ReefCleaners.org

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

oh hey look at that, another thing we have in common....hahah. My yellow coris is not eating them. They are all over my hammer and frogspawns. Dipping doesnt do anything. I really dont want to use Flatworm Exit.

Flatworm exit will quickly kill your RFAs - just FYI. I just saw my cleaner shrimp eat a bunch of them so I'm hoping that continues but I'm also going to look for a wrasse this weekend.

We have a lot in common! Midases, RFAs, puppies, bubble algae, flatworms, lol!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: don't egg him on! Actually I would really like the reefer 425xl. Which is also part of the reason for the massive nyos quantum skimmer. Slowly accumulating the stuff I'll need.

Instagram makes it so easy to add photos. I wish we had the ability to add them here like Twitter connects.

Awesome! How many gallons is the 425xl?

oh hey look at that, another thing we have in common....hahah. My yellow coris is not eating them. They are all over my hammer and frogspawns. Dipping doesnt do anything. I really dont want to use Flatworm Exit.

What kind of dip did you use? I've got some kind of flatworms too, in my frag tank, and I'm trying to figure out options.

What kind of dip did you use? I've got some kind of flatworms too, in my frag tank, and I'm trying to figure out options.

If you have the clear white ones, they're nothing to worry about - algae eaters. I know this was geared towards ninja but I use coral RX

Awesome! How many gallons is the 425xl?

I think 80? Maybe? I'm bad with the whole metric conversions :lol:

i use revive. it kills about 75% of it on the coral but not all

Well, I's got the worms. Brown acoel flatworms to be exact. Crap

Hopefully you did not see them in the crap :blink::P

All this dip talk makes me want some sour cream and onion :rolleyes: but why do you guys just not use Bayer? I love the stuff.

Bayer is my first choice for acros, and you're right, that should work. I just don't usually use it on softies.

Get the 525 not the 425!

You'll need room for my RFA Rock

Lol a 4 foot tank is plenty big for me lol

Hopefully you did not see them in the crap :blink: :PAll this dip talk makes me want some sour cream and onion :rolleyes: but why do you guys just not use Bayer? I love the stuff.

I'm definitely not gonna rehash why I don't use Bayer :)

I have a confession to make: it's been two weeks and a day since my last water change. And I may have bought a 55 gallon macro tank over the weekend....

I have a confession to make: it's been two weeks and a day since my last water change. And I may have bought a 55 gallon macro tank over the weekend....

Holy cow.......how often do you change water?

-Hope you're not putting Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb in there......they'll never find food.

Holy cow.......how often do you change water?

-Hope you're not putting Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb in there......they'll never find food.

Lol once a week I change out between 10-15 gallons.

The dumb dumbs are going in there! 12 is coming down.

80+55 omgomgomg

Sounds fun :D.

Well luckily the macro tank is EASY. I think I only do water changes once a month. So top off and feeding is pretty much it.

Well luckily the macro tank is EASY. I think I only do water changes once a month. So top off and feeding is pretty much it.

is it the standard 55 gallon like at petco?

is it the standard 55 gallon like at petco?

Yes - picked it up at the $1 per gallon sale. So it's long, narrow and tall. 48"x13"x20"

Yes - picked it up at the $1 per gallon sale. So it's long, narrow and tall. 48"x13"x20"

Yep...we had those. My dad had two of them set up in the "fish room". One was fish only (fake coral) and the other was FOWLR :). And then when I moved out I took the fish only with me and set it up as a freshwater tank!

Lol once a week I change out between 10-15 gallons.

The dumb dumbs are going in there! 12 is coming down.

Maybe that explains my algae.

:^ )

Elizabeth94

What if you use a tiny bit of flatworm exit in a small container with the infected corals? Then rinse and add to tank. I wonder if that will work.

What if you use a tiny bit of flatworm exit in a small container with the infected corals? Then rinse and add to tank. I wonder if that will work.

I've been freshwater dipping the infected corals and the flatworms jump off. I am just too nervous to use flatworm exit at all given the issues VIP reef had with their rock flowers dying. Not a risk I want to take since I still have 6 adults and probably 20 babies in this tank.

I then siphon out the ones I see in the glass. Might be a losing battle but I'm also hoping some kind of wrasse will help. It also seems my skunk cleaner shrimp find them tasty.

A melanurus wrasse destroyed my flatworms in under a week in my 12l.

Good tip! I had been looking at them but am not sure if they'll do well in my tank since I don't have sandy substrate - it's more of a very coarse pebble. I'll have to look again.

Archived