ReefCleaners.org

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

I think there should be a FTS on every page!

And 29 pages in, this tank is already looking EPIC!

Appreciate your kind words. :wub:

Oh, whew! I have until page 29 to get my tank looking decent.

NOBODY POST IN THERE :P

ha! We need pictures lady. stat. Was the clown okay?

ha! We need pictures lady. stat. Was the clown okay?

Totally fine! The hammer hates my guts, though, and that freaky bacteria's still making the rounds. I really don't want to have to use an anti-bacterial in this tank, so I'm crossing my fingers that the damage stops with all the bacteria dosing I've been doing.

• Like 1

Totally fine! The hammer hates my guts, though, and that freaky bacteria's still making the rounds. I really don't want to have to use an anti-bacterial in this tank, so I'm crossing my fingers that the damage stops with all the bacteria dosing I've been doing.

In time the balance will work out, it's frustrating in the meantime I know. Between the skimmer and supplements it will get balanced soon hopefully.

• Like 1

but, but , but....my filter sock holder is a rectangle....... :wacko:

I have always thought a removable ring would have been the best improvement they could have done on filter socks.

Order the CPR ones off eBay and rock on. Those square socks are a pain in the ass with the broken edges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CPR-Pre-Filter-Sock-holder-4-Sock-It-4-Holder-only-NIB-/320652374656?hash=item4aa85ef280:g:BhgAAOxyp-BSLiBE

Also, really, who has photoshop?

I have lightroom or what the hell ever came with my camera, still can't use it, lol. Retouching a shitty picture is lazy!

• Like 1

Traded in the filefish and damsel for a new fishy poo!

Pics tomorrow if she comes out of hiding.

:ninja:

What did I get, any guesses?

I do. What are you trying to do?

Copy paste some corals along that top edge there, not to make it seem like a wall - just on that ledge part there

• Like 1

The thread was for my lonely Pistol shrimp. :huh:

Too late. You tore my heart out. On a Hallmark holiday, of all days!

Now I know how Ralph Wiggum felt when Lisa Simpson didn't love him...

• Like 2

The black piece of ABS is still in place but the sand gets in between the glass lip and the piece

32876623466_4efd6a1e61_k.jpg

So I'm thinking that unless it was glued all the way, a bit of glue to hold it in place may not help.

Stinky made me a black acrylic strip for there so that will be more substantial but I'm still not sure if sand will stay out.

I wanted to post up a review of the Reef Octopus socks. Yep- the socks. Bet you didn't know they made 'em.

If you recall my original sump was a RO which had a crack on the front seam that I was lucky enough to catch before I flooded my apartment. I kept the sock holder and socks, I wasn't sure what I would do with them but I can be a hoarder, so.

On my 20L sump I dremeled out some of the rim to fit various things like the ATO tubing holder and also this sock holder. The RO socks are really a bag - a fleece bag, 100 microns so it basically catched everything. The neat part is that it doesn't have a plastic rim that all the other socks have. It comes with a plastic ring which you thread onto the bags and drop them in the sock holder.

reefoctopusfiltersocks.jpg

I've never enjoyed washing socks as much! I'm serious. It's soft and easy to turn inside out. It squeezes/wrings out. I mean this thing is amazing! The 100 microns catch a lot so I have to change the sock far quicker than I did with the old 200 microns obviously but cleaning these is like night and day easier than the ol' plastic molded socks. Strongly recommend these for any sump that allows a sock. I think you could use it in pretty much any filter sock bracket.

. Where to buy?