Pod Your Reef

Leather is for Lovers Thread!

FlowerMama

I have a few of them on the way as I type this. I finally got the tank squared away last night so I can shoot some pics tonight. Fiji stuff comes in ready to go, best leathers I've ever seen.

So what all kinds of leathers and softies can we get from you, SB?

StinkyBunny

Guess it makes sense, people who live near a coast are paying extremely fair prices. FL and CT your prices are wonderful.

The closer you are to a port of entry will make prices lower. New York and LA are the cheapest for prices.

• Like 2

Purdy frag Lotus.

Thats not a frag...

This is the frags:

IMG_2646_zps4tneebxq.jpg

:D

How big is it? 2"? and where did you buy it?

When she opens up she is about 3-5".

I purchased it from a LFS in my area and they have not had any for a long time.

• Like 2

Thats not a frag...

This is the frags:

IMG_2646_zps4tneebxq.jpg

When she opens up she is about 3-5".

I purchased it from a LFS in my area and they have not had any for a long time.

I am curious, how do you make frags of things like toadstools?

Ask Gena, she cut mine, but i think you just cut a piece off and that's it really. Maybe put it in a little Revive or Coral Rx and let it heal before shipping I suppose..

Ask Gena, she cut mine, but i think you just cut a piece off and that's it really. Maybe put it in a little Revive or Coral Rx and let it heal before shipping I suppose..

Just for future reference. - thanks.

• Like 1
Needreefunds

Pretty much it really. The last time I made a bunch I basically cut around the perimeter creating a doughnut like piece. Then snipped that into smaller frags. Tie them to your plugs or rubble and keep them in decent flow. Give them time to heal and attach. In a couple weeks they round out and look purdy. :)

Thats not a frag...

This is the frags:

IMG_2646_zps4tneebxq.jpg

jedimasterben

Doesn't really look like it. Sarcophytons will get all ruffly like that just because that's how they grow :)

When it does go to drop part of it off, it will get a white ring around it where the flesh bleaches and dies, the polyps will retract in that part, and it will start to pinch off.

Different genus (Sinularia), but same process:

IMG_2301.jpg

• Like 3

Doesn't really look like it. Sarcophytons will get all ruffly like that just because that's how they grow :)

When it does go to drop part of it off, it will get a white ring around it where the flesh bleaches and dies, the polyps will retract in that part, and it will start to pinch off.

Thanks. I've only seen this one be round so far so maybe it's only now starting to get ruffled? It's 6" long and 4" wide. It never spread out like that in my 34. It must like it in the 20g better than in Maiden's Voyage.

IMG_2301.jpg

I think htat is what my leather is. I found a bit that was breaking off, so I chose that when Iw as doing my rescue. It looks Just like that.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Thanks. I've only seen this one be round so far so maybe it's only now starting to get ruffled? It's 6" long and 4" wide. It never spread out like that in my 34. It must like it in the 20g better than in Maiden's Voyage.

Yes, small ones don't really ruffle at all. I've got one that is almost 6" across and it is just now starting to think about ruffles. :)

I think htat is what my leather is. I found a bit that was breaking off, so I chose that when Iw as doing my rescue. It looks Just like that.

Yes, it is a pretty common 'finger' leather. This one has dropped off over a dozen 'fingers' just since September.

• Like 2

IMG_2301.jpg

ooo! Yes, I would love a baby. Thanks Ben! :D

• Like 1