SaltCritters.com

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

The Innovative Marine Hydrofill Ti reservoir is quite amazing. Don't know where it has been for all of my life, but considering they literally JUST came out with it - where has this concept been all of my life? My cabinet doesn't have room to fit this and still be able to open the drawer to fill, so I had to put it beside the tank. If you've read the article I wrote for Marine Depot just before they were released, you know that cool drawer system for filling the water. This is 5 gallons and my largest ATO reservoir in history. I can see for myself how cool this concept is. Wonder if they are coming out with a bigger reservoir with the same concept for folks like @veng that like more water. But considering how simple and easy it is to refill, with the ability to fit it inside the cabinet, it should suffice for most smaller systems. 

33722698595_9a8605fae9_b.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

It stayed on that side? :P

Yeah. The other side has more light so I might get algae, and also it would hinder access to the electricals and I'd need longer tubing.

41 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

In the picture it looks huge!

It's a huge picture. It's actually teeny.

I have cat food around it right now, I'll post another pic when it doesn't have company.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, metrokat said:

The Innovative Marine Hydrofill Ti reservoir is quite amazing. Don't know where it has been for all of my life, but considering they literally JUST came out with it - where has this concept been all of my life? My cabinet doesn't have room to fit this and still be able to open the drawer to fill, so I had to put it beside the tank. If you've read the article I wrote for Marine Depot just before they were released, you know that cool drawer system for filling the water. This is 5 gallons and my largest ATO reservoir in history. I can see for myself how cool this concept is. Wonder if they are coming out with a bigger reservoir with the same concept for folks like @veng that like more water. But considering how simple and easy it is to refill, with the ability to fit it inside the cabinet, it should suffice for most smaller systems. 

I'd be a fan for sure if it came in a larger version.  I just spend to much time out of town it's hard to live with only 5 gallons.  Forget to fill it and leave town and suddenly come back to coral soup, did that once don't plan on doing it again.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Veng said:

I'd be a fan for sure if it came in a larger version.  I just spend to much time out of town it's hard to live with only 5 gallons.  Forget to fill it and leave town and suddenly come back to coral soup, did that once don't plan on doing it again.

Can't you build one....although not as clean, it doesn't look too difficult to reproduce as a DIY.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Boggers said:

Can't you build one....although not as clean, it doesn't look too difficult to reproduce as a DIY.

I probably could.  Though again, with being out of town so much, it's hard to find time for DIY projects these days. :D

• Like 1

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!

:angry:

3 hours ago, markalot said:

My god, your cat is huge!

:slap:

1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

That's exactly what I was going to post :lol:

:slap:

2 hours ago, Mariaface said:

Bogi is PERFECT

He is :wub:

He is on a hunger strike again since yesterday. :( 

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

We should all use Bogi as a unit of measurement.

For example, your ATO is one Bogi tall. My tank is roughly ten liquefied Bogis. :lol:

• Like 6
StinkyBunny

Fiji in 2 weeks Kat lady. ;) New supplier, stay tuned for more info. If The Solomon Islands shows up before then, I'll bring you a blue stag, I ain't holding my breath though.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Veng said:

I don't think I could afford a free tank.

As I spend more and more time with this hobby, I've come to realize that this is such a true statement. @_@

On 3/31/2017 at 2:19 PM, metrokat said:

He is on a hunger strike again since yesterday. :( 

:( Poor Bogi. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Veng said:

I don't think I could afford a free tank, but it would look great at my office. 

My wife saw I had posted on Facebook to try to win the free tank, and she pointed the same thing out to me.

Actually, she reminded me that I promised to build her a spice rack before any new fish tanks come into the house. So that means all I have to do to get a new tank is build a spice rack omgomgomg

My wife explained that my interpretation of the agreement was incorrect :lol:

• Like 11

Bogi had an annual vet visit today. His doctor has impeccable bedside manners and is very gentle. I've had my fair share of clinical aloof vets since I've had pets ever since I was a child so I really appreciate her. She never fails to let me know that for his age and the illnesses he has, that he is in great shape. He is super soft and his eyes are clear, he is clean, he doesn't smell and he is hydrated. It comforts me to know that my care makes a difference to his quality of life. I'll get his blood work back tomorrow but he is on an appetite stimulant and hopefully tomorrow he might get some joint pain meds too. He already has pain medication but I hesitate to give it to him when he doesn't eat as it makes him unsteady. He meowed up a storm and he has eaten since we got home so we are having a happy Friday. 

I'm going to look for for pet stairs so that he doesn't have to jump up on my bed with his arthritis.

• Like 12