Innovative Marine Aquariums

TheKleinReef

Phase 1 of the move has begun!

moving the mixing tank making 25g for tomorrow. Will bring as much water as possible but having extra on hand will be nice. 

tomorrow will be the day! Might set up a time lapse for fun 

DB4A6C59-A76B-4AAA-BE6F-109020B851C4.thumb.jpeg.9027edf60d84c73f2e6419c76ba9ccbc.jpeg

• Like 2
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd NUVO 75G - MOVING ADVENTURE
TheKleinReef

50D8B06A-3CC5-4B18-95E7-A7336C4EEE06.thumb.jpeg.21e36e1287dcb1bb05a13c4e16667ead.jpeg

sump is running. Currently running all the tubin and cables. Trident shelf is temporary until the mini bar cabinets are in. It’s finally up and operational. Now it’s all the cosmetics. 

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Alkalinity nose dived. Likely due to not dosing for a few days before and then moving and replacing 20g. Alk was 8.8 for a few months and last night it tested 7.5 -____- 

i upped it a bit and now it’s 8.0. Gonna wait a little bit before bringing it back up to 8.5-9.0. 

I only lost one acro which I’m honestly in shock over. I expected way more death. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Alkalinity nose dived. Likely due to not dosing for a few days before and then moving and replacing 20g. Alk was 8.8 for a few months and last night it tested 7.5 -____- 

i upped it a bit and now it’s 8.0. Gonna wait a little bit before bringing it back up to 8.5-9.0. 

I only lost one acro which I’m honestly in shock over. I expected way more death. 

is it mostly due to the additional saltwater being lower in alkalinity level, since you mentioned having to add a lot of new mixed volume?

TheKleinReef
4 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

is it mostly due to the additional saltwater being lower in alkalinity level, since you mentioned having to add a lot of new mixed volume?

I don’t see how it would have gone down that much. Since it was 8.8 and the freshly mixed sw tests at 7.5-7-7. Seems odd it would drop that much from a water change. I thought it was the trident being wonky but Hanna measured within 0.3 (which is normal, Hanna is always 0.3-0.5 higher) 

TheKleinReef

Well everything is moved, most of the cable management is done. It was quite the process. The move did throw the trident way off. I think the numbers are actually correct though as the Hanna and RS tests all came back pretty close. Magnesium is suppppper low at 1100. Not quite sure how that number dropped so much. I put in 100mL of ATI Elements: Magnesium to see if that makes a difference.

I only lost 2 things, the aquamarine stag from TSA (that almost died a few months ago but came back) and the nem ,I have no clue where the nem went. It's either in some hole somewhere or it melted. I know it's not just shriveled up from the move cause it was on the brink of death for months.

I have some aesthetic stuff to manage, but a lot of it I can't do until the mini-bar goes in, which won't be for a few months.

I decided to change some of the hard PVC out for flexible tubing (emergency drain & part of the return section) as well as cut out the 2 sections of the manifold I never decided to use. If I ever need another reactor, I'll get a dedicated pump and make a small manifold for it.

Overall process was good i'd say about a 8.8/10 in terms of how well it could have gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd 75 - All Moved!
TheKleinReef
10 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

congrats...it's always nice to have the system back up and running with minimal loss.  simplification of the setup is a bonus!

I had a pretty good system. Power was cut at 11:45, fish and rock was in by 5pm (with heaters in the display), finally the return pump was back online at 9:30.

Water temp was only 74 degrees when i put all the water back in the display. I should have made a lot more SW, but my RODI is soooooo slow at the new house. its about 3g per hour instead of 6.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I like these numbers better. I dosed some Ca this morning, so hopefully by 12:00 that number is up.

image.png.7d0085e4db1b446b4555ddf1b458a465.png

Mag is still a little low. but the ATI Magnesium takes "10mL per 100L to increase by 10mg/L"

so by that logic i'd have to dose 300mL lol. I was way under dosing.

• Like 1
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd 75
TheKleinReef

I’ll take these numbers. Alk already dropped 0.1 since Friday so imma assumed growth!!

and the pH staying above 8.2 is awesome. 

IMG_5895.thumb.jpeg.2100289b8af2e5dffc2f1da220a00b4e.jpeg

Trying to keep thinks at 

9.0 alk 

400-420 ca 

1300-1350 mag 

TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, ml86743 said:

Wish my pH would act like that...Glad the move went well!

Knowing me the pH probe needs calibrated and it’s actually not 8.2-8.3 lol

thanks! I had a pretty good system but did not expect to have to redo some plumbing and not have enough water 😬

• Like 2
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36