Pod Your Reef

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Thanks Ninja!!! How's your clam doing?

The tank is 295 days old today :)

It looks mature because I stuffed a bunch of crap in there :lol:

My clam is doing great I think. The other day it detached its foot though so I was scared something is wrong. But it looks fine now. I am more worried that it will become a snack for my new copperband butterfly in the near future....

My banggai cardinals started fighting so I had to separate them out. I was hoping they will bond but guess not. Just one banggai doesn't look right so I may have to trade them both in at some point.

Has your yellow gorgonian grew much?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My clam is doing great I think. The other day it detached its foot though so I was scared something is wrong. But it looks fine now. I am more worried that it will become a snack for my new copperband butterfly in the near future....

My banggai cardinals started fighting so I had to separate them out. I was hoping they will bond but guess not. Just one banggai doesn't look right so I may have to trade them both in at some point.

Has your yellow gorgonian grew much?

That would've scared me too!! That copperband is beautiful. I didn't realize they may pick at clams!

That stinks about the bangaiis- one of mine is more agressive and will chase the female a bit but no fighting. And they are both peaceful to the other fish.

My gorg hasn't grown that much- how's yours doing? I love that one you have. I've been still searching for a larger one.

Nice! I love the shots taken aboard th SS uppityville

ha! Thanks Sancho!

Holy cow! Over 4 weeks since an update :blush:

Here's an overdue full tank shot from last week:

fLQfqea.jpg

Since my last update, I've added two melanurus wrasses - a small juvenile/female and a large male! They cleared up the rust flatworms in a couple days and are doing a number on my overpopulation of bristle worms! I haven't been able to get a good photo of either. They are really beautiful fish.

I snapped this quick photo when I saw so many of my fish out in the open! I'm glad the clowns have relocated to the front of the tank instead of the very back behind the tonga:

33b9b5H.jpg

My blue maxima from Cultivated Reef is still doing well and seems happy! I still expect to wake up in the morning and see it dead after last year's experience with ORA clams:

sWcPakF.jpg

HrAY9GF.jpg

I had also picked up a squammy at the LFS a couple months ago and it seems happy as well:

GlM1Pxy.jpg

Top down of the two clams. You can also see a baby RFA (more like a teenager now to use Spectra's terms!) under the cynarina on the left.

wmSd2mI.jpgPink Zippers from PolarCollision

Gyo4wvw.jpg

Not the best shot, especially since the larger wrasse had buried himself right under the alveopora garden and knocked a few frags over:

rkmXIjA.jpg?1

This pink sinularia is growing like crazy all of a sudden:

wCIZCSC.jpg

This lobo is one of my favorites. I picked it up from AquaSD and it has all sorts of colors under blues:

0Hp3BWM.jpg

Here's what it looks like under daylights:

N0FFLQM.jpgSome zoas I got from Rafastank:

Za4JRU7.jpg

Some other zoas, but you can see the ones in the photo above under daylights to the left of the zoas in the middle:

ssHakdg.jpg

Red spot cardinals swimming over the maxima:

8RoFilt.jpg

Jeff and I picked up our new toy last Friday! It's been nice to be back out on the water. I sure missed it.

9oNmjfe.jpg

It doesn't look that hot in this photo, but it was freaking HOT out when we went out last Saturday:

YN01M9C.jpg

WRnrhO0.jpg

DBpvufu.jpg

And the first trip into our marina here in town!

5RBNFwi.jpg

Magellan, my foxface, sleeps in the gorgonians at night. He has a favorite one too! I took these photos on a couple of different nights. He camouflages himself when he's sleeping as well:

zXHCEMY.jpg

xeBNolz.jpg

bEhVc8J.jpg

Ok, here are some photos of the melanurus wrasses! Not great, they move a lot and it's hard to get photos:

The big guy - his name is Ferdinand since Magellan follows him around everywhere, all day:

3QzxXTs.jpg

And the little female/juvenile:

ckGLSMd.jpg

A couple more boat photos. The dogs generally always go out with us and they love it!

Franklin watching the action on the dock:

rMdCkXJ.jpg

Iko and Stella chillin'

iLQuXfd.jpg

ha! Thanks Jackie! Right side of the tank. I'm going to need to do some gorgonian trimming soon. This is from a couple weeks ago, and they've been going through a growth spurt lately. They've grown since this photo:

UMflPFe.jpg

And a puffy fox coral:

aSh5lCt.jpg

And last but not least, the Chromis trio:

KMFG5d6.jpg

Since its been a month since my last update, I better bring these to the new page.

