ReefCleaners.org

thecoralbeauty

Finally tried some aptasia x- I have lazy peppermint shrimp. I tried it on my tinker bell palys, too. And kept the carbon in there for good measure- unsure whether it actually killed them or not yet.

Also got a starburst Monticap frag. It's so beautiful next to the Idaho grape I have from gena :)

Not sure if this was to me or Stella- but in a few months I would definitely be interested!

You, Stella, anyone who needs any. I have red dragons breath and red gracilaria. Both grow quite well for me and I definitely have an abundance. Hit me up if your ever in need ?

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Gold torch and tang E2718CE5-2BC8-40AA-B671-AE19E9451E35_zps

Daisy while she watches the fish

D591EB9F-F0D6-4A9E-A240-6680E5558238_zps

Seen a lot of recent growth from this guy.

8DA9BB1F-25C2-471A-94B6-4D82E7DACBC7_zps

Urchin wearing a snail

8F64ED4C-B19E-4105-9CBC-B92559F39A70_zps

Candy has gone crazy!

66FA2F32-D221-4710-AA9B-DC313003CF23_zps

New location of unknown acro and the two monticaps together

7492829B-289C-4494-821D-3F1FAC130AF6_zps

Zoa garden

11295EED-1626-46B9-8C52-4470F13F234C_zps

Shooting arrows with dad:

8CA59061-2A2D-4370-B866-C7CDCE9EBFC1_zps

He tied me!

445BA0D0-7B36-4598-9E2C-710222332810_zps

• Like 10
thecoralbeauty

Tanks looking great! Is that a golden or jack o lantern leptoseris? Where did you get that frag ?

Got it from Chris :) I had my eye on it forever and he was growing it out- finally fragged it a few months ago. Not sure if I've seen more there.

Thanks!! How's yours coming along??

So even without the boots assuming your dad isn't 5'8" you're tall. Awesome wide eyed cat pic... is that your swimmer?

I'm 5 10. My dad is 6 1. :)

Yes that's daisy- the one who fell in. Hah she's such a little snipe. Her brother is much more well- behaved.

• Like 3
Got it from Chris :) I had my eye on it forever and he was growing it out- finally fragged it a few months ago. Not sure if I've seen more there.

nice- good score that's a beautiful piece. Mine's moving along - got the skimmer up and just waiting on the new light to transfer some corals over.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

nice- good score that's a beautiful piece. Mine's moving along - got the skimmer up and just waiting on the new light to transfer some corals over.

what light did you go with again??

The pics look great. I love your zoas, they are so pretty.

they're really taken off, thank you!!

Can someone tell me what the names are of what i have?? I'm not certain, but some look like fruit loops or rastas to me? and i was told i have fire and ice, and that the green ones are radioactive dragon eyes?? I have no idea with zoas, i can't keep all the morphs straight in the first place, let alone the names haha.

• Like 2
what light did you go with again??

they're really taken off, thank you

I went with the Nanobox hybrid quadLED/quad T5's. I have an issue with my fans not coming on so Dave is making me a new unit ?

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Wow, what a gorgeous looking tank! Think i am going to read the whole thread because i'm intrigued!

:blush: gee thanks!

So, i have stringy reddish brown looking things that I am highly suspicious of, mostly around my tube nem.

going to switch things up a bit to reef crest on the MP40 and see if the additional flow seems to help any.

not running carbon or anything currently. antsy pants just shipped me a small package of assorted macros (yay! thank you!) and the remaining strings of chaeto left in my fuge have been growing steadily... along with a bunch of hair algae that I cleaned out yesterday morning with my water change. i think i may have officially gotten the tank dirty! before my water change my nitrates were somewhere between 0 and 5ppm, and it has been that way for about a week. :)

makes sense, the SPS has colored up considerably.

thecoralbeauty

Nice Atlantic Blue tang, underrated fish compared to similarly sized tangs and angelfish IMO.

thank you- he's got a fantastic personality so far as well and hangs out with the yellow tang peacefully. its also interesting to see him flash his blue sometimes and then go back to the dusty yellow he currently is. i'm excited to see how he's maturing.

at first i was concerned- as I'm sure the heated debate on earlier pages didn't go unnoticed, but i haven't had any continuing issues keeping him. whatever the temporary spots were are gone now. he's happy, healthy, so at this point i'm just enjoying him as well.

• Like 1
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*