Cultivated Reef

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

ReefNewby82

Kat...looks amazing as always.  love the drop off, i have one at work but tiny lol.  like how youve managed to use depth and height both...

1 hour ago, ReefNewby82 said:

Kat...looks amazing as always.  love the drop off, i have one at work but tiny lol.  like how youve managed to use depth and height both...

Thank you! Still have a ways to go but I think the general direction it is taking is good.

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Orange Passion SPS Progression June 2016

28488326882_c9ee1b0764_k.jpg

March 2017

32804448914_282ac8496e_b.jpg

Great growth and color! I feel better about the algae on my frag racks after seeing this close up :blush:

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Great growth and color! I feel better about the algae on my frag racks after seeing this close up :blush:

Slightly "dirty" tanks are the key to stunning acropora color and growth. :P

• Like 2
StinkyBunny

I got a beautiful yellow millie in that Bali Prop E shipment. I ought to go clean the glass and shoot some pics, but I screwed up my back and I'm outta commission tonight.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I got a beautiful yellow millie in that Bali Prop E shipment. I ought to go clean the glass and shoot some pics, but I screwed up my back and I'm outta commission tonight.

what happened!

StinkyBunny

Too many jumps, too old, too stupid when I was young, did firewood today, fell out of a helo......... All the dumb shit you did when you were younger comes back and gets you when you're older. I'd probably do it all again if given half a chance, lol. Jumping out of perfectly good aircraft is the most fun you can have with your clothes on and I did a lot of that.

• Like 4

I take it that was back in the day of rounds?

I hope you weren't trying to be a hero standing it up. Those things came in so hard and fast, you'd distroy your knees and ankles, plenty of hips and backs claimed by trying to stand up a landing.

Semi-elipticals land so nice. You barely notice you touched down, unless you are trying to swoop it in, that's a different story (and way more fun).

And who says you need clothes to skydive?

• Like 2
Pinner Reef
19 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Too many jumps, too old, too stupid when I was young, did firewood today, fell out of a helo......... All the dumb shit you did when you were younger comes back and gets you when you're older. I'd probably do it all again if given half a chance, lol. Jumping out of perfectly good aircraft is the most fun you can have with your clothes on and I did a lot of that.

May 13th I'll be crossing this off mah bucket list.

• Like 1

The tank is coming along beautifully Kat.

I hope the medical CBD oil comes through and works for Bogie. My ex and I had picked up a stray that ended up having feline leukemia, It is difficult watching an animal suffer. Other than the earing issues, Bogie looks bretty happy and healthy.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, Beer said:

I take it that was back in the day of rounds?

I hope you weren't trying to be a hero standing it up. Those things came in so hard and fast, you'd distroy your knees and ankles, plenty of hips and backs claimed by trying to stand up a landing.

Semi-elipticals land so nice. You barely notice you touched down, unless you are trying to swoop it in, that's a different story (and way more fun).

And who says you need clothes to skydive?

Most of mine were HALO jumps, I only did a few static jumps. Some of the LZs I hit you were in the middle of the shit and hot lining down takes it's toll when the brakes fail or your hands overheat. Doing it for fun is one thing, but when someone's trying to shoot you getting to cover takes on a whole new urgency and accidents happen. And there's no way in bloody hell I'm jumping sans clothes.

From your comment, I thought you were fun jumping. Not sure I'd want to be doing that being shot at. Altho I have been trying to talk people into picking up spme cheap ragged out gear and having a paintball fight at 10k. No takers for some reason :D.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Beer said:

The tank is coming along beautifully Kat.

I hope the medical CBD oil comes through and works for Bogie. My ex and I had picked up a stray that ended up having feline leukemia, It is difficult watching an animal suffer. Other than the earing issues, Bogie looks bretty happy and healthy.

Thank you. Bogi had a good week. He's been extra cute and cuddly. 

I find myself working in the tank and then come away with realizing I hardly did anything. :mellow:

• Like 4

Apollo has become JAWS. After messaging with Kenny @ POTO, Apollo is flashing and possibly changing into a super male. He appears almost black with a yellow body and puffs up like a baboon. He also changes his shape when he is Jaws mode. This guy is a proper transformer. It's quite fascinating to watch his theatrics - I'm quite entranced at the chance to witness his changes.

33533103262_97426a821b_b.jpg

• Like 8