Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

On 4/4/2018 at 5:39 PM, HarryPotter said:

Because it is amazing... I can literally print anything I can imagine, design, or download for dirt cheap.:D

I'm in need of a wall holder for a sharps container. I've had to start giving my cat insulin and I don't really like having the container and needles just sitting on a table. How sturdy is something 3-D printed... 

HarryPotter
7 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I'm in need of a wall holder for a sharps container. I've had to start giving my cat insulin and I don't really like having the container and needles just sitting on a table. How sturdy is something 3-D printed... 

You won’t be able to bend it. Very strong lol. Have a link to it? 

https://www.amazon.com/ULTRICARE-DIABETES-SYRINGES-UltiGuard-Dispenser/dp/B01MA5N7EO/ref=sr_1_1/147-1175032-0377554?ie=UTF8&qid=1523025819&sr=8-1&keywords=ulticare+u-40

The container is only slightly larger than a kleenex box, and it's really not that heavy. 

The syringes slide out of the bottom left side, but there are 100 of them packaged in bags of 10. 

Once you pull out a bag, you can't really stick them back in, so I have the container and then a open bag of syringes sitting there. 

Used syringes go in a groove in the top, spin the knob on the left/right side, and they plop down into the container.

I was thinking wall-mount something that had a "cup" on the right side to hold the loose syringes. 

I think it probably weighs a pound or less.

HarryPotter
13 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

https://www.amazon.com/ULTRICARE-DIABETES-SYRINGES-UltiGuard-Dispenser/dp/B01MA5N7EO/ref=sr_1_1/147-1175032-0377554?ie=UTF8&qid=1523025819&sr=8-1&keywords=ulticare+u-40

The container is only slightly larger than a kleenex box, and it's really not that heavy. 

The syringes slide out of the bottom left side, but there are 100 of them packaged in bags of 10. 

Once you pull out a bag, you can't really stick them back in, so I have the container and then a open bag of syringes sitting there. 

Used syringes go in a groove in the top, spin the knob on the left/right side, and they plop down into the container.

I was thinking wall-mount something that had a "cup" on the right side to hold the loose syringes. 

I think it probably weighs a pound or less.

Hmm, so like a wall mount with a place for the container and then a “cup” for the syringes. Seems easy enough, but I would need dimensions of the base of the container. 

5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Hmm, so like a wall mount with a place for the container and then a “cup” for the syringes. Seems easy enough, but I would need dimensions of the base of the container. 

I'll get some dims and draw up a sketch :)

This guy is extra salty
On 4/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, Pjanssen said:

Saturday

On 4/5/2018 at 9:36 AM, HarryPotter said:

Sat 

I’m wearing this shirt0B572B9C-D54A-4246-8A47-C4B0521A4AB1.thumb.jpeg.766267d0e0511a273657a751d04e7a58.jpeg

• Like 2
controlledentropy
1 minute ago, AvaS said:

WOW!! What is the middle one in the second row from the bottom? They are all beautiful! 

Acropora valida.

HarryPotter
2 minutes ago, AvaS said:

WOW!! What is the middle one in the second row from the bottom? They are all beautiful! 

Pink acropora? No clue xD 

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Pink acropora? No clue xD 

? love them all though! I loved the show so far! So much to see, and can’t wait for tomorrow 

HarryPotter
13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, nice haul!

Thanks teeny! This year acros were everywhere at (IMO) much more fair prices than last year. For example the SC Orange Passion was $60, and came with a free bubblegum digitata frag. Pretty reasonable, and its a good size too. 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
4 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Sweet pick ups! Can’t wait to see some of those grow in in you acro playground. 

Me too! Im also thrilled about the best bulb deal ever. 48" T5 bulbs for $8 each instead of MSRP $24! I got 8 so I can finally have new bulbs in my fixture. I think my tank needs more time to acclimate to 8 bulbs, and then I will start swapping the old bulbs for new ones. The bulbs I have in there are turning brown at the ends, being > 2 years old. 

• Like 1

Holy crap, Harry, that's so beautiful it almost looks like it's not real. And I mean that in a good way :)

Where are you going to mount all your new frags, though? 

HarryPotter
15 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Holy crap, Harry, that's so beautiful it almost looks like it's not real. And I mean that in a good way :)

Where are you going to mount all your new frags, though? 

Thank you Teenyreef! You know its real because all of the water streaks! :D I found about 4 feet of silicon 1.5" tubing, leftover from plumbing the 300g. It drains out 20g very quickly for a water change- like literally 35 seconds. I splashed a bit when panicking/disconnecting the siphon. 

The new frags need a while to be "big" enough to mount. They were all just recently dipped them and cut off their old plugs.  The frags will probably get a month before I am ready to remove them (again) from the plug and permanently mount to the rock.That entire left structure is going to be acropora- the 2nd christmas montipora  colony is looking for a new home. 

This guy is 10/10 my favorite! Appears to be slightly darker, but its not time to raise that rack yet. 

bnmoytn.jpg

• Like 2
HarryPotter

I still find this thing amazing. Turn on the water before bed. When you wake up it’s full. Add 6lbs of salt (using a scale) and boom 20g of 1.026 every time!

To the left is my topoff reservoir- also has a float switch so I can swap the quick-connect and fill that up when necessary.

Its reefing for dummies/lazy people xD

NfRE62j.jpg

• Like 2
mitten_reef
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I still find this thing amazing. Turn on the water before bed. When you wake up it’s full. Add 6lbs of salt (using a scale) and boom 20g of 1.026 every time!

To the left is my topoff reservoir- also has a float switch so I can swap the quick-connect and fill that up when necessary.

Its reefing for dummies/lazy people xD

NfRE62j.jpg

20 G is the amount of water I need every two weeks too, hmmm.  I'm being duped!  I thought smaller tank will go through less water!  :lol:

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350