ReefWeeds

Softies, Gorgs, LPS  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Leathers only
    • Softies including leathers
    • Gorgonians
    • LPS

Is my mushroom eating something, or something eating my mushroom? And what is it?25892088163_327770f972.jpggreen mushroom by Penny, on FlickrI tried to suction it out with my feeder, but all it did was curl up

Don't suction it out. It's mesenteril filaments - corals use them to fight other corals. Is it near another coral?

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a tube anemone

That could be it! can you move the mushie to another location or is it attached to the rock there?

TheCurriculum

Nice little softie tank....

On the shroom has there been any new additions to tank (or is this new)

I have had a ricordia get P.O. and did something similar but didn't look quite like that, but did have gut type stuff out till I moves it away from the Galaxy coral in my old tank

Saw this on ReefBuilders today about soft corals. Reminded me of you guys and gals.

I'm not only in love with the softies but holy cow those fish choices!!! Look at em! :wub::flower:

two tiny baby foxfaces

omg little tobacco basslets

and that leopard wrasse!

and a GIANT pearl bubble coral? :bowdown:

I'm having a cuteness meltdown! omgomgomg

I'm not only in love with the softies but holy cow those fish choices!!! Look at em! :wub::flower:

two tiny baby foxfaces

and that leopard wrasse!

makes me want to get a baby foxface too but LFS always carry big ones only.

jedimasterben

makes me want to get a baby foxface too but LFS always carry big ones only.

Depends on the time of year. They're available usually early winter as 'tiny' sizes, I've seen some that were barely 1.5" long!

That could be it! can you move the mushie to another location or is it attached to the rock there?

attached to base rock, but i can move the anemone. It's back to normal now and doesn't look any worse for the wear so i think I'm going to just keep an eye on it for now

Nice little softie tank....

On the shroom has there been any new additions to tank (or is this new)

I have had a ricordia get P.O. and did something similar but didn't look quite like that, but did have gut type stuff out till I moves it away from the Galaxy coral in my old tank

shroom is one of the oldest corals in the tank (3+ years). Added two new favia frags, a shrimp and an emerald crab yesterday, but none of that is near it. Stella suggested the tube anemone that is near it but that has been there for several weeks. IDK. just going to watch. If it happens again I will move the anemone

two tiny baby foxfaces

and that leopard wrasse!

:lol:

Depends on the time of year. They're available usually early winter as 'tiny' sizes, I've seen some that were barely 1.5" long!

That's not very BB of you, BB :) Fox faces are really cute fish I think.

Saw this on ReefBuilders today about soft corals. Reminded me of you guys and gals.

https://reefbuilders.com/2015/03/23/amazing-aquariums-soft-coral-display-corral-hypnotic-trance/

This is awesome! i think it needs to go in the first post index :) Thanks Ninja!

Our cats love watching the tank. I put a little cat post right by the tank and Mac will spend hours just sitting there watching the fish. Cracks me up!

H9zFpWU.jpg

That's the largest grouping, and stunning grouping, of grandis palys ever that I've seen. I can't wait to see mine again under better lighting soon!!!

This thread needs more photos :) Post 'em up!

stereonepthia

k0wj4Ky.jpg

Fox coral and chromis:

9WesxuU.jpg

Random shot:

QQrpygX.jpg

Another picture of the tank from that video that I took at that store a couple of weeks ago!

4MoFFrN.jpg

WAIT! that was your video???? I didn't even realize! Got any more I should post on the index?? Very cool.

WAIT! that was your video???? I didn't even realize! Got any more I should post on the index?? Very cool.

LOL no it's not my video but that place is 5 mins from where I live so I take pictures there all the time!

The store also has a Clownfish that looks like it has a money symbol on its side! It's a pretty awesome LFS.

3uKZyxW.png

Archived