ReefCleaners.org

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Oh I overfeed also ;) Hell its like a snow storm when I dump the food in there....... fish and corals are happy though.

I have a big skimmer waiting for the new tank but I like the macro garden in the sump so not really sure yet.

I say have both

that lobo is gorgeous! after seeing this I am thinking my mystery LPS may be a lobo. Not as pretty as you guys have, but nice.

I bet you're right about your coral!! They're slow growers I think.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say have both

I bet you're right about your coral!! They're slow growers I think.

the flesh of mine has grown twice as big since I got it, but the skeleton is the same. That's why I orginally was thinking acanthus but it doesn't have that "rippled" flesh look.

Well, some sad tank news to report. My female hybrid goby died (Foby for Fat Goby) :( She had been hiding in her barnacle for days with my male (Skoby for Skinny goby). It looked like they were breeding, but then she just disappeared so I think she just wasn't doing well. She has always looked like she ate a marble ever since they started spawning so I was always worried that she'd not make it long term. Anyway, Skoby seems ok. But lonely :(

Maybe pair him up with Bob :o Just kidding.......maybe :lol: Hell you know my humor..............

Sorry to hear the news.

Maybe pair him up with Bob :o Just kidding.......maybe :lol: Hell you know my humor..............

Sorry to hear the news.

:lol: match made in heaven! Bob might eat him :o

I was feeding bob tonight and went to give a large piece of krill to one of the peppermint shrimps and Bob swam over and grabbed it! and ate the whole freaking thing in one bite! I'm not sure how.

msparklym13

I absolutely love your tank! I always look at your pics :-) I have to tell you - granted it is probably due to having two toddlers- the picture behind looks like fruit loops! "Loops" are one of the most important food items in our house and I giggle every time I look at the pic. Sorry to hear about Foby :-(

Well Stells is kind of a fruit loop :P

Bob was just hungry......you do need to feed him you know.....

I absolutely love your tank! I always look at your pics :-) I have to tell you - granted it is probably due to having two toddlers- the picture behind looks like fruit loops! "Loops" are one of the most important food items in our house and I giggle every time I look at the pic. Sorry to hear about Foby :-(

Thank you!!! And you're totally right - it does look like fruit loops :lol: I forget where but someone else on NR said that too and it cracked me up!

Well Stells is kind of a fruit loop :P

Bob was just hungry......you do need to feed him you know.....

:lol: yes I am!

Bob gets lotsa food. Well not as much as Foby would get apparently.

Sorry to hear about Foby :tears:

Thanks teeny. Between Dot and Foby, it's making me rethink my whole need to have mated pairs of things. I always feel bad for the one left.

sorry about the goby =(. i hear you about the mated pair of things. i have two firefish that is doing well. i want to add a couple more but dont want to risk jeopardizing the relationship the two have now.

Thanks teeny. Between Dot and Foby, it's making me rethink my whole need to have mated pairs of things. I always feel bad for the one left.

You have something about an inter racial relationship :blink: just put them together........ or get more......

:D

Can you get Arrow crabs wher you live? I think i remember my tank lost all britleworms after i got one and i then found out later that it is a favorit snack for Arrow crabs

Can you get Arrow crabs wher you live? I think i remember my tank lost all britleworms after i got one and i then found out later that it is a favorit snack for Arrow crabs

I'll have to look into that. I have a bunch of peaceful inverts so I get nervous about adding something more aggressive...

I thought about arrows but after doing some Googling they sounded like the terminators of the crab world :unsure:

I thought about arrows but after doing some Googling they sounded like the terminators of the crab world :unsure:

Yeah, that's my fear. I have the anemone crabs and they're so peaceful I would hate to cause problems for them. Well, and the skunk cleaner shrimp. And the scarlet hermits. The blue legs - well, they seem to be able to fend for themselves really well :lol:

Ok, need some help identifying something. I occasionally see these stark white weird things that literally look like the shape of sperm and I can't figure out what they are. Saw one attached to the glass today - generally I see them floating around then I don't see any for another few months. What the heck are they? Also, just a word of advice. If you're googling white sperm-like worm, make sure you put "reef tank" in the search criteria or you get some really weird and horrendous results.

mSFmzS8.jpg

If you're googling white sperm-like worm, make sure you put "reef tank" in the search criteria or you get some really weird and horrendous results.

:lol:

But I have no idea what they are :(

Ok, need some help identifying something. I occasionally see these stark white weird things that literally look like the shape of sperm and I can't figure out what they are. Saw one attached to the glass today - generally I see them floating around then I don't see any for another few months. What the heck are they? Also, just a word of advice. If you're googling white sperm-like worm, make sure you put "reef tank" in the search criteria or you get some really weird and horrendous results.

mSFmzS8.jpg

LOL......I think El Jeffe is messing with you. Tell him to stay away from your tank.

A couple of coral photos.

Leptastrea:

3inWk1A.jpg

Chalice:

UbcgHIA.jpg

New acans:

mCBFIEB.jpg

Fox coral - getting quite large.

uv1TqYw.jpg

:lol:

But I have no idea what they are :(

LOL......I think El Jeffe is messing with you. Tell him to stay away from your tank.

LOL you both crack me up. But you're no help :D

Do you have any coral close to your powerheads?

yeah, not too far. Duncan is next to one, got a toadstool and some other softies close to the other and the frag rack is close to one as well. I smash the coral in there - it's close to everything :lol:

the pink acans look nice!

Thanks! I am hoping I don't turn them orange

Today's project: clean out the entire sump, empty out all bio media from fuge and start new. I've been having trouble with my toadstools for months now and I think the seachem bio matrix I packed into my fuge might be leaching aluminum. It's the only thing I can think of. I've tried moving them away from other corals, I've removed certain types of corals that they might not like, nothing has worked. So I'm putting in tupperware containers of mud in place of the bio matrix in the fuge. This is going to be a pain in the you know what.

Archived