Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

25520978133_aa0c6cb226.jpgFavor & Long Lash Pink Zoa by Penny, on Flickr

I know the favia is not a softie, but I bought it for $8 as a "mystery" coral. And it was the best picture I had of the Zoas.

My favorite. Hubby thinks it looks fake.

25518843424_1b02c47dae.jpgTube Anemone by Penny, on Flickr

Purple Death Palythoa- the upgrade from the purple Palys

26097812286_4d63d0de6c.jpgChalice & Purple Death by Penny, on Flickr

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25520978133_aa0c6cb226.jpgFavor & Long Lash Pink Zoa by Penny, on Flickr

I know the favia is not a softie, but I bought it for $8 as a "mystery" coral. And it was the best picture I had of the Zoas.

My favorite. Hubby thinks it looks fake.

25518843424_1b02c47dae.jpgTube Anemone by Penny, on Flickr

That's ok! Doesn't need to be a softie! Wow, those look awesome!!!

And I read it as "my favorite Hubby" rather than "my favorite. Hubby thinks...."

And I thought how many hubbies do you have? :)

That's ok! Doesn't need to be a softie! Wow, those look awesome!!!

And I read it as "my favorite Hubby" rather than "my favorite. Hubby thinks...."

And I thought how many hubbies do you have? :)

roflmao!

And just because...Almost as cutie as Gertie :P Ok not. But he serves a purpose

26121401675_87d487846f.jpgBerghia Nudibranch by Penny, on Flickr

I have berghias in my 66 at the moment. They really are cute, aren't they? They've done an amazing job eradicating all the aiptasia! I was completely shocked!

Haven't been able to get a good picture of the blue mushrooms, the other zoanthids, or the toadstool yet. Maybe tomorrow

Stella, what do the berghia eat after the aiptaisia are gone. I heard they pretty much die, which makes me sad, but...

Guess I should put all of this on my build thread too? This thread is so much more fun!.

Oh yeah. And the Duncan. Need a better picture of the duncan.

Since unfortunately, it didn't work out to sell my Hammers to Astinus this past weekend, I took them out and put them in a 5 gallon bucket with a circulation pump and some basic LED lights until I an figure out with to do with them. Any ideas on how long they should be okay without filtration?

Seems like everyone had better luck w/ the berghies than me. Maybe mine were eaten. I didn't have a lack of them when my 34 was up.

Excited to watch this white and green stargazer pipe organ take shape and grow.

26031101402_73d8aed62a.jpgStar Gazer Pipe Organ by Penny, on Flickr

Just like I thought, looks just like the pic and I want to get some since I already have the white pipe organ.

Since unfortunately, it didn't work out to sell my Hammers to Astinus this past weekend, I took them out and put them in a 5 gallon bucket with a circulation pump and some basic LED lights until I an figure out with to do with them. Any ideas on how long they should be okay without filtration?

Hmmm, I wonder if this could be a solution for filtration...

Can ya put them in, say, a 5 gal Tank and use a HOB Filter?

Hmmm, I wonder if this could be a solution for filtration...

Can ya put them in, say, a 5 gal Tank and use a HOB Filter?

not going to buy a 5 gallon tank. Nowhere to keep it. But not a bd idea

Hmm.. Round bucket. Square HOB...You don't think they'll be ok until the weekend when i can get to LFS?

Just put a piece of dirty floss in the bucket or a piece of live rock. Put in a small power head and a beater if needed. They should be fine

Missed this! I think they will be fine!

Haven't been able to get a good picture of the blue mushrooms, the other zoanthids, or the toadstool yet. Maybe tomorrow

Stella, what do the berghia eat after the aiptaisia are gone. I heard they pretty much die, which makes me sad, but...

Guess I should put all of this on my build thread too? This thread is so much more fun!.

No, they don't eat anything else except aiptasia but once your aiptasia population is gone, you can most likely trade them in for credit at a LFS or sell to another reefer. They're in pretty high demand!

Archived