Top Shelf Aquatics

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

gone_PHiSHin
17 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Haha hes only selling one. With the two AI primes I already have I think 6 LED pucks is plenty for 36" lol

ahh, i see.  yep that should cover it!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sharbuckle said:

Haha hes only selling one. With the two AI primes I already have I think 6 LED pucks is plenty for 36" lol

Wow, that's really cool to work for a fellow reefer! And it's already paid off :)

I'm so glad things are going in the right direction! 

• Like 2

Okay.

Somebody is finally coming by to get my gyre so the good news is I can get my old tunze 6040 back and have enough money to finish plumbing the 40.

The bad news is, my floors wont be finished until mid june.

Heres my dillema.

Currently I have mels 15g tank and my 33g sump sitting in the living room. They are both housing live rock and live stock.

Mels tank is currently leaking from what I assume to be a hairline fracture in the glass underneath the trim. I need to be able to move that tank and the sump out of the living room and than back in afterwards. Im worried that if I attempt to move the 15g with anything in it that it will crack and game over.

I still have my 29g from ages ago. Thinking maybe I set it up in the basement and put EVERYTHING from the 15g and my sump in it so that I dont have to move all kinds of tanks around the house. 

I wonder if my clowns will be nice to mels little baby clowns for a few months in a 29g?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sharbuckle said:

I wonder if my clowns will be nice to mels little baby clowns for a few months in a 29g?

If it was me I wouldn't risk it. I'd get a 10 gallon and an hob filter and let them live in a clown condo for a while. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

If it was me I wouldn't risk it. I'd get a 10 gallon and an hob filter and let them live in a clown condo for a while. 

even if theyre introduced to a new tank at the same time? no territory to dispute or anemones

• Like 1
Just now, Sharbuckle said:

even if theyre introduced to a new tank at the same time? no territory to dispute or anemones

I'm definitely no expert on clown behavior, so they could be fine. I guess it would also depend how dominant your females are in the pairs you already have? I've played the "multiple holding tanks while moving or switching tanks" game and it's not fun, but I'm paranoid and would want to keep everyone separate. 

Is anyone home a good portion of the day to keep an eye on them? You could try and if it's too crowded separate them then.

RIP Sebastian
3 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

I wouldn't do it.

• Like 1
Just now, kimberbee said:

I'm definitely no expert on clown behavior, so they could be fine. I guess it would also depend how dominant your females are in the pairs you already have? I've played the "multiple holding tanks while moving or switching tanks" game and it's not fun, but I'm paranoid and would want to keep everyone separate. 

Is anyone home a good portion of the day to keep an eye on them? You could try and if it's too crowded separate them then.

well one pair is about three years old and the female isnt really that dominant, the other pair are still juvis, havent figured out whos who yet

RIP Sebastian
3 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

well one pair is about three years old and the female isnt really that dominant, the other pair are still juvis, havent figured out whos who yet

Generally speaking, numbers less than seven with clowns aren't a good idea, especially if there's an even number of them.

• Like 1

I agree with both above about not doing it. You may be ok but I would say probably not.

A friend tried adding a bunch together and well his female killed 3 or 4 and he ended up just pulling everyone out and going back to the original two.....

21 minutes ago, spectra said:

I agree with both above about not doing it. You may be ok but I would say probably not.

A friend tried adding a bunch together and well his female killed 3 or 4 and he ended up just pulling everyone out and going back to the original two.....

that sounds awful... exploring other options that cost $0 lol

Clowns are the spawn of satan........I had a pair of black and whites and they would hit my hand anytime it went in the tank......I hated those things......no more clowns for me......

• Like 2

The 29g returns! Tank and stand have been tucked away in the basement. Good thing I didnt give it away like I was going to.

Tomorrow morning I will transfer pretty much everything from the leaky 15g and the sump in my living room to this. Going to put all the rock on the bottom and cover with eggcrate so all the coral can be placed easily. A temprary frag tank if you will. Found a nice empty closet to make it happen.

• Like 4
Sharbuckle

Well.... 

I didn't take any of your advice....

All worked out however!

The 29g is now stocked full of all my live rock and corals. A temporary frag tank if you will, stuck in a closet but its hooked up to my apex and ATO so it will be much more manageable than my two leaky holding tanks!

• Like 5
Sharbuckle

I find it kind of funny that both groups of clowns never hung out that close together. Now they are all unseperable. 

No sign of fairy wrasse however. :( 

• Like 1

I am glad it worked out with the clowns.  I would have been afraid.  I hope the wrasse turns up, (right side up).

• Like 2
Sharbuckle
15 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am glad it worked out with the clowns.  I would have been afraid.  I hope the wrasse turns up, (right side up).

Haha it did turn up! Right after I posted this I fed the tank and it shot out of the rockwork. 

Happy times. 

• Like 5
Sharbuckle

Gotta lower water level in display. Skimmer was too high above water line and the ato didnt kick in yet. These tunze ato's definitely work best in a sump or return chamber. Cant get it high enough on a rimmed tank. 

• 1 month later...
Sharbuckle

The day has come.

The 40 Gallon is plumbed together and I just need to transfer everything into it. 

Pictures later this evening

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

The day has come.

The 40 Gallon is plumbed together and I just need to transfer everything into it. 

Pictures later this evening

omgomgomg

• Like 1

Very nice!  I love your scape and it is so cool seeing all the clowns hang together so happy.  I like the views from the 3 sides too.

• Like 1
Sharbuckle
26 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Very nice!  I love your scape and it is so cool seeing all the clowns hang together so happy.  I like the views from the 3 sides too.

Thanks! The scape as usual for me was a stack and pray type job. It worked out pretty awesome. My anemone has been at a friends since my 65 exploded so its the last piece of the puzzle. I hear it's humongous now. I hope it doesn't cause any aggression between the clowns. 

• Like 2