ReefWeeds

Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

Recently, FlowerMama started a Leather coral thread (click here for the thread) that has been such a joy to follow. I have found it so much fun to see others get enjoyment out of leather corals that I thought it would be beneficial for other softie lovers to have a place to showcase their soft, flowy, willowy-focused reefs. Lawn and I were talking about starting a thread that would focus on softy, gorg, macro, and LPS reefs and boom. Here we are and here is the thread!

So, if your build has a lot of movement, either from soft corals, leather corals, gorgonians, macro algae or LPS (or even a mix of all of those), post it up! We all want to see the photos. Here are a few builds here that I think are perfect examples of beautiful reefs with lots of movement. Also, if you're looking to sell, trade or looking for a specific soft coral, gorgonian, etc., check out this thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/371789-fsftlf-leathers-softies-and-gorgs/#entry5291213

Great article from Reefbuilders on softie tanks. Thanks Ninja! https://reefbuilders.com/2015/03/23/amazing-aquariums-soft-coral-display-corral-hypnotic-trance/

Zia's softie cube - gorgonians, macros, soft corals of all sorts

Dawn's Seahorse Garden - Softies, gorgs, macros and beautiful ponies

Gena's Pastel Garden - LPS, soft corals, leathers, gorgonians

Polarcollision's Dwarf Seahorse Abode: Dwarf seahorses, custom made BBS hatchery, macros, softies, gorgs

Felicia's Diver's Predator Paradise: LPS, clams, softies, leathers, gorgonians, some SPS

Lawn's Reefer (the BABBR): Sponges, gorgs, softies, LPS, BTAs

Yoshii's Macro and Gorgonian reef: gorgs and macros and stuff

Yoshii's Mini Macro Pico: Macros, leathers and more

FlowerMama's Nameless and Shameless build: Macros, soft corals, flowy things

Dpolt's Mixed Reef build: LPS, polyps and more

GTI's 10 Gallon NUVO Fusion Build: Softies, gorgonians, LPS

JamesCStein's LPS and Leather reef: Leathers, softies and LPS corals

East1's Mangrove Forest Peninsula: Softies, Mangroves and Gorgs

Sunstar's Nemesis: Softies, LPS, rock flower nem and more!

Got2Envy's Episode M: LPS, Softies, gorgs, polyps, movement!

Wawawang's 70 gallon beauty: Softies, gorgs, LPS, clams

Sharbuckle's Euphyllia garden: Euphyllia focused build with other stuff too

Stella's Box o weeds: Macro and gorgonian focused build

Stella's 66: Softie, LPS and gorgonian focused build

Fish freak's BC 29 build: LPS, some SPS, softies and gorgonians

Astinus's Build: Softies and movement

PJanssen's Penny's Lane build: Softies, gorgonians, LPS

Antsy's 7.5 Gallon Build: Macros, softies, LPS and cute little fish

I would like to add to this list and I'm sure I'm missing some awesome builds. So post up your photos and let me know if you want me to add your tank to this index :)

Also, if you have additional links that you think should be posted up here (information on different types of soft corals, care, vendors, other information), post it in this thread and I'll add to this post so we can all have an index of sorts.

Some softie-focused reef videos:

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AKA

THE NEW LOUNGE :rolleyes:

I can't figure out how to link that instagram stuff. I's a dummy when it comes to that stuff.

Mine might meet the criteria, on my mobile at the moment but I'll pop a link down when I remember

Yours totally does! how'd I forget???

Those are some nice videos there!

I will say the one thing I do like about the softies is not much coral warfare and you can pack them in the tank. Oh dear am I turning towards the dark side :blink:

I KNEW we would convert you to a weed lover :)

By no means is mine awesome but here is mine http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/355218-jamess-coralife-bc29/, LPS, Leathers. My massive duncan sways hypnotically at you.

I will add to the top post! Thanks James!

I KNEW we would convert you to a weed lover :)

Next thing you know I will get a clownfish :o Where is RTF I need an intervention :lol:

Next thing you know I will get a clownfish :o Where is RTF I need an intervention :lol:

I have a black one named NEO , got him a couple years back from an old forum member that banished him to the sump.

Or the SPS Haters Club :lol:

Ive honestly never seen the appeal in sps. Sure there are tanks that look great with sps, I just have a feeling that if sps were easy to keep and cheap, they wouldn't be nearly as popular.

Ive honestly never seen the appeal in sps. Sure there are tanks that look great with sps, I just have a feeling that if sps were easy to keep and cheap, they wouldn't be nearly as popular.

I am not a huge fan of SPS but there are certain ones that I do like. Ever since I got into saltwater years ago I have always liked the green slimmer :lol: I am just a simple reefer ;)

I have a black one named NEO , got him a couple years back from an old forum member that banished him to the sump.

I did have a pair of black and white clowns years ago. I got tired of the female biting me every time I cleaned the tank of moved a frag around.....

I did have a pair of black and white clowns years ago. I got tired of the female biting me every time I cleaned the tank of moved a frag around.....

I get bit daily

My female clown jumped literally 2" out of the water and bit my hand last week.

Clownfish are just evil :lol:

Holy cow Bryan. Gorgeous tank. I can't even tell all what's in there but your greens really stand out which I love & dif shades of pink, melon, etc. What a beauty. Wait, a different video, you have light blues too. What are the greens and blues?

Holy cow Bryan. Gorgeous tank. I can't even tell all what's in there but your greens really stand out which I love & dif shades of pink, melon, etc. What a beauty.

That is one of my favorite tanks - but not Bryan's masterpiece. He wishes it was his tank though :) Isn't it gorgeous?

Well, even if it's not his tank it's gorgeous. I'd love to be able to do that.

Me too. Some of the videos are amazing!

Holy cow Bryan. Gorgeous tank. I can't even tell all what's in there but your greens really stand out which I love & dif shades of pink, melon, etc. What a beauty. Wait, a different video, you have light blues too. What are the greens and blues?

Like Stella said - Not mine

I just felt it belonged in this thread

Archived