Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

[Fluconazole Vs Bryopsis] "We're getting out" FAIL- IM 25 Lagoon

lkoechle

3 minutes ago, charlesncharge said:

How is your skimmer doing? I have the same IM ghost (desktop) in my lagoon and had to shut my down yesterday! Noisy and grinding like crazy!! I clean it almost once a week and the grinding noise just keeps coming back!?

2 options-...

1-try to find a better pump, to replace the one in there or

2- figure out another (better) skimmer!?

Thoughts appreciated!

BTW your contest tank is looking good!!! Following along

Mine has never been grinding.  Have you taken apart the pump and looked inside? my main issue has been microbubbles with it.  

I have it shut off right now since I dont need it on with no fish. 

charlesncharge
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

Mine has never been grinding.  Have you taken apart the pump and looked inside? my main issue has been microbubbles with it.  

I have it shut off right now since I dont need it on with no fish. 

I have taken it apart, clean it out, etc....

I do have fine sand but when I clean it, I don't see anything in the shaft area!?

Not even sure I need it?? I am just use to running a skimmer! I just have a mating pair of maroons and a sixline with a rbta and gbta!?

3 minutes ago, charlesncharge said:

I have taken it apart, clean it out, etc....

I do have fine sand but when I clean it, I don't see anything in the shaft area!?

Not even sure I need it?? I am just use to running a skimmer! I just have a mating pair of maroons and a sixline with a rbta and gbta!?

Unless you have Coral like SPS I wouldn't really bother with it probably

• Like 1
charlesncharge
13 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Unless you have Coral like SPS I wouldn't really bother with it probably

Wanna buy a ghost skimmer? LOL

thanks for your help!

This:

beginnerspspack.jpg

And this:

branchingspspack.jpg

I just bough from @World Wide Corals.  Yeah.  Tuesday is going to be exciting and I think I need to rescape now...

Oh and I bought this awesome blue tort last week.  No filter, just under kitchen lights.  $20:

_bqc3Z64yQbWO7zPM-Bju0YeKwo5GM-VIe3ynW40

• Like 9
25 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Nice haul! Wow!

Yeah, now I think I need to rescape now or I don't know where they're gonna go.  None of my current stuff is glued (just shoved in good ol' reef-cleaners holes lol) so its a good time to move the rocks! lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lkoechle said:

This:

beginnerspspack.jpg

And this:

branchingspspack.jpg

I just bough from @World Wide Corals.  Yeah.  Tuesday is going to be exciting and I think I need to rescape now...

Oh and I bought this awesome blue tort last week.  No filter, just under kitchen lights.  $20:

_bqc3Z64yQbWO7zPM-Bju0YeKwo5GM-VIe3ynW40

Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in a sigh, soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie? The Coral Man. The Coral Man can. The Coral Man can  'cause he mixes it with love and Makes the world go round :P

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in a sigh, soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie? The Coral Man. The Coral Man can. The Coral Man can  'cause he mixes it with love and Makes the world go round :P

:lol:

Photo dump before coral-palooza tomorrow!  Woo! So Excited!  @skoechle's even working from home to help me get everything in the tank. He has a particular method for adding corals to the tank.  It's funny.  I do everything else with the tanks.  But if it involves coral getting cut, removed from the water, or added to the water, that's his domain and he likes it.

I changed my lighting intensity so we'll see how that goes.  The tank is still light on nutrients.  My ORA Plum Crazy lost its green tips as a result of that. I cannot wait to add fish in there to get those nitrates up.

FTS with new scape:

1JHsk1gDvKcICgk1MGjEzLZiL8XCMeAFo-smfZya

Side FTS from a couch, this new scape is much better viewing from the side than our previous:

_0WG9KVuNU2E2dqXC_u5ss0J18x_INpzYACxPHQR

Pretty acans:

vtWSczmrgATW90XUUG9dZdMiKre8v0CAXyMEkn0N

Bubblegum digi.  It's hard to see because of cameras/lighting, but the yellow is starting to come back.  I think I had it in too low of lights so the yellow faded.  Oh, and it had some necrosis so I superglued all that and that was a week ago and it's seems to have worked.  I don't know if it was in too high of flow or what.  But I moved it just to be safe:

Z9S5zlw1CPa_hRHDeeTrdIfjgLp7S2hFcLfdrXi4

Ponape Birdsnest and my $20 blue tort.  I really dig this tort.  It's so pretty and is either a deep blue or purple depending on the time of day and light:

m2kvDHejzdHKyJdCQNI-5cj9BNLe9rD3uUMLmmVZ

Fingers crossed for amazing photos tomorrow or the day after!

:D 

• Like 6

Exciting day today! And still more to come! So, not everything is in their final place.  This is "holding" if you will, until @skoechle gets off work and helps me cut the plugs and epoxy everything down.

So, probably no "official" FTS until tomorrow since I expect to not get the scaping done until after lights out.  (You know, kids and stuff).  corals with Orig after the name is marking them "pre-WWC shipment)

35044283380_17852e1160_c.jpg

35391840766_426bdbf95c_c.jpg

35391857056_28a9bc0070_c.jpg

@skoechle's coral methods.  Dip in CoralRX for 15 min, dip in Seachem ReefDip 15 min, rinse in a cup of tank water, and in the tank.

A couple corals broke in shipment, so we glued those on frag plugs.  The ORA neon birdsnest (1 frag) and the WWC Purple Polyp Birdsnest (2 frags).  They are slivers, but we've grown a rainbow monti colony from 2 polyps before.  After that, we don't throw any coral away unless its good and dead. lol

35391837446_c046417630_c.jpg

Not finished FTS.  lol  Still gotta figure where everything's going to go.

