Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Yeah mine was jacked up to begin with......the metal scraper was installed wrong and did not work very well until I got it put in the right way. To this day I still think its not working correctly.......It works great if I put it in my hand and scrape the glass but on the magnet it sucks.........

yeah that doesn't sound right. The green algae comes off the glass with the flipper like a hot knife goes through butter :lol:
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my Flipper today (the 'nano' didn't work as advertised on 1/4" glass, boo, and the new tank has 3/8" in the front and 1/4 on the sides), it is pretty awesome. Only scrapes in the center to about 1/4" from the edges of the blade, so the bottom corners I will have to scrape manually occasionally.

I just got my Flipper today (the 'nano' didn't work as advertised on 1/4" glass, boo, and the new tank has 3/8" in the front and 1/4 on the sides), it is pretty awesome. Only scrapes in the center to about 1/4" from the edges of the blade, so the bottom corners I will have to scrape manually occasionally.

try going super slow. I noticed that makes a difference. If I go fast, it leaves spots unscraped.

yeah that doesn't sound right. The green algae comes off the glass with the flipper like a hot knife goes through butter :lol:

Well mine doesn't like butter very well :lol:

I may look into the tunze and see how they work......

try going super slow. I noticed that makes a difference. If I go fast, it leaves spots unscraped.

The edges of the blade don't seem to actually touch the glass at all on mine, so that wouldn't help too much :D

The edges of the blade don't seem to actually touch the glass at all on mine, so that wouldn't help too much :D

Yep mine is kind of the same way......its jacked up I tell ya ;) stupid amazon product......where is Sancho our local amazon representative........

You know what?? Tell the flipper guys! They'll send you out a replacement blade. Their customer service is awesome!

Yep mine is kind of the same way......its jacked up I tell ya ;) stupid amazon product......where is Sancho our local amazon representative........

See above post :)

Amazon just sells the stuff. I loved the 2 little fishes thingie till it turned into rust. Currently using the Tunze wasn't super impressed with the flipper as I could not get it to flip like the dude at macna could.

Amazon just sells the stuff. I loved the 2 little fishes thingie till it turned into rust. Currently using the Tunze wasn't super impressed with the flipper as I could not get it to flip like the dude at macna could.

So you like the Tunze then? Still searching........

So you like the Tunze then? Still searching........

its got the strongest magnet for sure. If I used it daily it would probably work great. but I am lazy and usually need to get a razor out.

Well, today is water change day for all the tanks. I'll be in Detroit next week for work so I'm trying to get everything set for Jeff since he's going to be in charge of making sure there are no floaters next week!

A couple of photos and a video or two for today:

A baby rock flower that's still in the 66:

A fts from last night. I was messing around with an orange gel since it is next to impossible to take photos under blues:

One of the small Mithrax helping a gorgonian shed

Franklin looking goofy not knowing he had a leaf stuck on his face:

And puppy Franklin with Mac the Cat (5 years ago)

Oh and here was yesterday's project. My toadstools have not been doing well in this tank. I took them all out, gave them an iodine dip, scrubbed them, inspected them, and put them in the macro tank. All of them have polyps showing today in the macro tank. Fist time in months I can remember where they all had polyps out. They don't look totally back to normal, but it's a start.

Yeah, I've still never gotten my little toadstool off the ground. Why do they have to be so difficult?!!! My big one from Gena is doing well in the 20g but not this tiny one in the 40.

Yeah, I've still never gotten my little toadstool off the ground. Why do they have to be so difficult?!!! My big one from Gena is doing well in the 20g but not this tiny one in the 40.

I don't know! I got so frustrated I finally took them all out and put them in the macro tank!

The FTS looks great! Have you ever tried manually adjusting the white balance in the RAW file to help with the blues?

Good luck with the toadstools :)

The FTS looks great! Have you ever tried manually adjusting the white balance in the RAW file to help with the blues?

Good luck with the toadstools :)

No! How the heck do you do that??

Toads are all looking much better in the macro tank! I have no idea why they hate this tank!

No! How the heck do you do that??

Toads are all looking much better in the macro tank! I have no idea why they hate this tank!

You set the DSLR to save in RAW instead of .jpg and edit the file on your computer with lightroom or one of many other apps. You can do it with jpegs too but it usually doesn't work as well. PM me and I'll get you set up :)

It's more work but for an FTS it's worth it.

You set the DSLR to save in RAW instead of .jpg and edit the file on your computer with lightroom or one of many other apps. You can do it with jpegs too but it usually doesn't work as well. PM me and I'll get you set up :)

It's more work but for an FTS it's worth it.

:blush: I use my iPhone for photos .....

Stella's LE green pearl to be exact!

The first time I saw bubble algae at LFS I inquired if it would work in my tank! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I thought they looked like beautiful green pearls! The sales guy(who by then was accustomed to the dumb stuff coming out of my mouth) just looked at me, shook his head and laughed :rolleyes::blink::o

The first time I saw bubble algae at LFS I inquired if it would work in my tank! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I thought they looked like beautiful green pearls! The sales guy(who by then was accustomed to the dumb stuff coming out of my mouth) just looked at me, shook his head and laughed :rolleyes::blink::o

That is Funny! But, I wonder how many other New to Salt Water keepers ask some, um, "Oddball" (Funny) Questions ;)

Ur in a great Place Mspaklym :D

well, don't do that.

One word: LAZY

Fixed it for you ;)

:lol: I can't deny that!

Ha! Love it. Eh, I don't let it stress me out. I remove what could bother corals and/or what I can get to easily. The rest, well, it adds texture!

Archived