inTank Media Baskets

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

36 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Looking good. My vote goes for removing the anemones and putting them onto the base of the new rock. I definitely like the new structure in the back, but the anemone rock looks like an afterthought. 

I don’t like the rock, but it does change the depth of the tank. I don’t want it to seem like a wall. Too lazy to remove all the anemones. 

46 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Yearly sump cleaning, aka “PleaseDontCrash” day ??

I razor out the sump and pump all the nasty detritus into the filter sock. Skimmer is throwing a fit and corals are sliming like crazy! It’s not too dirty, you can see through the display :) 

cxjgkGS.jpg

8 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

wtf

Motor is f**** up. Vibrating and wont stay on the tank. Possibly after falling and hitting the floor. 

Ill try to send it to ecotech, but I don't have proof of purchase. 

Maybe silicone it to the glass? Ive never moved it. 

Just now, micoastreefing said:

I spied a NBR tide in your fuge? Growing even more frags down there? :lol:

No that’s a refugium light, wouldn’t grow pretty corals :( 

21 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Oh, one of those beam strips?

Yep! Spectrum isn’t right for coral, it’s for refugium. However whatever macroalgae I try dies...... so it’s to grow coralline and diatoms ?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, pappadumplingz said:

You have officially become a ghetto reefer ?

No, this is ghetto. I wanted more flow through the filter socks to clear the muck, so I hooked up another “return pump” ???

N29JeXk.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Things look amazing as always, Harry! Glad you fixed the MP40 too. What screws needed to be tightened? You mean on the dry side, right?

Yes the dry side, there are no screws on the wet side. The main shaft screw that holds the magnet to the ball bearing. It was loose, so I jammed the magnet with some rubber and tightened it with loctite. 90% better, like before. 

Tjanks! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Yes the dry side, there are no screws on the wet side. The main shaft screw that holds the magnet to the ball bearing. It was loose, so I jammed the magnet with some rubber and tightened it with loctite. 90% better, like before. 

Tjanks! 

Good to know, I'm adding this to my list of things to know for when it happens to one of my five MP-10's :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If I get straight A’s this semester, the 300 gallon is going reef and this tank may just be for frags :o 

A not so teeny tank @teenyreef ?

Super clean this morning and the sand is surprisingly even. Spot my dog in the reflection? 

niJWXJj.jpg

• Like 7
3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Super clean this morning and the sand is surprisingly even. Spot my dog in the reflection? 

Super clean, but you missed a couple smudges on your doors ;) 

I also use my ATI as a shelf, even though I have a ledge, haha. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, West1 said:

Can you post a pic of the flower rock with lights on?

Looks very nice! Its encouraging as I want to add some flowers but I am scared at the same time lol

oI6Wva7.jpg

• Like 5
On 2/2/2018 at 10:33 PM, HarryPotter said:

Yep! Spectrum isn’t right for coral, it’s for refugium. However whatever macroalgae I try dies...... so it’s to grow coralline and diatoms ?

Have you tried culpra? It does well for me... but I agree I have more coralline in my sump than my display.

5 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

Have you tried culpra? It does well for me... but I agree I have more coralline in my sump than my display.

Never heard of it! My nitrates and phosphates are both 0.00, not sure if it would survive in that. 

2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Never heard of it! My nitrates and phosphates are both 0.00, not sure if it would survive in that. 

Caulerpa taxifolia is exactly what I have. Although to your point I wouldn’t change a thing!

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350