bought a 1" frag a year ago... They are super easy to feed with Fauna Marin clam food or goniopower (probably roids and reef chilli too).

• Like 2