Pod Your Reef

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

So, I got bored, and decided to be my own quartet.

Which is tricky when you're recording each track separately... so besides sounding extremely disjointed at times, here is a quickly thrown-together cello quartet version of "Stitches". It definitely needs re-done, but for a first take of everything, I'm pretty happy with it, especially for just messing around in a minor.

recorded sitting in front of the tank :)

• Like 2

So, I got bored, and decided to be my own quartet.

Which is tricky when you're recording each track separately... so besides sounding extremely disjointed at times, here is a quickly thrown-together cello quartet version of "Stitches". It definitely needs re-done, but for a first take of everything, I'm pretty happy with it, especially for just messing around in a minor.

recorded sitting in front of the tank :)

Quite impressive to say the least. How many years have you been playing?

thecoralbeauty

Quite impressive to say the least. How many years have you been playing?

thanks- now that I'm re-listening I'm cringing...

20 years now. though I've taken a hiatus since 2009.

• Like 1

thanks- now that I'm re-listening I'm cringing...

20 years now. though I've taken a hiatus since 2009.

Sounds good. Were you listening to yourself play while doing the other parts or did you record and attach separately?

thecoralbeauty

Sounds good. Were you listening to yourself play while doing the other parts or did you record and attach separately?

couldn't listen to myself because it would pick up on the new track as well, somehow, despite the fact that i tried headphones- i think i was doing something wrong haha

couldn't listen to myself because it would pick up on the new track as well, somehow, despite the fact that i tried headphones- i think i was doing something wrong haha

That's the benefit of a loop station I guess. Or you could use a vibration pickup rather than acoustic?

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

That's the benefit of a loop station I guess. Or you could use a vibration pickup rather than acoustic?

the pickup i have on my cello now is the 'realist'- it fits under the foot of the bridge, but it only connects to a quarter inch cable. when i was in my band in high school, playing shows i was fine if i had a monitor, i got minimal feedback. but recording through that makes everything super bass heavy, and i don't have my pre-amp to connect the quarter inch to here. so i just recorded this using my built-in mic on my laptop haha

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Playing the cello, mixing the cello, shooting arrows, yeah you're a coordinated one alright!!!

Oh my gosh, Morgan! I've been such a bad follower! This looks great! Really a great upgrade from your last tank!

E4B395F4-CEE9-4F8D-9235-74297DF45795_zps

thank you and thank you! I'm pretty happy with things in this tank :) i feel spoiled.

thecoralbeauty

ok- New Year, new flow pattern.

Moved both vortech's to the back wall.

dealing with ecosmart live being strange all day so it took longer than i thought it would...

macros are in the fuge. pics to come.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

New Acro Insignis

C5CC15E7-F06E-4796-AA3E-4F9218B1019D_zps

4A5C5795-B03D-4C45-83A2-3E142164D968_zps

Liking the more sleek profile with the vortechs on the back

BAF6065E-EE9A-4A56-891A-9B8232619822_zps

Sleeping Atlantic Blue:

E78D34AC-A1C2-415C-9BFD-90BD39026ED7_zps

Corner Angle

659B56A0-83FD-448F-B098-5973FC94BD4C_zps

FTS:

09308B76-08BB-4D3C-B410-2DDFE530CCAB_zps

Macros in the Fuge:

1E89A111-524F-4BDF-9617-55D28B026B19_zps

Remember when I bought them and these guys were starving?

CF227BCE-180E-4F4C-8A1A-F1BB523EDB6E_zps

BC0A0B23-3204-4086-8005-614C33CD694C_zps

Kitty

930EB2F2-F315-4FE0-A100-2F334E7B7000_zps

• Like 11
CronicReefer

That tang is beautiful. I was thinking of getting one for my new tank to see it transform into an adult. Those tubastrea are looking big and fat as well.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

That tang is beautiful. I was thinking of getting one for my new tank to see it transform into an adult. Those tubastrea are looking big and fat as well.

i was amazed to see his stripes when he was sleeping! so cool. He also seems to be able to flash more yellow or more blue- depending on what he's doing. very cool.

Looks great! Those acros :wub:

Cute kitty too :)

thank you! :) I can't wait till they start growing out more.

• Like 3

Great photos Morgan. I love the dendros. If I have success following through on my resolution to feed my coral this year maybe I will consider one for my sump.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Great photos Morgan. I love the dendros. If I have success following through on my resolution to feed my coral this year maybe I will consider one for my sump.

once they've been nursed back to health they seem pretty hardy, there have definitely been weeks that i haven't fed them.

tanks looking great- how much water are you evaporating a week?

thanks! about 5 gallons, give or take. the heat really takes the humidity out of the air so I'm running the humidifier as well.

• Like 2
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*