ReefWeeds

Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

Always been a softie fan, they look nice up close as everything moves around. You don't have to mess with them daily. You can feed a lot or just every now and than. Family, work and life prevent me from messing with more tedious regiments on tank. Keep it easy, keep it soft :)

Lots of Really Nice tanks in this thread!!!!!

New AI Prime light (two weeks). Video looks like crap on cell phone.

th_VID_20160412_183035325_zpsgiw30qxz.jp

Note. Been a while since I have posted. My bad for blowing up post in thread.

It's ok. We like TNT!

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCurriculum

Always nice when a LFS actually has bright clean maintained sand and a few theme'ish tanks. Some just don't care, looks like they do.

TheCurriculum

My wife just sent me a few pic of tank! Love that she humors me and my hobbies., nice unexpected mid day text. When the brain puffs up he has great movement. Usually a nasario just found a piece of shrimp and stirred up some slurry in the flow when he puffs up.

8497_zpszpicav8s.jpeg

Hammers move around nicely

8500_zpshpmutbrf.jpeg

This is one of the most interesting tanks I've seen. Are brains mean?

brains are not generally aggressive, but all corals have tentacles that can sting other corals if too close.

jedimasterben

:lol: so are you telling me it's going to die and that's why it's that color?!?

It's very badly bleached, so it will hopefully not be white for long, so if you bought it because it's white, then you're gonna be sad :)

It's very badly bleached, so it will hopefully not be white for long, so if you bought it because it's white, then you're gonna be sad :)

I loved the BZZZZZ :) Nah, I bought it because it wasn't green actually and I liked the shape :)

BB FTW!!!!

My wife just sent me a few pic of tank! Love that she humors me and my hobbies., nice unexpected mid day text. When the brain puffs up he has great movement. Usually a nasario just found a piece of shrimp and stirred up some slurry in the flow when he puffs up.

8497_zpszpicav8s.jpeg

Hammers move around nicely

8500_zpshpmutbrf.jpeg

Girlfriend sends me "updates" with pictures when something changes or we add something new. Love getting them, especially when she refers to the nassarius as "dick noses"

TheCurriculum

Sharbuckle, I truly did just lol ...about the snails. All trac brains will go puffy. Before I feed I melt the frozen little shrimps in a bowl with a little tank water. I drop some of the shrimp water into the tank about 3 minutes before the feed. The brain starts puffing up and holding his tentacles out. He now does it anytime a nasarias pushes a missed piece of shrimp around, he is waiting for his share. Thing must have 5 mouths now, take turns feeding them (I know they are all connected, it is just more fun this way)

I super glued the torches base to the top of the rock with it leaning towards the front of tank. If I didn't the giant HOB reef octopus skimmer return covers them.

In general I love brains and them move around a lot and will eat just about anything. It is a snail slayer. Hmm I don't see all my snails ... Wait two days .. Look the brain spit out another shell

Same brain shrinking up as the AI Prime simulates sunset.

Edit just took this pic. Same brain in tank pic puffed out now getting ready for sleep

IMG_20160413_210502867_zpsr6ywyzib.jpg

20 minutes later from pic above (just took this. He was lopsided so I pushed his skeleton back into the sand bed

IMG_20160413_212224325_zpsyz5rfur4.jpg

TheCurriculum

If u have a trac brain, oh do start feeding it. First dozen feeds with pumps off you will have to fight the snails off. As it keeps losing the grub it will start to open its mouth and swell faster to get the grub.

Anyone else like the way brains move or is it just me :)

Same brain, layed back and chill in under the AI sun.

IMG_20160405_193932936_zpseu4uznxb.jpg

I don't know of any other coral that can change the way it looks in the tank like a trac. Pretty neat to always have a new view in the tank. A green brain was the show piece in my 3g. This brain will be the focal point of this tank or the final corner tank it will go into

Anyone else sporting trac brains in there softie tanks?

Well picked these up last week............and a few have now doubled so Stella gets a few frags :lol:

Fiji IMG_1745.jpg

Green polyped finger leather or who knows what it really is.....IMG_1744.jpg

Then this guy......IMG_1746.jpg

Well picked these up last week............and a few have now doubled so Stella gets a few frags :lol:

Fiji IMG_1745.jpg

Green polyped finger leather or who knows what it really is.....IMG_1744.jpg

Then this guy......IMG_1746.jpg

I converted you :)

Not sure........I just like the fact that there is no coral warfare :lol:

Well, me too for sure! There can be some when the leathers shed - but I think mostly with SPS and then I think you're going to keep your SPS in another tank so you should be good :) Felicia indicated that colt corals can fight with other soft corals though. But over all, I haven't seen any warfare with my softies and my LPS and/or gorgs - yet :)

Well not sure on another tank.....if I can get a decent deal and sell the Versa................

Well, let's see. You have the versa, the 20 & the beater -

you can do the versa and the 20 :)

Well, let's see. You have the versa, the 20 & the beater -

you can do the versa and the 20 :)

Well I want BIGGER........... :lol:

Archived