SaltCritters.com

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

actually your frag of purple deaths................

I think the other ones are some Jason Fox zoa next to them....

The 5 polyps have grown.......I am lazy and need to get them your way :lol: the fruit loops are now about 5 polyps also.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually your frag of purple deaths................

I think the other ones are some Jason Fox zoa next to them....

The 5 polyps have grown.......I am lazy and need to get them your way :lol: the fruit loops are now about 5 polyps also.

Well, at the rate you're growing them, maybe you should continue being lazy :lol:

More polyps that way for me!

I got a picture of my maxima somewhat closed this morning before lights came on. It's cool to see the growth edge since it's such a contrast!

That's sweet looking Stella. As much as I love the colors of Clams, we won't keep them (1). Tank is too small and I am sure our water quality isn't there. BUT! I can appreciate them from afar :wub:

That's sweet looking Stella. As much as I love the colors of Clams, we won't keep them (1). Tank is too small and I am sure our water quality isn't there. BUT! I can appreciate them from afar :wub:

I had my "Lil Bit" maxima (she was 3/4") in my Evolve 8 tank. It was perfect. She helped clean it and she was there for like 1.5 yrs I'd say. Now she's been in the 10g since January and she's looking like 3" to me. Have a Par38 full spectrum, the one that's over the 10g and very low maintenance for her.

My first experience with clams was horrible. This one, so far, so good. They like dirtier water, but also need stability in terms of calcium and alk. And they need a high amount of lighting as far as I know. I still expect to wake up in the morning and see one or both of them dead :lol:

I had my "Lil Bit" maxima (she was 3/4") in my Evolve 8 tank. It was perfect. She helped clean it and she was there for like 1.5 yrs I'd say. Now she's been in the 10g since January and she's looking like 3" to me. Have a Par38 full spectrum, the one that's over the 10g and very low maintenance for her.

You've had Lil Bit for a while! I didn't realize how long. That's awesome. And how did I not know you have a 10 gallon????

ha! Page 166 of my 66 thread!

My first experience with clams was horrible. This one, so far, so good. They like dirtier water, but also need stability in terms of calcium and alk. And they need a high amount of lighting as far as I know. I still expect to wake up in the morning and see one or both of them dead :lol:

You've had Lil Bit for a while! I didn't realize how long. That's awesome. And how did I not know you have a 10 gallon????

ha! Page 166 of my 66 thread!

And then Gertie will be 3 yrs old in Nov that I've had her! Yeah 3 tanks going. The Evolve8 turned into a 10. Which the Evolve was really more like 6-7 gallons once you filled it w/ rock, etc.

And then Gertie will be 3 yrs old in Nov that I've had her! Yeah 3 tanks going. The Evolve8 turned into a 10. Which the Evolve was really more like 6-7 gallons once you filled it w/ rock, etc.

oh cool! What's in the 10??? Besides lil bit...

oh wait! Nameless and Shameless. I knew about the 10! For some reason, I didn't think you set it back up when you moved!

Oh pipettes wouldn't do crap on this stuff :) This stuff is stubborn - it is attached very well and can't be knocked off. I figure as long as it isn't near the corals, I don't worry about it. I fought it for a long time, going in and removing everything I could see weekly. I just couldn't keep up and it wasn't worth the stress. So, I let it grow where it won't bother anything and take it off where it will. Maybe it's the wrong approach, but I figure if it isn't bothering anything, then I'm not going to let it bother me.

And one last picture! The lone grandis :lol: Actually, it's shooting up a second polyp now! I got this one from cultivated reef a few months ago.

dXNI6qh.jpg

Are those blastos? See this is what I'd like my 40 to look like but instead it's just meh. The tank looks gorgeous!

Nameless & Shameless has 2 different frogspawn, the Double D Palys, my maxima, some mushrooms, gsp, Red monti and the purple green chalice and the clowns, some hermits & coral banded shrimp and bumble bee snail.

Are those blastos? See this is what I'd like my 40 to look like but instead it's just meh. The tank looks gorgeous!

Yep, blastos! Your 40 is AWESOME! I mean, that goni alone! And thanks Mark :D

Nameless & Shameless has 2 different frogspawn, the Double D Palys, my maxima, some mushrooms, gsp, Red monti and the purple green chalice and the clowns, some hermits & coral banded shrimp and bumble bee snail.

Oh cool! I need to go take a look!

My dad's IM10 I gave him for Father's Day is filling in! I did a waterchange on Thursday.

A couple months ago, I bought some fauna Marin zoanthus and ricordea food. Proceeded to forget about it and came across it yesterday so I put some in instead of my usual dose of Coral frenzy or reef roids. The acans loved it! Puffed up and grabbed the little particles with their feeders.

My dad's IM10 I gave him for Father's Day is filling in! I did a waterchange on Thursday.

A couple months ago, I bought some fauna Marin zoanthus and ricordea food. Proceeded to forget about it and came across it yesterday so I put some in instead of my usual dose of Coral frenzy or reef roids. The acans loved it! Puffed up and grabbed the little particles with their feeders.

The 10 is looking good.....I wish mine looked better....

Do you leave those nanomags in there? Be careful they rust.....I had that happen to mine in the 20.

A fishy video for today! Magellan the one spot is a little fatty That fish has such personality

Nice video I love the movement in there.

The 10 is looking good.....I wish mine looked better....

Do you leave those nanomags in there? Be careful they rust.....I had that happen to mine in the 20.

Nice video I love the movement in there.

The top one is a feeding ring. Really?? Rusted? Crap I'll have to check it. Yeah I leave them in so I told my dad to

And thank you!

I wish my 10 looked better too.

I take my nano mags out so they don't rust. Mine have lasted forever :)

I read it somewhere and after looking at mine I could see a ring of rust. I still use it but do not leave it in the tank anymore.

I take my nano mags out so they don't rust. Mine have lasted forever :)

I read it somewhere and after looking at mine I could see a ring of rust. I still use it but do not leave it in the tank anymore.

Guess I better start taking mine out!! I only have one in the 10. I use a flipper in the other tanks and I take those out.

Guess I better start taking mine out!! I only have one in the 10. I use a flipper in the other tanks and I take those out.

I have the flipper also but it does not work that great......I am still on the hunt for a good cleaning magnet......

I have the flipper also but it does not work that great......I am still on the hunt for a good cleaning magnet......

Really?? I think the flipper is the bees knees lol!!

Really?? I think the flipper is the bees knees lol!!

Yeah mine was jacked up to begin with......the metal scraper was installed wrong and did not work very well until I got it put in the right way. To this day I still think its not working correctly.......It works great if I put it in my hand and scrape the glass but on the magnet it sucks.........

My flipper works great but the blade gets dull fast. I still use the nano mag a lot on the small tanks because it will fit in places the flipper can't.

Plus when there's a cleaner right next to every tank I'm much more likely to use it :)

Archived