SaltCritters.com

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

9 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I figured out how Alk went wrong. I have had a line of code, to skip dosing if pH is over 8.35. Apparently that was causing it to not dose for roughly 1/3-1/2 of the schedule. Reading back, I have posted about seeing pH of 8.4+ in the last few weeks. So I recalibrated the probe (and dumped the fluid in the sump by mistake), and it’s  readings decreased  by .2. The pumps were then free to dose 24/7, as my pH never hit the limit. Alk spike.

If you have your dosing line and probe relatively close together, that could cause some irregular readings.

HarryPotter
45 minutes ago, Asureef said:

If you have your dosing line and probe relatively close together, that could cause some irregular readings.

Nope- Alk gets doses into display, and Ca +Mg into return chamber. The probe is before the return chamber 

21 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Racks full.... pick em up or I’m giving it to the BTAs! 

WwNSnmI.jpg

I been telling you for weeks to send me  a goody bag.  

HarryPotter
18 minutes ago, patback said:

I been telling you for weeks to send me  a goody bag.  

Pero you never sent me $$

mitten_reef
16 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Have you shipped acros before?  Do they need overnight, cuz that gets $$$$ fast?  I remembered you were trying 2-day priority with Monti last spring. 

HarryPotter
25 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Have you shipped acros before?  Do they need overnight, cuz that gets $$$$ fast?  I remembered you were trying 2-day priority with Monti last spring. 

Ive shipped acros overnight a ton. Never have an issue, but yeah its like $40-60. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Sounds like a good excuse for all you northerners to visit Miami! ("Everybody's got a cousin in Miami"!)

I'm Mexican. Not Cuban. 

• Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
9 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

How much you charging chief?

• Like 1
HarryPotter
7 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

How much you charging chief?

Depends slightly but mostly $20ish for big acro frags 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Sounds like a good excuse for all you northerners to visit Miami! ("Everybody's got a cousin in Miami"!)

My best drive time from NYC to kissemi was 15 hours. Miami is a few hours further. 

Maybe i should created a sealed tank in my van, and start a coral shuttle service. I could be a millionaire, or an idiot. Idk, I have some crazy ideas at times

• Like 1
A Little Blue
8 minutes ago, JBM said:

My best drive time from NYC to kissemi was 15 hours. Miami is a few hours further. 

Maybe i should created a sealed tank in my van, and start a coral shuttle service. I could be a millionaire, or an idiot. Idk, I have some crazy ideas at times

You wouldn’t be the first who tried that. 😉

2D283AD4-5485-48D7-8277-952D2A0D3C51.jpeg.56991951f5d7c76db3c52da8cd90042a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
tanacharison
Spoiler

That green millipora in the center is nice looking.  So I bought a crappy 600gph powerhead and aimed it towards all the acros.. came home to way more pe. Your right 😂

HarryPotter
49 minutes ago, tanacharison said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That green millipora in the center is nice looking.  So I bought a crappy 600gph powerhead and aimed it towards all the acros.. came home to way more pe. Your right 😂

yeah they love it! That green milli is soon to be yours- but definitly swapping that short red millipora frag next to it for one of these larger pieces posted above.  You liked the orang-ish ones, right? #milliporaforever

Flow in the tank is crazy, I’ll get the DSLR out next weeek and maybe make a video- haven’t done that in a year or so. 

The white patches that that I was freaking out about a little bit ago are all gone; I attribute em to the Alk spike. 

tanacharison
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

yeah they love it! That green milli is soon to be yours- but definitly swapping that short red millipora frag next to it for one of these larger pieces posted above.  You liked the orang-ish ones, right? #milliporaforever

Yes please!! Your the man!

I'm not brave enough to try a acro, nor do I have enough flow (imo) for one either. I'll leave that for the big dogs like you. 

Does look insanely pretty though

HarryPotter
49 minutes ago, JBM said:

I'm not brave enough to try a acro, nor do I have enough flow (imo) for one either. I'll leave that for the big dogs like you. 

Does look insanely pretty though

Ive had a pretty good experience with acros, minus the katropora which is brown with no PE forever. Bright light with lots of flow and not too much feeding. 

Hopefully that will continue when we convert the 300g to a reef this summer :o 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
12 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Hopefully that will continue when we convert the 300g to a reef this summer :o 

hey, hey, so it is settled that 300g is becoming a reef then?  BIG CONGRATS on all fronts: the future LARGE reef, the successful semester, and the summer intern. 

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350