Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

TheCurriculum

astinus, nice brain. Be sure to feed it some of that thawed frozen goodness. Not hard to train them to be active while u r feeding everything else. Your gonna love the AI, at least I do mine. I turn the storm mode on an hour or so a day when I get home. as it's just neat to have the random lighting and dimming

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously have a better job than me

Definately not. I am a 27 year old, single, no kids guy. I am a department manager for a big box pet store.

Definately not. I am a 27 year old, single, no kids guy. I am a department manager for a big box pet store.

LOL! I just quit my retail management job. Couldn't take Corporate america anymore!

:o:scarry::bling::bling: HOLY SHEEP CHIT BATMAN!!! They're freaking NUTS! I Tell ya!

http://sexycorals.com/Sexy_LPS.html

Why so damned expensive?

Wow that almost seems like a joke. Those prices are sooo outdated on a lot of items and were never worth that much to begin with. That being said stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay so someone somewhere must be buying this crap. Don't get me wrong I am all about designer pieces but not that horribly overpriced.

"Rising Sun Chalice" Their price and frag $750

NsJyV1A.jpg

Pretty much the same coral - Price and frag $150 (photo color sucks but trust me its the same :D. Red with yellow stripes)

ZXHJeuP.jpg

I really love the movement and height gorgonians give to a tank! Here's a closeup of my bottlebrush gorgonian:

T4M2cMY.jpg

And one of my hermits climbing on the corky finger:

PIEyIFj.jpg

Loqhhe6.jpg

Stella, what are you using to get such detailed pics? So beautiful.

Wow that almost seems like a joke. Those prices are sooo outdated on a lot of items and were never worth that much to begin with. That being said stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay so someone somewhere must be buying this crap. Don't get me wrong I am all about designer pieces but not that horribly overpriced.

"Rising Sun Chalice" Their price and frag $750

NsJyV1A.jpg

Pretty much the same coral - Price and frag $150 (photo color sucks but trust me its the same :D. Red with yellow stripes)

ZXHJeuP.jpg

Yes, I often wonder how much is creative photography and photoshop in some of those "designer" coral ads. Some of them seem very un-natural to me.

I try to not get into the high priced stuff but every once in a while......I think the most I have spent is 150 a polyp for a zoa but not have 4 heads so price is going down :lol: And yes some photos are so over developed it is nuts......

TheCurriculum

Austin auqua farms calls it a razzle dazzle shroom.

Going after the green theme so this will fit in nicely

https://austinaquafarms.com/product/razzle-dazzle-mushroom-4/

The bright green coral just pop for me at a distance. I step into my room and the brain and green star polyps just stand out. $55 shipped so I am ok with price. Not a shroom I have seen before now, been eyeballing it on there site for a couple weeks. I am going to blame this thread for my purchase :) just have to keep the revolution going

I try to not get into the high priced stuff but every once in a while......I think the most I have spent is 150 a polyp for a zoa but not have 4 heads so price is going down :lol: And yes some photos are so over developed it is nuts......

The most I've spent on one coral is $125 for a blasto colony :blush: but I do love it!! Other than that, most things I have are all either inexpensive or trades. Apparently my motto is quantity over quality :lol:

Not saying that cheap corals are not quality corals. I love my weeds :) but since I have coral purchasing issues, the statement made me laugh.

Stella, what are you using to get such detailed pics? So beautiful.

Yes, I often wonder how much is creative photography and photoshop in some of those "designer" coral ads. Some of them seem very un-natural to me.

I'm just using my iPhone 6 for photos. I'm too lazy to figure out the "real" camera :D

(And thanks Penny)

I really love the movement and height gorgonians give to a tank! Here's a closeup of my bottlebrush gorgonian:

T4M2cMY.jpg

So pretty, Stella!! :o How tall does it get, is it photosynthetic, and have you ever fragged it before? ;)

So pretty, Stella!! :o How tall does it get, is it photosynthetic, and have you ever fragged it before? ;)

Hi Antsy!!! This particular one is about 12-14 inches tall actually. It is photosynthetic! I have not fragged this particular one but gorgonians are pretty easy to frag.

Are they nice or aggressive? What kind are they? Still coral newb.

It's a gorgonian. They aren't particularly agressive.

Hi Antsy!!! This particular one is about 12-14 inches tall actually. It is photosynthetic! I have not fragged this particular one but gorgonians are pretty easy to frag.

It's a gorgonian. They aren't particularly agressive.

Wow, they get big! So to frag it you'd just snip a branch off the top? I might have to start looking around for some gorg frags now :happy:

Wow, they get big! So to frag it you'd just snip a branch off the top? I might have to start looking around for some gorg frags now :happy:

I'll probably have to frag some soon so I'll keep you posted! KP aquatics also has great prices on gorgs and they offer nano sizes

I'll probably have to frag some soon so I'll keep you posted! KP aquatics also has great prices on gorgs and they offer nano sizes

Please do, I'd love a frag :) Is KPA where you got that gorg? (Also I'm gonna need more sargassum and that cotton candy macro :P)

Please do, I'd love a frag :) Is KPA where you got that gorg? (Also I'm gonna need more sargassum and that cotton candy macro :P)

Actually - I got this particular one from Live Aquaria! Also live-plants has some nice gorgs too.

Well my sargassum is small at the moment as I trimmed a bit too much! But hopefully soon. And my Mexican turbos ate my whole bush of cotton candy in one night. I mistakenly left it in the DT and boom. Gone the next day.

Actually - I got this particular one from Live Aquaria! Also live-plants has some nice gorgs too.

Well my sargassum is small at the moment as I trimmed a bit too much! But hopefully soon. And my Mexican turbos ate my whole bush of cotton candy in one night. I mistakenly left it in the DT and boom. Gone the next day.

Oh, cool! I like the purple sea rod from KPA! I hope live-plants restocks on some of their macros soon, their selection's low right now. And aw man, that's terrible :( Wish I hadn't lost the clippings you sent me, I could've sent some back to you :lol:

Oh, cool! I like the purple sea rod from KPA! I hope live-plants restocks on some of their macros soon, their selection's low right now. And aw man, that's terrible :( Wish I hadn't lost the clippings you sent me, I could've sent some back to you :lol:

Yeah that sea rod is cool!!! I also like the knobby sea rods!

I'm hoping to get some more cotton candy when live plants gets some in! I really love that macro. Apparently my turbos did too!

Yeah that sea rod is cool!!! I also like the knobby sea rods!

I'm hoping to get some more cotton candy when live plants gets some in! I really love that macro. Apparently my turbos did too!

Haha the knobbys are crazy looking!

I wanna try to get some bryothamnion and c. barbata from em once they're in stock. Hope you can restock on the gibessi :)

Haha the knobbys are crazy looking!

I wanna try to get some bryothamnion and c. barbata from em once they're in stock. Hope you can restock on the gibessi :)

Yeah, I've been checking for when he gets barbata in! That stuff is so pretty.

Archived