Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

What are your plans for the 230? Current tank looks great.

Well its full of livestock and coral. Some euphyllia with 80+ heads. Crazy good deal but the light broke so right now there is no light on the coral. Worried they might die.

Plan is to try to get as much coral out of it tommorrow and bring to lfs for credit to help buy new lights.

Im thinking a fish only system.

• Like 1

Well no 230g coming my way.

The lady who is selling said " the lights havent been on for a month so the corals are dormant"

Im assuming its a tank full of dead coral. Too bad because the pictures she posted look beautiful.

Was going to offset cost of tank by selling off some of the coral.

Oooooh well.

Well no 230g coming my way.

The lady who is selling said " the lights havent been on for a month so the corals are dormant"

Im assuming its a tank full of dead coral. Too bad because the pictures she posted look beautiful.

Was going to offset cost of tank by selling off some of the coral.

Oooooh well.

That is a really sad way to save $ on electricity... Sorry to hear it.

Gees. Everyone's goin large around here. I'd make the 230 a reef and turn the 65 into a seahorse tank.

Was going to go large but the deal is off.

Oh well. Gotta buy a new car anyway

Well my 15g tank that i've been saving for a frag tank is now turning into my girlfriends first reef! I of course will be doing all the water changes but i'm leaving it up to her to set it up, aquascape and stock the tank.

Bought her a 4 bulb t5 fixture today so she isn't limited to what kind of corals she wants to keep.

Ive got two nano koralias sittIng around and some extra live rock in the sump. Best part is that the rock and water will be from the 65 so she can start stocking almost instantly.

I think I shall start a new thread for fun :)

• Like 5

Hey that is cool that your girlfriend is going to be setting up a tank. I will be watching for the thread on it.

Super cool. Im really interested to see what she comes up with.

• Like 1

Well Mels first reef tank is getting wet tomorrow. Using ocean direct live sand, water from the 65g, as well as cured rock from the 65g.

Should be little to no cycle. We shall see!

She made an instagram to document the process and i'll keep you updated on this thread

• Like 4

Well yesterday I noticed the harlequin out and hunting all day long. Haven't seen asterinas in a few weeks so I scooped him up and traded to a friens for a tyree toadstool and a space monster zoanthid.

You did a great job harlequin. Thank you for your service.

• Like 3

Well Mels new tank is all set up and running like a charm. Added a few blue legs and she picked out her first fish. A bicolor blenny. The rock and water is out of the 65g along with some filter media so i'm expecting 0 cycle.

So many pods already from the rock being in my sump.

It was lots of fun picking out a fish eith her. After explaining which fish she can keep in this size tank the blenny came home.

Check her out on instagram!! 

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...