Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

8 hours ago, metrokat said:

You are right. I understand what I must go through emotionally and personally. I've just not been so unsure of my public behavior before. I'm needing to get out of the apartment today. Going to go fish shopping. :ninja:

Check my avatar. I joined Nano-Reef today, 6 years ago. Wow, time flies.

I just looked and will hit my 9 year anniversary on Sunday.  Whoa!

7 hours ago, metrokat said:

Violet is super cute!! :wub:

Thanks!  I love my little Princess Pricklepants! :wub:

• Like 4
StinkyBunny

It's been 10 months since we lost Benny and M and I still have days Kat. It takes time love. M said you need another kitty ASAP. While I love Katie, Moosh and Joey to pieces, they're not Benny, but they helped the healing.

I'll be up your way next weekend, found another guy that wants to do transshipping and a wholesaler that selling off a bunch of tanks and supplies.

• Like 2
On 7/12/2017 at 0:53 PM, markalot said:

I think you should get another cat ASAP.  Losing pets is very difficult, I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Yes, another cat IMO, lots of cats need good homes. :)

On 7/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, dirtrider225 said:

+1 for rescue pet. It will never be what you lost, but it will for sure be a start to a new adventure! 

I thought about it. Bogi will be my only cat.  I am not sure if I will change my mind or not. But right now this is how I feel. I am considering being a foster home, possibly. The shelter gets newborns that need to be bottle fed.

• Like 6
On 7/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, Sharbuckle said:

I can only imagine how hard it is and don't even really want to think about it. Hang in there Kat. Stay positive. 

Thanks Sharbuckle. Yesterday I got a sympathy card and a packet of Forget Me Not seeds from Bogi's clinic. His veterinarian's note was touching, it was signed by the whole staff. The Vet Tech who accompanied the at-home Vet for Bogi's last day at home also texted me. So it was all a bit much. Today is a better day.

• Like 6
On 7/14/2017 at 0:26 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

Hang in there, Kat. Volunteering does help, though. I'm allergic to cats, but I love them, and I need service hours for school. I volunteer at a local no-kill shelter. It's great this time of year because it's kitten season! They're so cute!

:)

On 7/14/2017 at 11:58 PM, StinkyBunny said:

It's been 10 months since we lost Benny and M and I still have days Kat. It takes time love. M said you need another kitty ASAP. While I love Katie, Moosh and Joey to pieces, they're not Benny, but they helped the healing.

I'll be up your way next weekend, found another guy that wants to do transshipping and a wholesaler that selling off a bunch of tanks and supplies.

Thanks Stinky.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, Arkayology said:

Sorry about Bogi. :( Fostering sounds like a nice thing to do. 

Thanks. And the more I think about it the more it sounds like something I might want to do.

• Like 1

Clownfish are spawning again. My order from Live aquaria did not go very well. 2 out of 4 fish died within 24 hours. Of the remaining 2, the male anthias is not coming out, he is eating some but not like a high metabolic fish eats. The other 2 anthias are female, the one is always swimming about, the new female hides in plain sight but swims out into the open when there is food.

Found one of the 2 old striped gobies in the return chamber of the sump. The other is on the top shelf. Not sure where their shrimp went. Got another wrasse this weekend, he's wow. Took him about a day and some battle scars but he is always in the water column now. Doesn't do laps around the tank like the other wrasse though. Just sort of hangs on one side of the tank. I wonder if that will change. It is an orange back wrasse. I seem to be in love with wrasses lately. They are simply gorgeous.

• Like 7
RIP Sebastian

Congrats on the clown pre-babies! Sorry to hear about the LA order and the gobies. I like wrasses, too. It's a shame that not many wrasses fit in a thirty!

• Like 1

I picked up the ashes of my cat today at the vet along with a paw print they did. I have thought about fostering as well but not any puppies/kittens. I like them a little older and less full of un-relenting energy. 

23 hours ago, Boggers said:

I picked up the ashes of my cat today at the vet along with a paw print they did. I have thought about fostering as well but not any puppies/kittens. I like them a little older and less full of un-relenting energy. 

I feel so much for you. 

This is how I have Bogi's paw print.

• Like 7
StinkyBunny

I can't do business with LA/DD after the velvet debacle with them, be VERY careful with their fish. I got a few fish from them years ago and it wiped out the one 100g QT system I have. That order is why I started transshipping again.

• Like 2

My last LA/DD order wasn't great either. That's frustrating - it's not the $$ since they are very good at reimbursement, but the heart ache of dealing with dead fish and/or stressed fish. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef

Hi Kat :flower:

just wanted to say hello, good to see your thread more active again. Post some new pics with that sweet new NBR light fixture of yours. 

Truly sorry for the loss of Bogi. 

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

My last LA/DD order wasn't great either. That's frustrating - it's not the $$ since they are very good at reimbursement, but the heart ache of dealing with dead fish and/or stressed fish. 

It's definitely not the money, I hate to lose ANYTHING. We're entrusted to those animals care and well being. Every specimen I bring in to sell gets the same care as my personal animals.

• Like 2

I'm still peeved about UPS shoving my fish on the back of a truck all freakin' weekend long.  That poor thing didn't stand a chance!

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
21 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm still peeved about UPS shoving my fish on the back of a truck all freakin' weekend long.  That poor thing didn't stand a chance!

It's a shame we can't get them for animal cruelty. If anyone did that, that's what would happen. Damn shame we can't get them on the same charges.

• Like 1

Hello from the very wet and damp day from the UK, haven't been on here for a along time and Just spend the Whole afternoon reading this thread, very entertaining and sad at the same time ?.. tank looks amazing, seems everything you touch turns out amazing, you have a good eye for reefing that's for sure.. sorry to hear about your cat always very hard when it comes to that time of their lives, buy sounds of it you gave him a wonderful life and thats more than he could have asked for... keep doing wat u do Katz you put a positive spin on life and sounds like everyone loves you for it. ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Lynton said:

Hello from the very wet and damp day from the UK, haven't been on here for a along time and Just spend the Whole afternoon reading this thread, very entertaining and sad at the same time ?.. tank looks amazing, seems everything you touch turns out amazing, you have a good eye for reefing that's for sure.. sorry to hear about your cat always very hard when it comes to that time of their lives, buy sounds of it you gave him a wonderful life and thats more than he could have asked for... keep doing wat u do Katz you put a positive spin on life and sounds like everyone loves you for it. ?

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and a 'fish' bump for reading through this thread. 

On 7/20/2017 at 9:34 AM, Lula_Mae said:

:(

On 7/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, micoastreefing said:

Hi Kat :flower:

just wanted to say hello, good to see your thread more active again. Post some new pics with that sweet new NBR light fixture of yours. 

Truly sorry for the loss of Bogi. 

Hi there, thank you. I'll get some pics for you. 

12 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

And you'll not find a more decent person than Kat, someone I'm glad to call a friend.

:wub: Thank you Stinky. You and M have always been there for anything, I truly appreciate that.

5 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Sorry about Bogi Kat :( Let me know if you need anything. 

Thanks Roger. The last 3 days were really bad but today is a better day. 

• Like 3