ReefWeeds

Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

It would be cool to make a scene, by a lake, you'd have bare bottom for the water and had some pebbles around the lake, maybe some boulders and lots of trees. That would actually be a cool contest, see who wins over a year time with their nature scene. You see all those cool freshwater design contests.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could have the space ship enterprise, a monti that's plating out. And someone can make a tribble out some gsp, I dunno, I know people are creative and you'd really have to have knowledge of scaping, growth rates,pruning, etc. Could be something weird and crazy to do starting Jan 1st.

K thats cool! Awesome tank, you still have it?

Yes I still have the tank, as the coral grew though, I had to part ways with the minimalist aquascape.

This is a picture of the same tank currently.

RWEm85J.jpg?1

Q85hx79.jpg

As you can see, they are completely different in their aquascapes and I like them both for different reasons.

I see one, way in the back left side! They look so different, a side by side, you wouldn't believe they were the same tank.

Hammerstone

Yes I still have the tank, as the coral grew though, I had to part ways with the minimalist aquascape.

This is a picture of the same tank currently.

RWEm85J.jpg?1

Q85hx79.jpg

As you can see, they are completely different in their aquascapes and I like them both for different reasons.

beautiful tank!!

yes, my Zoaknapper! There is not enough super glue on the planet to keep him from doing it. The Zoas aren't on anything so I'm afraid to pry them off of the urchin to put them back where they belong. He's like my mother-in-law, a big ole' pack rat!

(Giggle)how do they do it? It's not like they have hands?

Oh but they do B)

They use their little tube feets, they're all over.

Hammerstone

OMG that is hilarious!!! He's so determined!!! He's all, they can't see me now!!! I'm in camo.

For his ransom he wants all unmarked bills, no funny stuff, and a helicopter! ?

Oh but they do B)

They use their little tube feets, they're all over.

oh I didn't know that. That's so cool!!! Difficult to shake hands lol, which one?
TheCurriculum

10g softie tank. Bubble tip which is starting to split, big green brain, green star polyps, green Ric's and multiple zoàwith a green goby that hangs out in the brain, green torch. Note I am building a green foundation and will now fill in with more zoa and other colorful softies. I feed the brain, bubble tip and rhodactis shroom 2 to 4 times a week.

IMG_20160412_092853_zpsfrsh4odr.jpg

IMG_20160320_110856465_zpscyexh99r.jpg

The brain is not fully extend as I moved all the rocks around to give home the sand bed.

IMG_20160403_135850218_zpsgyvhz8cf.jpg

IMG_20160405_193838010_zpscacbhym5.jpg

IMG_20160405_193842073_zpsrykmddeu.jpg

TheCurriculum

PJanssen,

Pretty cool watching it split. Started as a small gap, and I thought something was wrong. Week later there are a bunch of little nubby tentacles. It is still slowly working towards its mouth and generating little legs. It started to split soon after I bought it and it crawled into its current hidy hole. This guy has only been in my tank for a month and goobles up food every time my daughter or I hand feed. I hand feed.. It's 10g and it's neat to have the mushroom and bubble tip yank the food from your finger tips the brain has eaten at least 15 snails in the past year. The brain Skelton has doubled in size since I got it and it just looks neat moving around in the current.

Better pic of new tentacles

IMG_20160403_175917186_zpsn5xufvoq.jpg

If you look up a few post you will only see the beginning of separation. This pic is two weeks later. :)

TheCurriculum

Always been a softie fan, they look nice up close as everything moves around. You don't have to mess with them daily. You can feed a lot or just every now and than. Family, work and life prevent me from messing with more tedious regiments on tank. Keep it easy, keep it soft :)

Lots of Really Nice tanks in this thread!!!!!

New AI Prime light (two weeks). Video looks like crap on cell phone.

th_VID_20160412_183035325_zpsgiw30qxz.jp

Note. Been a while since I have posted. My bad for blowing up post in thread.

Archived