inTank Media Baskets

Krish87

1 minute ago, banasophia said:

Well for me it’s just because my torch is disproportionately large for my tank haha but I like it. 

CC6643FF-B698-4187-8ADB-29C2F415F506.jpeg

Awesome! It sure is super large, but it looks amazing. Share more pics of your tank 🙂 Really interesting rock work and setup, I must say. And wonderful blast of colors.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

Awesome! It sure is super large, but it looks amazing. Share more pics of your tank 🙂 Really interesting rock work and setup, I must say. And wonderful blast of colors.

Thanks, I’m thinking of breaking down and doing build threads for my two tanks this weekend. 🙂 

Here’s a pic of a sweeper from one of the smaller torches that’s now in my Nuvo 10:

73892001-FDCB-4069-92C8-CC23A11F68BD.jpeg

• Wow 1
4 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Thanks, I’m thinking of breaking down and doing build threads for my two tanks this weekend. 🙂 

Here’s a pic of a sweeper from one of the smaller torches that’s now in my Nuvo 10:

73892001-FDCB-4069-92C8-CC23A11F68BD.jpeg

Makes me think it was flipping the bird at me haha... I had to move the blue sympodium and mushrooms at that time because it kept reaching out its long tentacle finger and poking stuff nearby.

4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Makes me think it was flipping the bird at me haha... I had to move the blue sympodium and mushrooms at that time because it kept reaching out its long tentacle finger and poking stuff nearby.

Ha ha ! Boy these things are so intriguing. Right now my goal is to just ensure the tank is clean, the corals look healthy and all livestock are doing well. I don't think I have space for any new coral and/or livestock. So let's see how this tank looks next May! 🙂 

3 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Ha ha ! Boy these things are so intriguing. Right now my goal is to just ensure the tank is clean, the corals look healthy and all livestock are doing well. I don't think I have space for any new coral and/or livestock. So let's see how this tank looks next May! 🙂 

Well you’re off to a great start! Keep posting updates - love to see your progress.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The immediate happiness after a water change . . . 🙂 

Frogspawn.thumb.jpg.d65b5a84354804dcb9bd6d22203aa064.jpg

One among the first 5 corals that I introduced into the tank. It always strikes a smile every time.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Krish87 said:

And here is a very recent pic. A TOP VIEW

122963085_TopView.thumb.jpg.63adc4c24709b6f2c4b3c2e18d9f25b7.jpg

It's coming along good . . . gradually 🙂 

Wow Krish, looks amazing! Remind me... are your lights still stock?

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
12 hours ago, Krish87 said:

And here is a very recent pic. A TOP VIEW

122963085_TopView.thumb.jpg.63adc4c24709b6f2c4b3c2e18d9f25b7.jpg

It's coming along good . . . gradually 🙂 

It's beautiful @Krish87, such a great collection of coral! The GSP 'tongue' and the purple stylo 😍

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, banasophia said:

Wow Krish, looks amazing! Remind me... are your lights still stock?

Yes, stock LEDs very much 🙂 

10 hours ago, Jackal227 said:

I really like that purple stylo up top.  It looks like it's grown a lot.

Yes, one of my favorite corals. The color is so amazing...

• Like 1

Just read this whole thread. Great photos from both of you. Very cool. I have a biocube 16 too. It’s full of very well established sand, rock and astronomer nitrite levels.  It’s a sight to behold.  Up 17 days.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Wyatt45 said:

Just read this whole thread. Great photos from both of you. Very cool. I have a biocube 16 too. It’s full of very well established sand, rock and astronomer nitrite levels.  It’s a sight to behold.  Up 17 days.

Welcome to NR and the BioCube gang! 😛 

There are a lot of experienced folks in here who will be more than happy to help you along the way. 

8 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Yes, stock LEDs very much 🙂 

Yes, one of my favorite corals. The color is so amazing...

So glad to see your success with the SPS under stock lights so far... I wanted to test out the lights too, but my nutrients are way too high due to heavy feeding of my suns and mandarin and now my hungry emeralds, so unfortunately SPS is a no go in my tank. 😞 

7 hours ago, Wyatt45 said:

Thanks. Already received a ton of help from banasophia and Jackal.  I have thread with info we’ve shared as well. 

Fun to have a local reefer starting the same tank! And I have some macro, corals, and crabs coming your way once you’re ready for them. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks @banasophia - I didn't expect to see this level of SPS happiness in our BioCubes honestly. Wherever I read, everyone has just mentioned "not so good" things about the stock LEDs 🙂 Let's see how far I can go. What I really want to do though, is get a AI Prime HD+ and check how the corals do under that lighting. That would definitely answer a lot of questions regarding lighting.

I even wrote to Coralife to come up with better lighting if they are working on a BioCube upgrade and also requested them to ensure that the new hood is compatible with our versions of the BioCube. In that way, many of the reefers who love the hood would still get a better one 🙂 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

Thanks @banasophia - I didn't expect to see this level of SPS happiness in our BioCubes honestly. Wherever I read, everyone has just mentioned not so good things about the stock LEDs 🙂 Let's see how far I can go. What I really want to do though, is get a AI Prime HD+ and check how the corals do under that lighting. That would definitely answer a lot of questions regarding lighting.

even wrote to Coralife to come up with better lighting if they are working on a BioCube upgrade and also requested them to ensure that the new hood is compatible with our versions of the BioCube. In that way, many of the reefers who love the hood would still get a better one 🙂 

Yes I have an AI Prime in my other tank and it does make a big difference when I move corals over to that tank.

Great idea to make that suggestion to Coralife... such a great tank, and I love the lighting controls on our current model, but I think it could really take the lead as the best all in one if they could step up the lighting even further. 

• Like 1
Just now, banasophia said:

Yes I have an AI Prime in my other tank and it does make a big difference when I move corals over to that tank.

Great idea to make that suggestion to Coralife... such a great tank, and I love the lighting controls on our current model, but I think it could really take the lead as the best all in one if they could step up the lighting even further. 

You have nailed it! Everything would be nearly "perfect" in this All-in-One aquarium if they give us better LEDs! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, banasophia said:

@banasophia Can you tell me what is the size of the mount you have for the AI Prime?

I have heard that the Flex arm is good, but the 18 inch. is too long and people have had bad experience. The 12" one is better one.