inTank Media Baskets

Krish87

Also, here is my Nero 5 schedule. With the right placement, this powerhouse can do everything right. 

IMG_1448.thumb.jpeg.916e4d2a9fc9b4029e25af90aeec70c1.jpeg

I have not incorporated Feed Mode into my schedule. I prefer to control that component manually whenever I'm ready to feed my fishes and corals! 

13 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

Also, here is my Nero 5 schedule. With the right placement, this powerhouse can do everything right. 

IMG_1448.thumb.jpeg.916e4d2a9fc9b4029e25af90aeec70c1.jpeg

I have not incorporated Feed Mode into my schedule. I prefer to control that component manually whenever I'm ready to feed my fishes and corals! 

How do you like the Nero? Does it perform well at the lower settings? 

9 hours ago, Sancho said:

How do you like the Nero? Does it perform well at the lower settings? 

Yes, it has been great so far! And I've nothing but good things to say about it. I'm very happy with what its performance is, even at the lower (optimal) settings for the 16G BioCube.

Here is the latest addition to the tank!

AUSSIE ELEGANCE CORAL

1526989541_EleganceCoral.thumb.jpeg.5a03bf3e415784e2e87783024035a620.jpeg

I love the unique stripe design. A very plum color in the middle that blends into the green borders, it is indeed ELEGANT!!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

In association with the discussion here - 

I'm extremely thrilled to see the following post establishing a simple dosing schedule -

• Purple Stylophora polyps are clear as a crystal (I am able to see the branches split at the ends)
  • Elegance Coral has extended to a limit where I have to move out other corals around it 🙂
  • Euphyllias are extremely happy and my Torch has never extended to this level

Reef Plus is also doing wonders, the colors are brighter and corals are looking much happier!

• Like 1

The ELEGANCE CORAL Story

This Aussie Elegance Coral is the latest addition to my tank. Boy, I was so excited when I saw a few come into the LFS. There were at least 7 pieces in, and of which the one I got (luckily) was unique amongst all. Be it the random green stripes, the plum colored ridge around the tentacle circumference and the very light pink tip tentacles; everything is just so perfect! I clearly made up mind that this would now be the main center display on the sand-bed!

IMG_1457.thumb.jpeg.1ae938f1be96a339efbbc9336cb61a58.jpeg

This is indeed an expensive coral, but thankfully, I was able to get some $ knocked off with some frags I had, that I was giving to my LFS for store credit. That being said, I was absolutely excited to get this animal home, and stage it as the centerpiece. 

I come home, perform the regular drills - coral dip, acclimation and all the necessary pre-requisites before I can enjoy this in my tank! Of course, when I had it in the acclimation box, it wasn't extending, only the skeleton was visible with barely a few tentacles coming out. I wondered, did I do anything to mess it up? Did I dip too much? What did I do wrong to either piss it off or something even worse that had gone unnoticed. After a while, I put it into the tank, set it where I wanted to and got tied up with other chores for the day. After an hour, I got back to check and see if the coral was doing fine. 

I was appalled to see that there was a thick layer of mucus over the skeleton's opening edge and that was a moment I thought - alright, I think something really messed up 😞 I still did not give up. I let it stay in there and gave it more time. I returned after another hour shocked to see that it is still the same. It was almost night, and the lights were also about to go off! Then I decided, before it goes completely dark, I at least wanted to take off that mucus to see if it would help. Simple action - took a turkey baster, blew off the mucus very slowly (made sure that the mucus didn't touch or land on any of the other corals). To some content and a little sigh of relief, I was able to see the coral in the same shape it went into the tank - few tentacles swaying in the flow, and skeleton intact. I decided to just let the night pass and see what happens in the morning when the light comes on. 

And to my surprise and sheer happiness, the tentacles looked more extended (not nearly close to what I saw when it was back at the store), but I was happy that there is some improvement! I was certain that it would be fine in the coming days. After a much rewarding patience of 5 days, the Elegance coral completely opened and it was a majestic moment (the pic posted above was taken on the 6th day). 

And it has been happy ever since! These moments although small, and common to a few who have been in the hobby for long - still give us so much happiness and content! This coral has indeed stolen my heart and it never fails to attract the attention of the guests when they are home! I'm really lucky to have found this animal 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

The Euphyllia Love

IMG_1427.thumb.jpeg.6dd18915dcb63d36b906bcd9a1a42548.jpeg

One of my first corals in the tank. Started with 2 heads, now it has 5 over the course of 1 year 🙂 

• Like 3

Trachyphyllia Geoffroyi

606480354_TrachyGrowth.thumb.jpg.b7e7fb8230c0ce264084307b037790b1.jpg

This guy is getting bigger! I feed it reef-roids and LPS Pellets. Slow but steady eater! The color just pops when the Blues come on during dusk!

• Like 3

Fantastic updates! Your photos look really great with your lenses... I need to order that set. I enjoyed hearing about your experience with the elegance... and what a beauty!! 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

Fantastic updates! Your photos look really great with your lenses... I need to order that set. I enjoyed hearing about your experience with the elegance... and what a beauty!! 

Thank you so much @banasophia 🙂 Can't believe it is more than a year. I'm very content from where I started. Patience is indeed virtue!!!

More pics coming up...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, colinadam said:

Great looking tank and pictures. That Elegance is a showpiece, awesome colors!

Thank you so much @colinadam. Really appreciate the encouraging words. This has been a great journey so far and looking forward to the many more years of continual learning. Yes, the Elegance is indeed a Masterpiece. I would say that I was really lucky, I got the prettiest one from the batch of Elegance that came to the LFS. And honestly, it was a very random pick, this was the first one that struck my eyes and the price was decent for an Elegance of this size. It was $75 only. I have heard Elegances cost way more than that! 

15 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Beautiful colors in that one 😍🔥

Hey @Sancho - Thank you so much!!! 🙂 I know - this Lobophyllia is a brilliant splash of colors under the blue channels!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jackal227 said:

The tank looks great!

Thank you so much @Jackal227 🙂 

It has been a great experience so far... More than a year in with this tank, pretty well established and corals are flourishing. Can't be happier!!!

I was just looking at the growth of the corals in the tank over the course of a year. And I was able to document this...

Purple Stylophora Growth

collage.jpg.2c79487684816377bc438820c0f994ca.jpg

• Like 1