Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben
31 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Love this tank!

....and the Tile.

Thanks jack. Even in its neglected state is still my favorite. The more I seem to forget about it, the better it does.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jedimasterben said:

Decided to go ahead and pull the few corals and gorgonians out of the little tank and put them into this one. Four clusters of zoanthids, three ricordea, one St Thomas mushroom, and four gorgonians. Barely have the want to deal with one tank, much less two, so it's easier this way.

Tilefish and dispar anthias are both still doing well. Tilefish is eating pellets now and is coming out more, the anthias still likes to hide a lot, though eats whenever it sees anything float by.

Here is a cell pic showing the change, tank is cloudy from bubbles thanks to the skimmer overflowing from the epoxy.

35631489722_cc304b0f9c_h.jpg

This is really beautiful. 

I like it. 

A lot. 

:)

• Like 2
shaneandjohn

Wow Ben,

for someone who has stated they have been putting minimal effort in to their reef, it sure looks Great! 

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Thanks everyone. I still need to improve my shots with the DSLR and my tank, the photos just aren't quite the same as they were with my T2i. Shooting anything else seems to be about the same, but tank pics are darker and noisier. Blech.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!! :) I was away from the forum for awhile, I think the last tank I remember well was the 80 shallow. 

Beautiful tank! Love the softies and fish choices!

jedimasterben
On 7/16/2017 at 8:07 PM, Reefkid88 said:

How is it going Ben ?! Baby human and the tank still growing ? 

I'm actually doing pretty well the past week or so, but Ellie is getting too big!

35655005324_1db93aa310_h.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 0:22 PM, Tamberav said:

Congrats!! :) I was away from the forum for awhile, I think the last tank I remember well was the 80 shallow. 

Beautiful tank! Love the softies and fish choices!

Thanks tamber, I have been pretty picky about what I add to this tank. I actually got a desjardini tang a couple of weeks ago and it has been doing very well. Took to NLS herbivore pellets the second day I had it, so it seems to be doing well on those.

6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Ben, congrats on TOTM, I really love your tank!!!!

Thanks weetie!!

4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Sorry for the late congrats!!! omgomgomg:flower::haha:

Thank you kimber :flower:

• Like 7
jedimasterben
2 hours ago, markalot said:

Alright, TOTM.  Well deserved, super super happy about this.  Talk about sticking with it and nailing the landing. :) 

Thank you Mark, I really appreciate it. I finally did something right :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Paleoreef103

Hey Ben, 
   Haven't checked into Nano-reef in a while and when I pop up you've got the TOTM. Congrats! Your tank looks great!

• Like 1
jedimasterben
19 hours ago, Paleoreef103 said:

Hey Ben, 
   Haven't checked into Nano-reef in a while and when I pop up you've got the TOTM. Congrats! Your tank looks great!

Thank you! :)

18 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

what kind of leather is that all the way on the right? i need one lol ?

It is a Sarcophyton toadstool. Had it for a couple of years now, but it takes a long time for them to get to this size!

• 3 weeks later...

So my tank uses two Tunze 6055, which is advertised by Tunze as operating with a voltage input of 10-27v. Unfortunately, this is simply not the case - I have one IceCap and one Coral Box battery backup that output 12v. Both were fully charged before this skank Irma showed up. Power went off around 5PM on Sunday, and I expected with each Tunze 6055 drawing somewhere around 6-8 watts when on (they switch off and on with a pulse flow pattern) they should last at least 96 hours. We come home last night to check on the animals and I peek in at the tank and the water was ####ing still. ####.

Turns out the Tunzes do NOT work on 12v input power. The controller that is built-in does not even power on. Going to bitch at Tunze about that.

I then realized oh, I have an old Tunze 6095 in the closet that was before they added the controllers to them - that one would HAVE to work on 12v!! I plug it in, no dice, it also does not spin. WHAT THE ####.

I then pull out the big guns - a Gyre 150. This has to work. Once again, nope, the old model Gyre controllers need 24v input, the controller works on 12v but it cannot power the pump. ####BERRIES

Defeated, I left to head to my parents' house to get a shower and sleep. I only later remembered that I had an APC Smart-UPS 750 that I keep my computer plugged into that I had unplugged and power down before the storm. #### #### #### WHY

I went out this morning, but it was too late. All fish except for the five chromis are dead. :(

#### you Irma, you dirty skank.

• Sad 4