35391831906_66dfcbc733_c.jpg

WWC Purple Polyp Birdsnest, Tyree Pink Lemonade Acro and WWC Yoda Acro

35391821046_f74e2e4b14_c.jpg

WWC Yoda and blue tort (orig)

35391818376_5853eec48e_c.jpg

ORA Plum Crazy (orig), CB Pink Tip Acro and WWC Snowdrop Acro (not open yet)

35391815246_cd03932532_c.jpg

ORA Neon Birdsnest, WWC Snowdrop Acro (not open yet) and Bubblegum Digi (orig)

35391812506_56af31687b_c.jpg

ORA Neon Birdsnest (Tyree Rainbow Stylo closed in the background)

35391809086_1eea566c37_c.jpg

WWC Blueberry Fields Acro

34621464683_429bca9360_c.jpg

WWC Madman Austera

35301685711_4b5fa9cdfb_c.jpg

WWC Mint Green Stylophora and Tyree Rainbow Stylophora (to the right, I have two frags of that)  

There are a few not photographed and the positions aren't final.  But I'm excited!

Everything was well packaged and the frags were a great size (TBH, the pink lemonade is a little skimpy, but everything else are really nice sizes), I would definitely order from WWC again (probably a frag pack again because individually... :bling:)

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Exciting day today! And still more to come! So, not everything is in their final place.  This is "holding" if you will, until @skoechle gets off work and helps me cut the plugs and epoxy everything down.

So, probably no "official" FTS until tomorrow since I expect to not get the scaping done until after lights out.  (You know, kids and stuff).  corals with Orig after the name is marking them "pre-WWC shipment)

35044283380_17852e1160_c.jpg

35391840766_426bdbf95c_c.jpg

35391857056_28a9bc0070_c.jpg

@skoechle's coral methods.  Dip in CoralRX for 15 min, dip in Seachem ReefDip 15 min, rinse in a cup of tank water, and in the tank.

A couple corals broke in shipment, so we glued those on frag plugs.  The ORA neon birdsnest (1 frag) and the WWC Purple Polyp Birdsnest (2 frags).  They are slivers, but we've grown a rainbow monti colony from 2 polyps before.  After that, we don't throw any coral away unless its good and dead. lol

35391837446_c046417630_c.jpg

Not finished FTS.  lol  Still gotta figure where everything's going to go.

35391831906_66dfcbc733_c.jpg

WWC Purple Polyp Birdsnest, Tyree Pink Lemonade Acro and WWC Yoda Acro

35391821046_f74e2e4b14_c.jpg

WWC Yoda and blue tort (orig)

35391818376_5853eec48e_c.jpg

ORA Plum Crazy (orig), CB Pink Tip Acro and WWC Snowdrop Acro (not open yet)

35391815246_cd03932532_c.jpg

ORA Neon Birdsnest, WWC Snowdrop Acro (not open yet) and Bubblegum Digi (orig)

35391812506_56af31687b_c.jpg

ORA Neon Birdsnest (Tyree Rainbow Stylo closed in the background)

35391809086_1eea566c37_c.jpg

WWC Blueberry Fields Acro

34621464683_429bca9360_c.jpg

WWC Madman Austera

35301685711_4b5fa9cdfb_c.jpg

WWC Mint Green Stylophora and Tyree Rainbow Stylophora (to the right, I have two frags of that)  

There are a few not photographed and the positions aren't final.  But I'm excited!

Everything was well packaged and the frags were a great size (TBH, the pink lemonade is a little skimpy, but everything else are really nice sizes), I would definitely order from WWC again (probably a frag pack again because individually... :bling:)

omgomgomgomgomgomg

Just gonna leave this here.

wwc blueberry fields and cb pink tips.  awwwwweeeeesome :wub::wub:

20170621_084526.thumb.jpg.c11477aeb5dad2665701d72fe0e804b9.jpg

We are still gluing things down.  So no new FTS yet, but we will finish tonight!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Just gonna leave this here.

wwc blueberry fields and cb pink tips.  awwwwweeeeesome :wub::wub:

20170621_084526.thumb.jpg.c11477aeb5dad2665701d72fe0e804b9.jpg

We are still gluing things down.  So no new FTS yet, but we will finish tonight!

That flourescence!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming soon to a QT in my bedroom! :D

(oh amd cardinals got bumped off the list.  this beauty came up and I was like 'gotta have her')

IMG_20170703_141527.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

She is beautiful!

Thanks! I think her name should be Xena.  her markings seem very warrior ess lol

1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Very nice!!!

How are the new corals doing?

Awesome! the strawberry lemonade was actually two frags on 1 plug and they have fused together and almost everything else is starting to encrust.  everything has visible new growth.  They were all super healthy too, most stayed extended through acclimation and dipping.  I would def order from WWC again. great stuff.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, lkoechle said:

Thanks! I think her name should be Xena.  her markings seem very warrior ess lol

Awesome! the strawberry lemonade was actually two frags on 1 plug and they have fused together and almost everything else is starting to encrust.  everything has visible new growth.  They were all super healthy too, most stayed extended through acclimation and dipping.  I would def order from WWC again. great stuff.

I love Xena, so I totally approve of this name! :lol:

13 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

:lol: best post ever!

Very pretty!

10 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Super fancy shmancy betta, I like it!!!

she has stellar markings.  she 's pretty pale right now from stress :( So I am running to petsmart to get her a gake anemone for the qt.  i do know she was pulled from her nem this morning so i think being caught + transport has just stressed her a bit.  she was nice and black in her pics. so hopefully just stress.

But I can't wait for her to recover and destress so i can get the DSLR out and show her off :P

PS Does anyone want to look at my scape and brainstorm where to put a BTA? I wasnt planning on clowns! And she hosts! I gotta have a nem now! I love watching them love nems! Hrlp!

• Like 1