Cultivated Reef

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you link your instagram pics?

best thing ever! Click the three dots at the top right of your Instagram photo, click share then click copy link. Then past that copied link into the text box here, click post and it automatically embeds!

Great video - love seeing all the fish, but especially Bert!

how are you newstead??? I miss Berts home he had front and center of the tank. Now he is somewhat in the back of the tank in barnacles and it's not as easy for me to get good photos of him!

best thing ever! Click the three dots at the top right of your Instagram photo, click share then click copy link. Then past that copied link into the text box here, click post and it automatically embeds!

how are you newstead??? I miss Berts home he had front and center of the tank. Now he is somewhat in the back of the tank in barnacles and it's not as easy for me to get good photos of him!

Siiiick. Thanks girl.

Sure thing!! I need to go check out your thread! I'm behind!

Well its there waiting for you whenever you are good and ready :)

Also, your tank is looking so happy and awesome

Well its there waiting for you whenever you are good and ready :)

Also, your tank is looking so happy and awesome

Thank you!!

[quote name="stellablue" post="5405502"

Glad you got the video of him - needed the smile. We lost our heart dog last week after a sudden loss of appetite leading to 5 days ICU at the specialty clinic, every test in the world, only to find out finally from endoscopy biopsies that it was a rare, aggressive cancer of the small intestine. He went from healthy and hearty to gone in 29 days. We are just crushed - he went literally everywhere, everyday with us.

Spent past 2 days working on cleaning my tanks, doing 30% water changes, etc. They were ignored other than feeding and ATO topoffs while we were caring for Elvis. Its been good therapy.

Polarcollision

tank is looking gawgeous baby!

My red Mithrax crabs are kicking ass and taking numbers on the bubble algae!

Also, you give me hope.

Glad you got the video of him - needed the smile. We lost our heart dog last week after a sudden loss of appetite leading to 5 days ICU at the specialty clinic, every test in the world, only to find out finally from endoscopy biopsies that it was a rare, aggressive cancer of the small intestine. He went from healthy and hearty to gone in 29 days. We are just crushed - he went literally everywhere, everyday with us.

Spent past 2 days working on cleaning my tanks, doing 30% water changes, etc. They were ignored other than feeding and ATO topoffs while we were caring for Elvis. Its been good therapy.

Oh no!!! So sorry, you know how I am about my cocker spaniel. I would be devastated too. They mean so much to us. :(

Oh no! I am so sorry :( what a shock - oh I can't even imagine :(

tank is looking gawgeous baby!

Also, you give me hope.

Thank you!!!! How have you been?

I got these 6 red Mithrax from KP Aquatics - I think they were delivered the first week after Labor Day week. The job they have done is amazing! In roughly a month. i barely have any bubble algae left. There are a few areas they haven't gotten to but hell, I can manually remove the bubbles in those areas for sure

Thanks - didn't mean to rerout this thread, but Bert gave me my first smile in quite a while. Elvis was born into this world in my hands and left in our arms. Only 9 years old.

:tears: Again..so sorry :(

Our Bindi went from good health to having to be put down in 3 days. Kidney Failure.

She was 8 years old.

Back onto topic. Stella, those Zoas u posted look absolutely Gorgeous!

Thanks - didn't mean to rerout this thread, but Bert gave me my first smile in quite a while. Elvis was born into this world in my hands and left in our arms. Only 9 years old.

Reroute all you want! That is too soon to lose Elvis. My heard aches for you guys. Our dogs are our family and it is so hard losing a furry family member.

Well this made me a bit sad. Sorry for your loss Newstead.

Stellablue. What are you going to do with the mithrax when there is nothing for them do eat anymore? They may go for coral?

Well this made me a bit sad. Sorry for your loss Newstead.

Stellablue. What are you going to do with the mithrax when there is nothing for them do eat anymore? They may go for coral?

That I'm not sure about. They do eat the food I put in for the fish as well. If needed, i may end up turning them in at my LFS. But I'm thinking the bubble algae is going to be a constant fight - it will regrow since the spores are being released into the tank. Hopefully there will be enough to keep them fed. Four of the mithrax are very small. Two are massive. So I might end up just getting rid of the massive ones or putting them in the sump to chomp away at the macros I have in there.

You could probably trap them if need be.. Im gonna look for some at lfs. Emeralds never do the trick for me

When I was looking at them at KP, the reason I went with these guys rather than the green emeralds was because it appears that these guys, while the same species/genus/whatever of crab, the red ones live in deeper waters and are found on reefs. The emeralds are found in shallower water.

Not sure if I just got lucky or what, but these guys are annihilating my bubble algae.

Today's feeding video!

Good stuff :).

Which fish is your favorite? The Midas (Bert?) is looking really healthy!!! I think they are a more difficult fish to get to thrive in aquariums so that's great to see him looking so good :happydance:.

Archived