Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

12 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thanks! The scape as usual for me was a stack and pray type job. It worked out pretty awesome. My anemone has been at a friends since my 65 exploded so its the last piece of the puzzle. I hear it's humongous now. I hope it doesn't cause any aggression between the clowns. 

I am a student of the "stack and pray" method......:lol:

......:) it looks really good. 

Cheers to no more floods!

Sharbuckle
25 minutes ago, stellablue said:

It looks great!!! I missed a lot and probably just blew up your notifications ?

Haha I can always count on you to like 15 posts in a row Rachel. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Haha I can always count on you to like 15 posts in a row Rachel. 

?? I know!! I start reading and think I like that! And this! And this one too! I get like a dozen in and start to think about all the notifications the person is going to get. 

• Like 2
Sharbuckle

Looking at my tank I realized I have lots of hermit crabs.... too many I think. I also just noticed most of them are wearing fancy new nassarius and trochus shells. I think I need to do a quick resupply of snails. Little bastards. 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

First looks

That looks fantastic!  I would add 2 or 4 more clowns :D.  Seriously.  Always loved the look of multiple clowns in an aquarium.  This tank looks so perfect...like right out of the ocean perfect!

• Like 1
Sharbuckle
19 minutes ago, gena said:

That looks fantastic!  I would add 2 or 4 more clowns :D.  Seriously.  Always loved the look of multiple clowns in an aquarium.  This tank looks so perfect...like right out of the ocean perfect!

Wow! Thanks ? 

• Like 1

I hope not either.  My experience was the dominant clown/pair of clowns will claim the nem and the others will need to host else where.  My dominant clown however never tolerated other clowns near her until she found a mate and then she barely tolerated him.  She was a hormonal beast, LOL.  She bit me every time I cleaned the tank.  I watched her closer than I did the lionfish.

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

I hope not either.  My experience was the dominant clown/pair of clowns will claim the nem and the others will need to host else where.  My dominant clown however never tolerated other clowns near her until she found a mate and then she barely tolerated him.  She was a hormonal beast, LOL.  She bit me every time I cleaned the tank.  I watched her closer than I did the lionfish.

I had a tomato clown like that! A crazy crazy fish. I want a lionfish. 

Sharbuckle

Few pictures from this morning. I really gotta get a frag tank so I can get rid of the frag rack lol...

IMG_5989.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

• Like 6
Sharbuckle

Wanted one of these fish for ages and finally found one! Also added a big cleaner shrimp.

Longnose hawkfish!

IMG_6017.JPG

IMG_6018.JPG

• Like 4
Sharbuckle

I also added some different flow in my tank today by adding an Aquatic Life Macro Flow Swing to the return line. It's really cool how it swings the flow back and forth. Makes the most out of your return line.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle
9 minutes ago, gena said:

Those longnose hawkfish are so interesting looking.  What is their personality like?

Not sure yet. Just sitting in a corner lol

• Like 1
Just now, Sharbuckle said:

Not sure yet. Just sitting in a corner lol

He's observant.  Surveying his new home.  Sounds like a smart fish :D.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, markalot said:

Hopefully he won't eat your shrimp. :)

That last shot from the end looks great!

Haha ya im hoping I can keep him full enough that he wont touch the shrimp. He's just a baby right now under 1". My cleaner and peppermint are three times his size so im thinking by the time he reaches maturity he wont recognize them as food anymore. 

• Like 3

I have had longnose hawk fish and they are super cool.  In fact I love all the hawkfish that I have met, the way they skip from perch to perch is so cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure eggcrate is my favorite product. 

Made a filter sock holder.

Also a cool pic of my hawkfish in natural sunlight. 

IMG_6206.JPG

IMG_6210.JPG

• Like 4

Okay folks... I have a problem. It seems as though I am battling a very tough algae. I didn't want to say it but I think it's Dinos..... ?

I've added GFO. Turned up the flow, turned down the photo period, and have begun a more sparce feeding regiment. 

Take a look at these pics and tell me what it is. It's only on my frag rack and sand at the moment. What else can I do. 

IMG_6233.JPG

IMG_6234.JPG