Plumbing doesn't count- and I actually think you told me that in this thread somewhere :lol:

Hey its an update........and not much going on so :P

Holy cow! Over 4 weeks since an update :blush:

Here's an overdue full tank shot from last week:

fLQfqea.jpg

Since my last update, I've added two melanurus wrasses - a small juvenile/female and a large male! They cleared up the rust flatworms in a couple days and are doing a number on my overpopulation of bristle worms! I haven't been able to get a good photo of either. They are really beautiful fish.

It looks like an overstocked 20H not a 60g+

Well played ;)

Wow, Uppityville......looks absolutely amazing!! Has it been TOTM yet?

And that picture of Franklin.......not sure who has more hair....him or your arm.

:^ )

And that picture of Franklin.......not sure who has more hair....him or your arm.

^this

and ^this :lol:

Thanks but Teeny likes the pics so I keep posting them :lol:

Darn straight!

I'm glad the wrasses cleared them all out. They are great hunters.

They really are! I did just notice that my dwarf cerith population went from a hundred or so to basically non-existent! I'm thinking these are well fed wrasses....

I watched the little one grab a pretty good size spaghetti worm yesterday, bang it against a rock until it was dead and then proceed to eat it....

It looks like an overstocked 20H not a 60g+

Well played ;)

:lol: I'm not sure if this is an insult or a compliment, but thank you! I enjoy overstocked tanks :)

ha! Thanks Rev!

Yeah, crap. Didn't realize I forgot to wax my arms before I took that photo.

^this

and ^this :lol:

Darn straight!

:lol:

Stella your clam is very pretty. Do you have it in the rockwork and what kind of flow does it receive? When you put it in the tank was it happy quickly or did it move around a bunch to find its perfect spot?

Stella your clam is very pretty. Do you have it in the rockwork and what kind of flow does it receive? When you put it in the tank was it happy quickly or did it move around a bunch to find its perfect spot?

Thanks drgibby! I have the maxima in the rock work - it's attached to the side of a frag donut - I had initially placed it on there and it adjusted itself on the side. It didn't move around too much and got happy pretty quickly. I did move it along with the frag donut up to a somewhat better location for light and its stayed put since. I have it in low flow, but the mantle gets a little bit of movement and it seems to like that. I'll post a video.

This tank is what mine wants to be when it grows up. LOVE it all! Those gorgonians are amazing - where do you find them? My LFS never has any. And bonus of Bert in one pic.

Love the doggies on the yacht. Definitely born to the life.

:lol: I'm not sure if this is an insult or a compliment, but thank you! I enjoy overstocked tanks :)

It was meant as a compliment... but you already knew that

Also; Franklin is a pimp... but you already knew that as well.

B)

B)

:lol:

This tank is what mine wants to be when it grows up. LOVE it all! Those gorgonians are amazing - where do you find them? My LFS never has any. And bonus of Bert in one pic.

Love the doggies on the yacht. Definitely born to the life.

Thanks Newstead! I've gotten quite a few of the from KP aquatics and some from live-plants.com! And some from reefers here as well. I'll need to be trimming some soon so I'll shoot you a PM.

Wow Stella, things are looking great.

thanks Java!! I was catching up on your tank earlier and forgot to leave a note. Your tank is looking good as well - and you're getting some serious growth!

B)

:lol: Franklin knows he's a pimp as well. It presents its own set of challenges.

Thanks Newstead! I've gotten quite a few of the from KP aquatics and some from live-plants.com! And some from reefers here as well. I'll need to be trimming some soon so I'll shoot you a PM.

thanks Java!! I was catching up on your tank earlier and forgot to leave a note. Your tank is looking good as well - and you're getting some serious growth!

:lol: Franklin knows he's a pimp as well. It presents its own set of challenges.

Franklin needs a little just for men he was looking a little gray in the pic you sent me :o

Franklin needs a little just for men he was looking a little gray in the pic you sent me :o

ha! He actually doesn't have any grey hair. Just light red and darker read.

ha! He actually doesn't have any grey hair. Just light red and darker read.

Sure :rolleyes: everyone is in denial it sucks getting old............

Archived