Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Well, Houston we have a problem. My plumbing starting leaking on the drain. Just a slow drip. I tightened the bulkhead a couple weeks ago and it worked for a day. Then I put some more Vaseline on the gasket and it worked for the last few weeks. Looked in this am and it was dripping again. Took the bulkhead out and replaced it. Here's to hoping....

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Houston we have a problem. My plumbing starting leaking on the drain. Just a slow drip. I tightened the bulkhead a couple weeks ago and it worked for a day. Then I put some more Vaseline on the gasket and it worked for the last few weeks. Looked in this am and it was dripping again. Took the bulkhead out and replaced it. Here's to hoping....

Lol... my bulkhead has had a slow drip since the day I installed it. Luckily, the drip drops right into my sump, and the only time it got worse was when I tried to tighten it!

Lol... my bulkhead has had a slow drip since the day I installed it. Luckily, the drip drops right into my sump, and the only time it got worse was when I tried to tighten it!

Luckily mine is dripping right into the sump too so maybe I'll stop stressing about it! It's definitely not a fast drip!

I always use Teflon tape on bulkhead securing threads, makes assembly and disassembly MUCH easier. Never, ever use petroleum based products on them, it will degrade them, one day you'll come home to your tank on the floor.

Where did y'all get those gobies?

Yeah, teflon tape on the outer threads works a dream. Hand tighten the nut as far as you can go and then give it a half turn with a wrench, shouldn't have any problems after that. Keep in mind that petroleum based products can deteriorate rubber gaskets and make them gummy after time. Silicon is fine to use if you want to do a quick patch job but watch out for petroleum based gels.

My red Mithrax crabs are kicking ass and taking numbers on the bubble algae!

A couple of videos from today:

My favorite alveoporas

And a couple feeding videos!

Yay so beautiful!!! Coming back from a few days away and LOVE seeing the videos! Everything looks awesome and yay for bubble algae on the run- Also, I have a Zoa Crush!!! Great work!!!

So unless he chews with his mouth closed aren't the spores just gonna come out of the bubble & start all over again? Not trying to burst your bubble, that's what you're trying to prevent!!!

And a look back to the beginning :lol:

Same angle on day 330

So unless he chews with his mouth closed aren't the spores just gonna come out of the bubble & start all over again? Not trying to burst your bubble, that's what you're trying to prevent!!!

Yeah it will come back but I'm hoping they will keep up with it. They can get to spots I can't so hopefully this will be a better way to keep it under control. Bubble algae doesn't bother me too much, but I do remove it from around the corals. This kind is impossible to remove without popping.

Yay so beautiful!!! Coming back from a few days away and LOVE seeing the videos! Everything looks awesome and yay for bubble algae on the run- Also, I have a Zoa Crush!!! Great work!!!

Thanks sparkly!

My red Mithrax crabs are kicking ass and taking numbers on the bubble algae!

https://instagram.com/p/BLHPX7rDAUV/

https://instagram.com/p/BLHPlCQjE9Q/

A couple of videos from today:

My favorite alveoporas

https://instagram.com/p/BLHm7_IDnUu/

https://instagram.com/p/BLHlYiSjyoE/

And a couple feeding videos!

https://instagram.com/p/BLHmGIijc3q/

Those crabs are kick'n jiggly!

Where do you get your alveopora from?

Those crabs are kick'n jiggly!

Where do you get your alveopora from?

Are you making fun of my jiggly ass?? :lol:

I got all of them except one at AquaSD on their Saturday sales. All the frags were 10-15 so good prices I think!!

And a look back to the beginning :lol:

Same angle on day 330

Yeah it will come back but I'm hoping they will keep up with it. They can get to spots I can't so hopefully this will be a better way to keep it under control. Bubble algae doesn't bother me too much, but I do remove it from around the corals. This kind is impossible to remove without popping.

Thanks sparkly!

Seriously amazeballs!! Mine will be coming up on a year in two months and your tank is just so stunning!! Just goes to show what a fabulous reef gal can do!!! Love everything about your tank and kind of missing emerald pearls ;-) Fabulous!!

i think you need to upgrade. Red Sea Reefer 525 XL.

Nah - too big!! :) I like life all over and my goal is not to see rocks. I haven't accomplished it yet!!!! :lol:

Seriously amazeballs!! Mine will be coming up on a year in two months and your tank is just so stunning!! Just goes to show what a fabulous reef gal can do!!! Love everything about your tank and kind of missing emerald pearls ;-) Fabulous!!

Thank you!! I did move a bunch of stuff over from my biocibe when I upgraded. The before picture was pekoe to those rocks and corals moving in. Do you have a build thread?

wow that's a lot going on.

Thank you! I think...

Thank you! I think...

It looks fantastic. JUst seems very full! I think you do need a bigger one. Or maybe a fragging. I can help dispose of the old parts.

i think you need to upgrade. Red Sea Reefer 525 XL.

See I told you the same thing.... glad I am not the only one who thinks the same thing........

I loved the comparative shots of when the tank was set up and now! From zero to sixty in 333 days! Seriously though, your tank is gourgeous!

I loved the comparative shots of when the tank was set up and now! From zero to sixty in 333 days! Seriously though, your tank is gourgeous!

Thanks Dawn! And I love that - needs to be the tag line of this tank - zero to sixty in 333 days :)

Archived